用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 小學雜談 Anyone admitted to La Salle Primary School from St. ...
查看: 4613|回覆: 21
go

Anyone admitted to La Salle Primary School from St. Catherine this Sep? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 04-5-7 11:15 |只看該作者

Anyone admitted to La Salle Primary School from St. Catherine this Sep?

My son has been admitted to La Salle Primary School this coming September. He got 25 points in the first round as I am an old boy and also Catholic. He is now studying K3 in St. Catherine kindergarten, I would like to know if there is anyone from St. Catherine that is also going to LSPS this year.

2#
發表於 04-5-7 16:10 |只看該作者

Re: Anyone admitted to La Salle Primary School from St. Catherine this Sep?

Lasalleboy,

Same case as yours, my son has also been admitted by La Salle Primary School this Sept., he is also studying at St. Catherine's K3

3#
發表於 04-6-10 21:25 |只看該作者

ViviMama, you are very lucky.  Does your son also have 25 points like Lasalleboy?  My son is now in K1... but he has only 20pts.... any advices?
Thank You

4#
發表於 04-6-11 10:19 |只看該作者

Paupaung,

According to this year allocation, if you have 20 points you have 50% chance of getting in, depending on the lucky draw in the first round. May I know how do you get your 20 points, eldest son and Catholic?

Lasalleboy

5#
發表於 04-6-11 11:09 |只看該作者

Lasalleboy,

I've heard some mama here said the "5 marks on religious" only be counted if kids are Catholic but not their parents.  Is that true?

Btw, do you think 25marks is quite easy to get in?

Thx!!

6#
發表於 04-6-11 11:57 |只看該作者

Dear maria_lai,

The 5 points in religion is only counted if your kid is Catholic (but at least one of the parents should be Catholic to baptise your kid).
As I have talked to Mrs. Pau (Principal of La Salle Primary School), all the 25 points have been admitted this year.

Lasalleboy

7#
發表於 04-6-11 12:13 |只看該作者

LaSalleboy,

May I know when the registerion commence?? From when to when??

Thank you.

Barbie

8#
發表於 04-6-11 13:12 |只看該作者

vivimama,

Can you kindly advise how many marks your son has?  

By the way, did any moms or dads know the result of St. Catherine student, and what school they can be admitted?  thanks

9#
發表於 04-6-11 13:30 |只看該作者

Lasalleboy

My boy's dad is also a lasalle old boy so he gets 25 marks (he was also baptisted last year).  He is studying in K1 now and have to choose a school in Sep next year.  Have you ever heard that the allocation method will be changed next year? Do you think he has the great chance to get in? Please give your valuable advice.  Thanks

10#
發表於 04-6-11 14:45 |只看該作者

Lasalleboy,

I've sent you a PM, pls check.

Thx!!

11#
發表於 04-6-11 16:20 |只看該作者

Lasalleboy
Thanks fcr your info.  You mean 50% for round 1 is the discretionary place allocation, right?
He has 20 pts, first child, age + religion.
He is a Catholic and both mom & dad too but he was baptised in another country as I came from there.  I would like La Salle as I know their mission (as a catholic) and besides they have French in Secondary.  My son is already learning French in a playgroup.
So based on round 1, 25 pts boy will definitely have a seat? Then depending how many seats are left for 20 points boys... does it work this way.
Don't know when will La Salle apply for DSS school.... this may affect!

12#
發表於 04-6-11 22:32 |只看該作者

Paupaung,

>So based on round 1, 25 pts boy will definitely >have a seat? Then depending how many seats
>are left for 20 points boys...

Yes, this is the way it works.

>Don't know when will La Salle apply for DSS >school....

They won't change to DSS in the near future, but they will change to 一條龍 in September 2005, this is what I heard from the newspaper earlier.

Lasalleboy

13#
發表於 04-6-11 22:34 |只看該作者

chubima,

>Have you ever heard that the allocation method >will be changed next year?

I heard that the allocation method will be changed in 2005, but don't know how it is going to be like.

Lasalleboy

14#
發表於 04-6-12 00:01 |只看該作者

chubima,

Are you talking about the 小一派位方法? The one in 1997 and 1998 are already different.  The
Government changes this every year so who know what will it be in the coming few years.

Just 'see one step, walk one step'.  Don't give yourself and your child too much pressure.

God bless you all.

15#
發表於 04-6-12 09:52 |只看該作者

Maria_Lai

Thank you for your words of comfort. I'll try to take it easy though it is so hard to do that.....How is your case?

God bless

16#
發表於 04-6-12 11:06 |只看該作者

chubima,

i don't need to worry now 'coz my son is still young. but i'm also interested to see the trend of such allocation method. i was quite worry that if La Salle would become DSS later. however, now i know the allocation method keeps changing every year. it means nothing to be worried so much 'coz who know what will it be even La Salle is not DSS.  maybe we all have to join the lucky draw one day (i hope it won't happen lah).

i know it's hard to take it easy 'coz all parents want to prepare the best for their children. but now there're so many unpredicable changes. why not we give it to God and let him decide and plan for us.  we're sure that He'll give us the best, right??

God bless!!

17#
發表於 04-6-12 11:17 |只看該作者

Dear all

I noted the following article posted in BK few months ago, , hope it can give some hints:

小 學 小 一 入 學 委 員 會全 體 通 過 明 年 繼 續 沿 用 現 時 的 派 位 機 制。津小主席柳志強坦言非常失望,並批評現行所謂「自行收生制」是瞞騙家長,因為學校無權選擇學生,不是真正自行收生。

現 時 的 派 位 機 制是極不公平的:
宗教歧視 (與該校的辦學團體有相同的宗教信仰 =5 分)
將以權 謀私合法化 (父/母為該小學的註冊校董 =20分) (父/母為該小學主辦社團的成員5 分)

18#
發表於 04-6-12 14:02 |只看該作者

Vivimama,
You are all so lucky, does your boy also have 5 pts for dad being old boy?  My son is now in K1 and I think it might be worse next year for the seats allocation.... anyone knows what was the birth rate in 2000?
thanks

19#
發表於 04-6-12 17:41 |只看該作者

Read thro many message in this topic.  Seems boys with only 5 points of the first son have no chance to get into LaSalle.

20#
發表於 07-1-17 09:13 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽
‹ 上一主題|下一主題