發新帖
查看: 869|回覆: 3
go

學phonics過程中踫到的問題,請指教.... [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 08-11-10 10:13 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
各位:

有一事想請教。

女兒的英文功課,有一部分是叫孩子們分別將long e sound和short e sound的文字圈出來。我本身不懂phonics,所以,想了解,當第一次接觸這些生字的時候,應該怎樣區別long e sound和short e sound呢?例如說,我們都知道:

1)eagle, ear, equal, eat, evening, Easter是“long e sound”;

2)elephant, elevator, egg, elf, elbow, Eskimo是“short e sound”

.......但是,假若是第一次看到它們的話,是怎樣就知道哪個用long e sound、哪個用short e sound呢?
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 08-11-10 19:15 |只看該作者
For "e", the long e sound applies when the vowel of the word is read as "ee" (usually it is a long vowel when it is read as the same sound as the letters of the alphabet such as "a" in able, "e" in see, "i" in pie, etc).

When the word appears like "ee" or "ea", it usually takes the long e sound.

On the other hand, the short e sound is simply the "e" sound as in "ed", "el", etc (same as the examples you have given).

If you really need to do exercises like this, I think you need to study the phonics system your girl is learning (as there are many different versions of phonics package and courses).  There's no short cut.  I've just searched some info for your reference and see if it helps.

http://www.hkedcity.net/article/phonics2003/teaching/5.phtml

http://www.eduplace.com/rdg/sv/books/gr4/englishlearner/pdf/el_g4_u2.pdf

However, if phonics is not a must at school, I would rather let my kid learn IPA when he is old enough b'cos phonics has many limitations (e.g. it has many exceptions so that one cannot pronounce a word correctly simply by looking at its spelling.  For instance, prayer and tortoise.  My kid read "prayer" as "pray+a" and "tortoise" as "tort+toiz", but I said the correct pronunciation are "prair" and "tort+tiz" respectively).

原帖由 evatsoihk 於 08-11-10 10:13 發表
各位:

有一事想請教。

女兒的英文功課,有一部分是叫孩子們分別將long e sound和short e sound的文字圈出來。我本身不懂phonics,所以,想了解,當第一次接觸這些生字的時候,應該怎樣區別long e sound和short e sound呢?例如 ...

3#
發表於 08-11-10 23:18 |只看該作者
There are eight ways to spell Long e sound as "E" :-

e - he     
ee - feet
ie  - thief
ey - key
e_e (_=consonant) - here (the last e is silent )
ea - eat
y - baby (sometimes the sound of y at the end   
               of the word is "E")
ei - ceiling

But there are still some exception words you need to memorize and distinguish.  

e.g.  

br ea  k
th  ey      ( Both ( ea & ey ) of them are long A sound you need to pronounce )  

U are able to self-study the phonics in detail by reading the book "Words Their Way Appendix  -circle c by Prentice-Hall Inc." in a library.
(I am not sure the Book Name.)

原帖由 evatsoihk 於 08-11-10 10:13 發表
各位:

有一事想請教。

女兒的英文功課,有一部分是叫孩子們分別將long e sound和short e sound的文字圈出來。我本身不懂phonics,所以,想了解,當第一次接觸這些生字的時候,應該怎樣區別long e sound和short e sound呢?例如 ...

[ 本帖最後由 kiiiiiller 於 08-11-11 14:46 編輯 ]

4#
發表於 08-11-11 15:14 |只看該作者

mosesdaddy and kiiiiiiler

mosesdaddy and kiiiiiiler,

Thanks for your advice and detail input. This is really helpful.

‹ 上一主題|下一主題