搜索
教育王國 討論區 資優教育 名校 or 愉快學習 ?
發新帖
查看: 4747|回覆: 19
go

名校 or 愉快學習 ? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 08-6-29 18:12 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
先講講自己往事. 從小父母沒給讀書壓力, 只要求盡力, 所以小學時很開心, 成績年年全級頭五名,順利入名校女拔萃.
但中學完全兩個世界, 同學很ambitious, 無論自己多努力, 都不會是最outstanding .校園生活不開心.完成F5, 去了加拿大, 讀書開心, 沒壓力. 成績優秀. 不過, 有時會諗, 若不是中學時英文底打得好, 怎會比其他同學讀得舒服?!
現在做人mama, 貫徹父母思想, 不給子女壓力, 囝囝選小學時, 只參加大抽獎, 入讀聖公會普通小學, 只想他開開心心. 怎知, 他學業成績非常好,居然兩學年都是全級第一名.老師說他非常聰明, 後來知道他是資優兒.
老師提議跳級, 但最後轉校到標榜
提拔資優和愉快學習的直資.
轉校後, 看到他很開心, 原本正合我們意思. 其他說囝成績這樣好,
應讀名校.
老實說, 有時虛榮心作祟, 都有些心動. 事實上, 名校畢業, 真是有些 privilege..
例有一次, 和客見面, 閒談中知我女拔畢業, 即說對我很有信心. 事實是這project 是我處理的第一個project, 我對自己都沒信心!!

囝現在小五, 身邊不斷有其他家長建議選讀名中學, 但現小學有直升中學. 煩惱應報名校 or 讓他於原中學愉快學習 ?
想再一提的是, 他是資優兒, 伴隨很多資優的問題: EQ, 情緒化, 不守規則, 自我. 不什懂得與人相處, 怕傳統名校會不容他, 怕他像我以前於女拔一樣讀得不開心...家長們, 我應怎樣選擇??
   1    0    0    0

2#
發表於 08-6-29 22:29 |只看該作者
咸魚白菜,各有所好
崇尚名牌,覺得揹個名牌袋就會被人另眼相看,所以終日營營役役,為個人榮耀而拼命,被人質疑?會話:名牌物有所值,款型又耐用,設計家嘔心瀝血之作,貴得有道理......
知道係本港名校畢業生而對其有信心,同見其周身名牌而錯覺見到貴婦差唔多!
宏觀D啦!彈丸之地對比世界之大,有智慧ge老板會選性格全面ge人發號司令,但選名牌學府ge人執行!兩者皆高薪厚職,無沖突!資優ge人,天生就脫俗,彷如鳳凰困鳥籠,視乎想佢飛得高定係飛得美麗

[ 本文章最後由 701003 於 08-6-29 22:36 編輯 ]

3#
發表於 08-6-30 00:40 |只看該作者
"彷如鳳凰困鳥籠,視乎想佢飛得高定係飛得美麗"

原文章由 701003 於 08-6-29 22:29 發表
咸魚白菜,各有所好
崇尚名牌,覺得揹個名牌袋就會被人另眼相看,所以終日營營役役,為個人榮耀而拼命,被人質疑?會話:名牌物有所值,款型又耐用,設計家嘔心瀝血之作,貴得有道理......
知道係本港名校畢業生而對其有信心,同 ...

4#
發表於 08-6-30 11:07 |只看該作者

回覆 #2 701003 的文章

我覺得最緊要是小朋友讀得開心就ok.

5#
發表於 08-7-1 14:31 |只看該作者

回覆 #4 yiuyiu777 的文章

you can find an answer.

articles here are good for you:http://www.hkedcity.net/cms/arti ... fddd1b/146/content/

送一個小孩到高手林立的名校,究竟對小孩自信有甚麼影響?我認為學生對數學(或其他科目)是否充滿自信受多種因素影響,其中一項影響重大的因素,是學生如何評價自己相對於其他同學的能力。他們若認為自己能力高於他人,當然自信提升,但若果他們認為自己能力遠遜同學,自信必然大減。

那麼小孩就讀個個都是甲組人材的名校,究竟是提高還是減低他們的自信?其實名校學生平均能力比一般學校為高,所以名校學生自信可能稍高,這合符邏輯,但這只是反映能力高的學生的自信更高而矣,我們不能因此作結論說,送小孩到名校會提高他的自信。不過,很多家長卻誤以為,只要將子女送入名校,他的自信自然會提高,這是錯誤的邏輯及一廂情願的想法。

家長的結論其實是基於一個不恰當的比較:如果我有一個能力較強並就讀名校的兒子,他的自信是否高於一個能力較弱就讀一般學校的兒子。因為這兩個兒子的能力不相同,這樣的比較難以看出名校對兩個兒子自信的影響。

一個更合宜的比較是找兩個能力相同(例如均是80分)的學生,一個放在名校,一個放在一般學校,然後比較兩個人的自信。這是更合宜的比較方法,因為兩個人的能力相同,他們自信的差別,能夠正確反映就讀名校的影響。

假設兩個學生能力相同(均是80分),就讀名校會否提高學童自信?這些研究,曾在多個國家進行,包括美國、澳洲、歐洲等數十個國家,也包括香港,結果是頗一致的。(自信系列之一)

6#
發表於 08-7-2 12:44 |只看該作者
原文章由 mattsmum 於 08-7-1 14:31 發表
you can find an answer.

articles here are good for you:http://www.hkedcity.net/cms/arti ... fddd1b/146/content/

送一個小孩到高手林立的名校,究竟對小孩自信 ...

入名校,小孩自是否有提高,我唔清楚,但家長自信一定高漲

7#
發表於 08-7-2 14:14 |只看該作者

名校=壓力?

Let me share my experience with you in looking for a right school for gifted children.

I wish my sons have a happy experience in learning, and I did not think reputable school = good school.  And I did not think a gifted child needs a reputable school.  Therefore, I let my first son join the lucky draw and enrol him in a good local government subsidised school.

He was easily graded top in his first and second year.  I found that he's proud of his ability and felt boring about school life.  In view of this, I started to explore what would suit him more.  With consultation with him, teachers and friends, I applied a reputable school for him - Dioceson Boys' School.  Luckily, he's admitted.

His learning life in the first two years, i.e. P. 3 and 4 were not easy, in particular English.  He's one of the bottom students.  This makes him recognise that the world is big.  Luckily, the school sees his potential better than me.  They take care of each student and appreciate their strength and give supplement classes to their weak subjects.  My son attended two years remedial classes in English and Chinese.  In P.5, he came close to the average in all subjects except Maths (He's one of the top).

From his personal view point, I understand that he appreciates this challenge.  He feels inferior among the top students but he understands that even though he's the last in the row, he's one of the top students in Hong Kong.  This was confirmed when he took public examinations.  

He's in P. 6 now.  He's happy and proud of being a DBS boy.  I think my move is correct.  Though we are lucky to change the school.

I think there is a reason for a school becomes famous and reputable.  It is important to find a right school for your child.

Cheers

8#
發表於 08-7-5 13:00 |只看該作者

I like this school very much too!

原文章由 lwong13hk 於 08-7-2 14:14 發表
Let me share my experience with you in looking for a right school for gifted children.

I wish my sons have a happy experience in learning, and I did not think reputable school = good school.  And I d ...

9#
發表於 08-7-7 21:53 |只看該作者

Happy School Life < Famous School Go University

My sister enjoy happy school life but she dont want to study .  
My brother study in tranditional catholic school in Central, so he is a computer gifted and has a super brain for thinking.   He draw a computer floor plan in few mins.  So cool!

Kids must push up and has a good time management.
If we dont spend more time for learning now, we will waste a lot of time for play.

Nowaday,  kids are so smart and all can use computer to draw, communicate, reading, play mental games.
No need to buy and books coz they felt so bored on the same book.  Their eyes spy on every new things on webs.  
Gov't should allow student to have their own notebook computer for study and writing.

No need pencisl and papers.  
Discuss the different topics of the world in the class.
Learn basic/ business english communications.
Create their e-shop for their favourite toys or goods.
Set up a connecting web-site for their future business.
such as Baby kingdom......jshopper......

I think our kids can work at home in the future and no need to spend time on traffic .

So we should teach them to build up their homepage now and change the syslibas of the education.  

We dont need to buy any tast books in the future.

My son use a computer to draw pictures and he said it is  more recyled.  If we can bring a notebook to school , we can save thousand billion of trees......

Come on !Save the world!

NN

原文章由 wildberries 於 08-7-5 13:00 發表

I like this school very much too!
8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

10#
發表於 08-7-9 00:28 |只看該作者

回覆 #1 NichoB 的文章

Agree, no single sucess people can not manage their time well. Normally, this habit start from family education.
Actually, homeschooling is very propular in US and UK this few years. More and more parent n this world buy educated their kids bythemslf with the assistant of web, go to search homeschooling in Google, you may fine how big is this society, they even have a big book talking about the law, regulation and things have to be alert. I use to buy extra exercise book for my 2 daughters, each book cost average $60, we may need 8-10 per acdemic year per girls. Its cost min $1,200 per year, I also need time to correct their exercise. This year their class teacher introduce some web study site to us. They start to do it, it cost cheaper, more fun, most important for me is Computer will correct the answer to them. They also provide study result, and progress, so cool! If my B dont want to do any Maths, they can just go literacy area.
For US system, the one call www.time4learning.com, for UK system, www.educationalcity.com, my daughter enjoy UK one more. Go check it if you buy this idea.
Only happy learning can have good result!

11#
發表於 08-7-26 21:00 |只看該作者
yiuyiu77

請問女拔是否如傳說中咁階級?d女仔在此校讀書是否很大壓力呢?

原文章由 yiuyiu777 於 08-6-28 22:12 發表
但中學完全兩個世界, 同學很ambitious, 無論自己多努力, 都不會是最outstanding 的.校園生活不開心. ...

12#
發表於 08-8-1 10:21 |只看該作者

回覆 #2 NLai 的文章

sorry the web site should be
www.educationcity.com, they have trial course without any fee, try UK for country.

13#
發表於 08-8-6 13:03 |只看該作者
原文章由 C於 08-6-29 18:12 發表
但中學完全兩個世界, 同學很ambitious, 無論自己多努力, 都不會是最outstanding 的.校園生活不開心. ...

請問你囝囝現在是否就讀優才小學呢?
知足常樂!要為你所有的去感恩,
不要為失去的而埋怨!

14#
發表於 08-8-8 13:20 |只看該作者
是否有D兩全其美0既學校呢?
如果男仔可以考慮英華,個C路比校長好主張小朋友活潑,有主見,讀書開心愉快!
試下了解多D添啦!

15#
發表於 08-8-28 13:17 |只看該作者

16#
發表於 08-8-28 14:44 |只看該作者