搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 請問蔡繼有的課程.......
發新帖
查看: 3052|回覆: 19
go

請問蔡繼有的課程....... [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 07-12-31 02:29 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
請問有沒有人知道,蔡繼有的課程是怎樣,沒有教科書怎樣同小朋友溫習,怎知道學習情況,唔知有沒有人bk mummy的小朋友是讀今年的p1戓就讀多年呢??我對學校全部事情都不清楚,可否告知,萬分感謝!
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 07-12-31 11:54 |只看該作者
好奇想問,你的孩子是否蔡繼有的備取生呢?

雖然蔡繼有没有範本可尋,但會有工作紙及功課,另外學校會定期給予家長該學期的教學主題,希望家長定時與孩子溫習。還有,老師及家長可透過手冊溝通或直接與老師聯系暸解學生的學習情況。

蔡繼有的語文功課是很有彈性的,不會有definite answers,主要測試孩子的認知,所以孩子平日的閱讀習慣才是增進知識的重要途徑。

3#
發表於 07-12-31 13:04 |只看該作者
原文章由 kyliema2006 於 07-12-31 11:54 發表
好奇想問,你的孩子是否蔡繼有的備取生呢?

雖然蔡繼有没有範本可尋,但會有工作紙及功課,另外學校會定期給予家長該學期的教學主題,希望家長定時與孩子溫習。還有,老師及家長可透過手冊溝通或直接與老師聯系暸解學生的學習情 ...

Thanks kyliema2006!!唔係幫我我小朋友問,而是幫我家姐問的,她才是備取生,我見她一家都很喜歡該校,但擔心好多學校學習事情,其實我好想問這間學校同啟思,維多利亞,的教學方法是否一樣行ib呢?是否跟ib的課程習作定係學校自己編排呢?如果係有什麼唔同及柤同呢??您的小朋友是否備取生呢??在此真的多謝您!!!!!!!

4#
發表於 08-1-3 13:10 |只看該作者
Kyliema2006:

我想問吓有關 cky
  • 係點樣教同 year 幾開始教 英文如 tense & voice 及數學如 加減乘除 的呢?
  • 功課方面是否日日都有?數量如何?
  • 學校有否興趣班可供小朋友參加?多在什麼時候舉辦?
  • 學校會否定時預先給家長 來週 / 來月 的教學大綱?
  • 作為家長,除了閱讀外,怎樣可以幫到小朋友去配合學校的課程?
唔好意思,我比較多問題,皆因我囡囡已被 cky 同 ghs 取錄,我知這兩間學校是非常不同。她性格動又得、靜又得,又鍾意閱讀,又鍾意發問,又可以坐定定做功課,又鍾意玩。囡囡自己本身好鍾意 cky,但我自己總覺得學校有課程給家長作指引好似穩鎮 d。

唔知點取捨,希望您能給予寶貴意見,多謝。

原文章由 kyliema2006 於 07-12-31 11:54 發表
好奇想問,你的孩子是否蔡繼有的備取生呢?

雖然蔡繼有没有範本可尋,但會有工作紙及功課,另外學校會定期給予家長該學期的教學主題,希望家長定時與孩子溫習。還有,老師及家長可透過手冊溝通或直接與老師聯系暸解學生的學習情 ...

5#
發表於 08-1-3 18:14 |只看該作者
原文章由 puncos 於 08-1-3 13:10 發表
係點樣教同 year 幾開始教 英文如 tense & voice 及數學如 加減乘除 的呢?

小一開始已經有Show & Tell,但是正式教tense應該在小三。小一教加減;小二教乘除數

功課方面是否日日都有?數量如何?
日日都有,不過數量不多,有些是讀書的功課

學校有否興趣班可供小朋友參加?多在什麼時候舉辦?

興趣班星期六舉行,自由參加,另收費
學校會否定時預先給家長 來週 / 來月 的教學大綱?

未必是每個月,要視乎該主題的進度,大概是每季送出通知
作為家長,除了閱讀外,怎樣可以幫到小朋友去配合學校的課程?

多些與孩子以英語及普通話溝通,提高他們的語文程度;鼓勵孩子發問;及多花時間與孩子去玩、到外地旅行、又或參觀博物館、太空館、科學館、動植物公司、濕地公園...增加他們的common sense
放心啦!CKY的學習壓力是屬於少哪種了,不需太擔心,多玩一點。

6#
發表於 08-1-3 21:00 |只看該作者

回覆 #4 puncos 的文章

Dear puncos,

There's no need to follow exactly the school's theme. Although school actually has guildline on different topics throughout the year, it just try to arouse students interest with different level of lang. depth. All parent can do is encourage their kids to extensively read different sort of books, from fiction to real life and discuss with them the content, then they learn. That's why you can't rely on private tutor to perform this job. If you insist on finding the marks (or how they perform) , it can just reflect from the year end report. To me, it just give some hint to what actually the kids learn since this type of learning process need long long time to proven their sucess or not.

Two different thing when compare to traditional teaching.

7#
發表於 08-1-4 00:18 |只看該作者
興趣班星期六舉行,自由參加,另收費

Kyliema2006,

What kinds of interest class?  Is the charges reasonable?

FFMaMa

8#
發表於 08-1-4 08:58 |只看該作者
Kyliema2006 & father_ho:

多謝您哋嘅回覆,有了您哋嘅資料,令到我對 cky 有更深入實際嘅了解。

另外,我又想問吓 cky yr 1 分班的情況是如何的?若然 yr 1 是被分派 A 班,how about yrs  2, 3, 4 .... ?

many thanks to both of you.

thank you.

9#
發表於 08-1-4 09:45 |只看該作者
Hi Puncos,

I am in the same situation as yours.  My girl is also accepted by CKY and GHS. According to the comments from her school teachers and her character, she can easily fit into 2 different environments.  

My concerns on CKY are:
- no track record:不是要小朋友好叻,只是想佢開心地學習,而又真的學到嘢
- 校風:小朋友的品德如何,學校是否着重德育的教育
- language ability: 中文及英文是否真的很好,聽說語文能力是全靠小朋友及家長的努力,小女的普通話老師跟我說,她有一個CKY的學生的中文真的好差,"執"到佢死死吓,英文又不是很好,沒有什麼功課,個人好懶,只是做下project或poster,好得閒。去年暑假,參加了學校的Info Seminar,見到D小朋友的語文表現,真的好到不得了,了解所有學校的學生的能力各有不同,只是想知道普遍的語文程度。
- 其它:在國際學校的小朋友,他們的常識、邏輯普遍比較好,因為學校的教學主要開發他們的思考能力,這比傳統學校優勝,CKY是否如是,因CKY像是介乎於傳統及國際學校之間,請comment.
- 本人是全職媽咪,先生又常要travel,怕沒有太多的時間陪小朋友,父母的參與在CKY是否佔的比重很大,當然了解,父母的角色很重要,但想知多啲以作決定。

Really appreciate for the existing CKY parents to give comments on my enquiries.

Many thanks,
Bemom

10#
發表於 08-1-4 09:45 |只看該作者
Hi Puncos,

I am in the same situation as yours.  My girl is also accepted by CKY and GHS. According to the comments from her school teachers and her character, she can easily fit into 2 different environments.  

My concerns on CKY are:
- no track record:不是要小朋友好叻,只是想佢開心地學習,而又真的學到嘢
- 校風:小朋友的品德如何,學校是否着重德育的教育
- language ability: 中文及英文是否真的很好,聽說語文能力是全靠小朋友及家長的努力,小女的普通話老師跟我說,她有一個CKY的學生的中文真的好差,"執"到佢死死吓,英文又不是很好,沒有什麼功課,個人好懶,只是做下project或poster,好得閒。去年暑假,參加了學校的Info Seminar,見到D小朋友的語文表現,真的好到不得了,了解所有學校的學生的能力各有不同,只是想知道普遍的語文程度。
- 其它:在國際學校的小朋友,他們的常識、邏輯普遍比較好,因為學校的教學主要開發他們的思考能力,這比傳統學校優勝,CKY是否如是,因CKY像是介乎於傳統及國際學校之間,請comment.
- 本人是全職媽咪,先生又常要travel,怕沒有太多的時間陪小朋友,父母的參與在CKY是否佔的比重很大,當然了解,父母的角色很重要,但想知多啲以作決定。

Really appreciate for the existing CKY parents to give comments on my enquiries.

Many thanks,
Bemom

11#
發表於 08-1-4 10:08 |只看該作者
Bemom:

真係好,在人海茫茫中竟然有人跟我的情況一樣。我依然在 cky 同 ghs 當中考慮緊。真係好煩,好頭痛。所有老師、家長都給我意見就是最好依據囡囡性格去取捨,但正如您情況一樣,兩者皆可。咁我到底可以點呢?

我成日咁諗, cky 雖然話時間短,但佢就係在短短的五年間打出個名來,實在話不容易。連坊間的小一面試班也有 cky 之名在內,由此可見 cky 係有一定的實力。

您還好,係一個全職媽媽,而我則是 working mum,但您concern 的跟我一樣,希望再有 other cky parents can give us advice.

Thank you.

原文章由 bemom 於 08-1-4 09:45 發表
Hi Puncos,

I am in the same situation as yours.  My girl is also accepted by CKY and GHS. According to the comments from her school teachers and her character, she can easily fit into 2 different env ...

12#
發表於 08-1-4 10:51 |只看該作者
GHS與SFA一樣,都是傳統學校的佼佼者,請問兩位當初為何會同時報讀這兩種風格、理念截然不同的學校呢?

既然孩子均適合不同類型的學校,不如問問家長適合又喜歡哪類型的學校?若家長未能配合蔡繼有的教學理念,相信妳們都會很迷惘。

坦白說,在GHS可以將責任假手於補習老師,但在蔡繼有,補習老師是父母。祇有父母才可提供「深」層次的教導,祇有父母才能「隨時隨地」教育孩子知識及品德。若自問付出的時間很少,哪麼蔡繼有未必適合妳。

若家長喜歡追逐分數、名次的。對不起,蔡繼有不適合妳。

若問孩子能力如何?我會說在蔡繼的環境是最能培育兩文三語的地方,因為他們的訓練是最全面、資源亦是最多的。坦白說,很難在坊間找到第二間學校收費相若,但可同樣提供這麼多資源的學校。若閣下知曉,有勞告知。

梗銷學生質素如何是最低層次的。若要暸觸學生普遍水平如何,不坊多些與學生接觸,如放學期間到學校走一轉,以英語及普通話與學生傾談,測試他們的反應,可能更來得實際呢!

[ 本文章最後由 kyliema2006 於 08-1-4 11:03 編輯 ]

13#
發表於 08-1-4 10:59 |只看該作者

回覆 #2 puncos 的文章

I am not parents of CKY or GHS, but just suggest that you can also consider the education system and the Universities you expect your kid to study.  CKY students will take GCSE and IBD, while local schools will take local HK secondary diploma.  CKY students likely will study in U overseas with IBD qualifications more than in local Us.

14#
發表於 08-1-4 11:07 |只看該作者
Puncos,

Actually, I am a working mum too.  My brain and my hands were not functioning together.  

I understand CKY is doing really good job in the past 5 years.  However, I wonder if CKY will go to the same fate as as 港大同學會小學("港小"). 港小was doing good in the past years until the principal left the school.  That's the disadvantage of the no track record school.  只要校長一走,教學理念就會變.

May be we can talk privately.

Bemom

15#
發表於 08-1-4 12:10 |只看該作者
WYmom provided a useful tip for those indecisive parents looking for a suitable school for their kids.  Those always eyeing on local universities would feel more comfortable with traditional schools as they stand a higher chance - and greater assurance given the existing ed system - of getting admitted.  CKY is likely for those who adopt an 'open' approach.

Kyliema also provided a very practical suggestion for parents to ascertain first-hand the students' language competency.

True that CKY provides no so-called 'track record'. Those rating it as a pre-requisite should NOT consider CKY as you would have a hard time justifying your decison later on, esp those who have forfeited a seemingly better, smarter opportunity and a lot of 'what if's are likely to haunt you/your kid for many a years.  Mind you that it's a long-term game.

Allow me - on behalf of parents in waiting - to thank those who kindly release their Y1 places sooner rather than later.

After all, it's not just a matching game for kid and school.  CKY definitely requires a lot of trust, support and assistance from parents for the school to work wonders.

16#
發表於 08-1-4 23:07 |只看該作者
原文章由 kyliema2006 於 08-1-4 10:51 發表
GHS與SFA一樣,都是傳統學校的佼佼者,請問兩位當初為何會同時報讀這兩種風格、理念截然不同的學校呢?

既然孩子均適合不同類型的學校,不如問問家長適合又喜歡哪類型的學校?若家長未能配合蔡繼有的教學理念,相信妳們都會很迷 ...

Thanks Kyliema2006 for your sharing, agree

17#
發表於 08-1-20 02:11 |只看該作者
P.2 need to write English poem, and long holiday need to do 2 x projects.

18#
發表於 08-1-23 10:27 |只看該作者
Hi, Kyliema2006, bowling68 , papa_pop and other parents,

My kid is in K2 and may I know more about CKY:-

1. Understand the school has no exam and the teaching of languages are by readers/novels without formal text books.  
to me there seems to be a gap with what they are learning in kindergarten (learning alphabets/simple sentences writing), to reading=> spelling=> writing=> doing projects.  I appreciate very much the "open" method adopted by the school.  But, may i know how this is handled or if kid is to enter CKY, do they have to know this beforehand or this is by the parents to brush their kids on this skills? Will students of CKY weak in the "traditional part" such as spelling/mathematics etc?  May I know more?

How is the discipline of the student, are the teachers strict to the students?

Thanks in advance

19#
發表於 08-1-23 16:24 |只看該作者
Dear poohpiglet,

可能學校在篩選學生時,已經挑選語文能力(中文或英文)較強的學生。所以,以本人的觀察,大多數小一的小朋友已經可以作簡單的寫作,文章內可能會有typo,以小一學生的能力而言,應該也是不俗。

作為父母的我,是會不時密切監察孩子的學習進度及情況。小兒現時小二,我們為加強他的閱讀及分析能力,我們都要求孩子在閱讀完英文故事書後,書寫一份一至兩版的英文閱讀報告,他亦可於半小時內完成。可能他自小已學習phonics,所以串字的能力算是不賴。

至於數學的水平,應該與一般小學的進度差不多吧。在聖誕假期裡,為方便與他溫習數學,故在坊間買了一本小二上學期的數學練習簿,他都可以應付得來。

至於操行品德問題,可算是比較活躍,大多數同學都頗為崇真,sometimes naive。外籍老師一般都比本地老師濶鬆,所以,才養成學生紮紮跳。

[ 本文章最後由 kyliema2006 於 08-1-23 16:29 編輯 ]

20#
發表於 08-1-23 18:37 |只看該作者
Hi poohpiglet,

I think CKY tries to create a facilitating environment for self-learning.  As the principal says, a child is always eager to learn.

Language learning by readers is not really something new - there are other schools or even kindergartens already adopting it.  Spelling skills are gradually emphasised from Y2 onwards.  To be honest, most of them are not really spelling bees, but they dare to write as much as they want.  The school doesn't require flawless writing and doesn't really drill on grammar - not at junior grades.  In fact, I don't see CKY is as much different from other schools in terms of writing assignments or requirements.  Put your faith in your kid and encourage them to better themselves.  They can if you think they can.

They do have assessments.  Although they don't rank the students in order, they commend those who perform well or have worked hard and shown considerable improvement.

As for maths, it depends on the parent's expectation.  The CKY students are simply taking the 'same' level - unlike some elite schools that boast 'advanced' level.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題