用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 international school to local primary one?
發新帖
查看: 659|回覆: 10
go

international school to local primary one? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 08-10-5 17:41 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
Dear all,
If now I applied a international kindergarten to my son (now he is studying in K2 in local kindergarten) , that mean in sept-2009, he will study in K3 in international kindergarten . ( the reason I apply internaional school to him now is because I want to set up a safety net to my son in case he failed in all DSS/private school when he apply K3 next yr)
And then I applied the private/DSS school in the Sept,2009, will the DSS or private school think that my son has already chosen international school line and decrease his chance to get admission?
Can anyone help to sove my problem?
thanks
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 08-10-5 17:51 |只看該作者
Sorry, really don't quite understand your question. Can you elaborate a bit more ?

原帖由 liyinfai 於 08-10-5 17:41 發表
Dear all,
If now I applied a international kindergarten to my son (now he is studying in K2 in local kindergarten) , that mean in sept-2009, he will study in K3 in international kindergarten . ( the r ...

3#
發表於 08-10-5 18:38 |只看該作者
Sorry! My plan is like this:
1/ What I want is a DSS/private school to my son.
2/ My son is studying K2 now in local kindergarten.
3/ I worry that when my son applys DSS/ private school in 2009, he will fail. I don't want him to be allocated a primary school through government pathway.
4/ My plan is that I apply an international kindergarten to him first (egESF or CDNIS), so if he is successful, he will start his grade one class in international school in sept,09
5/ Then, In sept,2009, while he starts his grade one class in international school, I apply the local  DSS/private school for him.
6/ if he is successful in application, then he will start his primary one in 2010 in local DSS/private school ---> perfect outcome
7/ However, if he fails in application in sept,2009, then he can continue his study in the international school pathway so that he will not be allocated via goernment. ---> int. school acts as a safety net
8/ My question is if I proceed to my plan, when my son applys DSS/private school in sept-2009, will the DSS/private schools less likely to consider my's application as my son came from international school ??

Thanks a lot.

4#
發表於 08-10-5 18:50 |只看該作者
I think it's more difficult for you to get into EFS type of P1 if you are from a local school..  Which DSS/private schools you like that you need to plan like this?  I would say some of them are very traditional (SFA, Ying Wa) and some are more interactive like international schools..

5#
發表於 08-10-5 19:10 |只看該作者
liyinfai, I pm you already.

But just to add, once you go into international school, even just ONE year... you fall quite a bit behind that you become almost non-competitive with other kids for the local schools. (top brand ones I am referring).

Have you considered sending your child to something in between ? That's what we are aiming for right now. We are in the middle of the battle for P1 !
(My daughter is in K3 )

We turned down a number of int'l  schools last year.... I hope I don't regret it. But this is just something you have to make a decision about. No perfect outcome.

6#
發表於 08-10-5 19:55 |只看該作者
原帖由 Pianokc 於 08-10-5 19:10 發表
liyinfai, I pm you already.

But just to add, once you go into international school, even just ONE year... you fall quite a bit behind that you become almost non-competitive with other kids for the lo ...

My aim is very DSS/private school but not the very top one.
My target is creative school or CKY . All of them are IB school.

7#
發表於 08-10-5 20:12 |只看該作者
My ranking is :1/  DSS/Private school 2/ International school 3/ government school (even La shalle) because I hate hk education style .
What I fear is that if I got accept from ESF, when I apply local DSS/Private school next yr, at that time ie sept 2009, my son is a ESF student already, then will the local DSS/private school not like to accept my son as my son has already choose international school pathway?
What is your idea?

8#
發表於 08-10-5 23:20 |只看該作者
Well, if it's La Salle, and you get in by lottery, then it doesn't matter ESF or not. However, if you are planning DBS, or Other top tier private schools.... then yes, I think it will affect your child's chances. In general, they will look at what school your child is presently attending, will make some initial, informal assumption as what "level" he is probably at. However, the ultimate test is the interview... so if your son can pull off a superb interview, and can answer all their questions with amazing answers, and impressively... then he will probably still get in.

Most ESF kids who got out of the system I know.... went to schools like ISF, CKY, Yew Chung.... hardly any local.

Like most locals say "once international, there is no turning back."

That's why we try local first, because you can always go to Int'l after you have tried local and prefer to get out of the system.

Just one question: (this was asked to me when I had the same situation as you.)

"What signs from your child signals to you that he/she will FAIL to get into a "desired" private/DSS school from the local system at this point?"

I said, "nothing. She's doing really well in her local kindergarten." That was our answer. Try first local, because the local system has it flaws, but also I believe in the primary school years, it will lay a good foundation, and let my child trained to be very durable, independent, and disciplined.

Intern'l schools- wait for highschool, or abroad.

But if she's unhappy in local primary school in the future, I will of course move her to int'l or the PIS schools.

hope this helps you.

原帖由 liyinfai 於 08-10-5 20:12 發表
My ranking is :1/  DSS/Private school 2/ International school 3/ government school (even La shalle) because I hate hk education style .
What I fear is that if I got accept from ESF, when I apply local ...

9#
發表於 08-10-6 01:53 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

10#
發表於 08-10-6 02:25 |只看該作者
I agree... it's not easy to transfer from Local school to Int'l school either. (I guess I omitted this point because we speak only Eng at home).. so my daughter is actually weak in Chinese.

But, I think truth is, nothing is impossible, but whether going from int'l school TO local school, or local school TO int'l school... it's nevertheless a lot of changes and differences to adapt to for student, and parents....

So, you have to make your own decision what's BEST for your child at this point and with all the info in front of you and hope for the best!

11#
發表於 08-10-6 14:19 |只看該作者
THanks so much!
I think I will let him finish K3 first.
Actually, I do not accept my kid don't know chinese.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題