密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 大埔NIS~
樓主: samanthavikki
go

大埔NIS~ [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 08-2-21 21:21 |只看該作者
1) Does NIS propose any examinations or tests or dictations throughout the year?

1) not really: there is a low key attainment assessment at the end of the year, but the grades are used to assess teachers more than students
(mind you, they'll get quizzes often; tests on math and english every week)

2) How does NIS's homework workload on students?

2) homework workload is light.
(they have the policy that there's no homework over the weekend: kids have maybe up to 50 minutes a night, at the very most)

22#
發表於 08-2-22 12:27 |只看該作者
Thank you for your reply.....

I really appreciate the policy of no homework at weekend... because we can have more family time on that time.

What's the meaning for the grade used to assess teacher more than student?

Do we(the parents and students) need to prepare any for maths and english quiz every week? Does it create keen competition between students?

Kindly to share your experiences and advise.... many thanks!

Regards,
lamlo18

原文章由 kathiema 於 08-2-21 21:21 發表
1) Does NIS propose any examinations or tests or dictations throughout the year?

1) not really: there is a low key attainment assessment at the end of the year, but the grades are used to assess teac ...

23#
發表於 08-2-23 08:59 |只看該作者
原文章由 lamlo18 於 08-2-22 12:27 發表
Thank you for your reply.....

I really appreciate the policy of no homework at weekend... because we can have more family time on that time.

What's the meaning for the grade used to assess teacher m ...

Hi lamlo, reply from NIS teacher:

1. The year-end attainment test is low-key: teachers report the results to the principal and they are partly used to decide how well the subject is being taught.

2. Not every teacher gives quizzes every week. I do it in my class (Grade 6) to motivate them to pay attention and study. There isn't keen competition between students as the scores are not made public. However they do try to beat their own scores from the previous week. They are not expected to study a long time for the quiz.

24#
發表於 08-2-27 21:04 |只看該作者
我NIS EMAIL通知我08年有新Campus~

The NIS Board has accepted the proposed plan to use the Kam Shan Campus as an additional site for our primary classes.  The Board strongly supports this important initiative to grow and improve the quality of education.  

In moving forward the Board supports the following guiding principles:

1.           To have the Kam Shan Campus ready for classes by September 2008

2.           To place the 4 primary classes (Grade 3, 4, 5, 6)  at the Kam Shan Campus

with no more than 15 students per class.  

3.           To make effective use of the classrooms at the Tai Po Bungalow with a class size of no more 12 students per class.  This plan includes the following initiatives:

a.       Providing a ”whole-day” option for K1 and K2 children.

b.      Establishing a new afternoon playgroup for 2 year olds.

The Board has approved the general increase in tuition fees for next school year by 5% to mitigate inflationary pressures.  To offset some of the costs of the continuing development of the two campuses, an annual Capital Levy has also been approved and is to be collected starting the next academic year.  Further details of this levy will be circulated soon.  We will also try to raise as much funds as possible through a Capital Campaign.  

Lastly, to help us prepare for and organize our classes, we would greatly appreciate your co-operation in confirming your child’s enrollment for next year.  We will be inviting new applications soon for any vacancies we foresee after this assessment.  We will be sending out a letter of confirmation to you soon.  

In the days ahead there is much work to do and I look forward to having you join me in this exciting project.  Stay tuned for updates and information on how you may be able to help.

25#
發表於 08-2-28 09:55 |只看該作者
thanks for reply...

i discovered NIS does not provide school bus service in website.

Do there any existing private bus service arranged from shatin to NIS school? if no, i'm so worry that the little child goes to school by public transportation.

Anyone can share your experiences....

Ah.... where's the new campus?

thanks
lamlo18

原文章由 kathiema 於 08-2-23 08:59 發表

Hi lamlo, reply from NIS teacher:

1. The year-end attainment test is low-key: teachers report the results to the principal and they are partly used to decide how well the subject is being taught.

[ 本文章最後由 lamlo18 於 08-2-28 09:57 編輯 ]

26#
發表於 08-2-28 21:42 |只看該作者
原文章由 lamlo18 於 08-2-28 09:55 發表
thanks for reply...

i discovered NIS does not provide school bus service in website.

Do there any existing private bus service arranged from shatin to NIS school? if no, i'm so worry that the little ...

The new campus is in Kam Shek San Tsuen, next to Lam Tsuen River, near to Tai Wo.

27#
發表於 08-3-3 13:39 |只看該作者
又收到nis的email啦, 最多都係$5000可以接受!~

Annual Capital Levy Fact Sheet

What is an Annual Capital Levy?

A Capital Levy is a scheme common in most schools to assess funds for capital improvements such as new facilities and equipment, as well as enhancements to the school environment.

Why do we need a Capital Levy?

While the normal student fees pay staff, student, curriculum and the daily operational expenses, capital funds are required for major maintenance and improvements, and for the replacement of equipment. Currently our funding structure does not address these issues, and we simply must not use the general fund for these purposes at the expense of our instructional programs, class sizes, and learning opportunities for our students. This capital levy is essential to helping us preserve our vision for our educational programs and the integrity of our facilities.

How much am I expected to contribute?

We have set out the structure as follows:

Class
Time
Annual Contribution

K1
Half Day

K2
Half Day

K3
Whole Day

Grade 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Whole Day

The levy is non-refundable and non-transferable.  It is to be paid upon admission with the deposit or upon confirmation of re-enrollment.  A discount has been granted to families with more than 1 child enrolled at the school.  The oldest child will pay the full amount of the levy while siblings will pay 50%.  

These contribution amounts will be fixed for 3 years before they are reviewed based on the needs of the school.

What will the Capital Levy pay for?

The Capital Levy will provide funds for needed repairs and renovations of school buildings and to upgrade equipment and systems.  These include restoring and fitting new classrooms, offices and other indoor and outdoor facilities as well as machines and computer equipment for classrooms.   Some of these capital investments will be made when funds become available over time.  The money will be invested in both campuses according to the priority of their needs.  

How will these funds be managed?

These funds will be specifically earmarked for the purposes they were intended for and will be accounted for separately.  The school in consultation with the Board will decide on how to best use it.  Capital investments made with these funds will be made transparent to the Parents Association periodically.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題