搜索
教育王國 討論區 學之園幼稚園(昇御海逸) 07-08學之園(海逸校)K2
樓主: LydiaWong
go

07-08學之園(海逸校)K2 [複製鏈接]

81#
發表於 07-8-24 21:11 |只看該作者
Dear moms,
Actually Preston finishes his homework fast when he is in the mood. But I have to give some credit to my maid coz she has a lot of patience teaching him (same as my previous maid). That really help me out a lot.

Hei Ching mom,
You can call Miss Lai or Mr Shawn to ask about the performance of Hei Ching. I guess they call me twice already coz Preston just change to full-day class and they would let me know his adaptation at school. Like Miss Cheng they are really nice and would tell you a lot about their daily performace.

Will you go to the meeting on Friday? Please remind me later next week. I always forgot this kind of function.:loveliness:
http://www.studio123.hk/onlinealbum/2008-02-03/preston.html

82#
發表於 07-8-24 21:44 |只看該作者
Lydia

It's so lucky to have a good helper that yours.  I will also go next Fri.  Will remind u later.

83#
發表於 07-8-25 22:34 |只看該作者
Hi Lydia,

You're so lucky that your maid can give you a hand for Preston's homework. For the parent's meeting, I really hope that I can join and know more about the K2 requirement from the school. However, it all depends on my current project schedule. For the worst, I can ask my husband to join or.....may you all drop a note for the presentation outline to me....

Many Thanks,
晞晴媽咪

84#
發表於 07-8-27 12:06 |只看該作者
Dear moms

More work for us.  We have to help sharing news every week.  Nonetheless, I think it's a very good idea.

Have you sent your kid to development test & eye test required by Health Clinic of the Gov't ?  For eye test, we can only do this in Hung Hom every Wed.  Schedule is not flexible at all.

85#
發表於 07-8-27 18:57 |只看該作者
Hei Ching mom,
You really are a busy working mom. No problem, I can take some notes for you if you can't make it. I'm lucky that I can leave at 5:00pm every day. Sometimes if I come home late, Preston would complain why I was late and where had I gone (like he's the housekeeper!)

ljsze,
I wonder if there is any news that is suitable for them and they will understand. Anyway, I agree is a good idea. (hope I remember every week).
Do you mean the 4-yr old assessment at the MCHC? When Preston did it, there was no eye test, maybe Preston is already wearing glasses, so there is no need?! The assessment was so simple that any 3 yr old can do it. Just count and stack up 4 blocks and recognise a few colors and objects and ask you a few questions. But I apply the 3P program after that.

86#
發表於 07-8-27 22:54 |只看該作者
Hi Lydia,

I am happy to knowing all of you in BK that can share some news for the kids' study here. Recently, I am busy with budget preparation and can only back home late. When I was working in Chinese University a few years ago, I can leave at 5:00 p.m. every day (just like you...he he...). However, after I decided to change my job to work in a business firm, my nightmare began and now...you know my hard life...ha ha...

BTW, Thanks again and hope I can join the parents meeting this Friday.

晞晴媽咪

[ 本文章最後由 晞晴媽咪 於 07-8-27 22:55 編輯 ]

87#
發表於 07-8-28 11:38 |只看該作者
Hei Ching mommi

Are you in finance position ?  If so, people are usually busy.

Lydia

Have you fixed all the ECA for Preston ?  Does he get very tired by the time you return home since he takes full-day class ?

88#
發表於 07-8-28 13:09 |只看該作者
ljsze,
He's OK after full-day class, sleep at the same time as b4. Miss Jill (responsible for kids' sleep) said he was able to sleep for a short time ~1/2 hr. So I guess he's not too tired. But so far not much ECA at weekdays. Still not arrange his new schedule yet.

89#
發表於 07-8-28 14:20 |只看該作者
Lydia

Half an hour cannot be qualified as nap.  So, I guess he has to go to bed at about 9am.  When does he wake up in the morning ?

90#
發表於 07-8-28 19:19 |只看該作者
ljsze,
I also wonder if he can really sleep for 1/2 hour only. His usual naptime was ~3o'clock and slept for about 2 hours. Now at school the naptime is after lunch ~1 o'clock. But Miss Jill had an individual naptime datasheet for every kid and said he could sleep at around 1:30, then woke up at 2o'clock. Anyway, even he doesn't take a nap, it's OK, coz he hates taking nap. He usually goes to bed at ~9pm and read books. So by the time he actaully falls asleep is ~9:30-10:00pm.

91#
發表於 07-8-28 22:04 |只看該作者
Hi ljsze,

I am not in finance/accounting field. I am a IT person. Recently, I need to help my boss to plan the projects / budget for next year. That's why ... very busy.

Hi all,

Do you know any good optical shop for arranging glasses for small kids, 4 - 5 years old ? Don't worry. It is not for Hei Ching. My colleague asked me this morning and I just want to source some information for her.

Many Thanks.
晞晴媽咪

92#
發表於 07-8-29 10:35 |只看該作者
Hei Ching's mommi

As long as we have to work for a better living, we have no choice.  So, do you feel regret that you had left the Gov't ?

93#
發表於 07-8-29 13:12 |只看該作者
Hei Ching mom,
Sure I know a good optical shop coz you know Preston wears glasses. It's in Wai Chai. There are lots of glasses for kids. If you need it, let me know.

94#
發表於 07-8-29 14:41 |只看該作者
Does anyone know any shop that sells good educational toys ?  Now that our kids are growing up & I intend to acquire some educational toys.

95#
發表於 07-8-29 16:03 |只看該作者
Hi Lydia,

Please kindly send me a PM for the optical shop in WanChai.

Hi ljsze,

You can consider to buy the educational toys from WiseKid or a good book shop (opposite to Kingcow) in 2/F., Lee Garden II. They have a lot of good books (especially pop-up style) that Hei Ching also loves them very much.

晞晴媽咪

96#
發表於 07-8-29 21:20 |只看該作者
Hei Ching mom,
Pls check pm.

ljsze,
I don't buy a lot of toys now coz sometimes if I buy him toys, he may not like to play. His favorite toys are still buses and cars and carparks. Sometimes we'll play board games or uno. However, he wants to win all the time and doens't like to follow the rules. Psychologist said it's normal and can't help this situation at home coz we are adults and we're playing under an unfair condition. So we usually let him win. Now I don't bother searching toys for him anymore.

97#
發表於 07-8-29 22:02 |只看該作者
Hi Lydia,

I got your PM. Thanks very much. BTW, Hei Ching also likes to play UNO with her sister but they both want to win all the time. So....we just let them take turn to be the winner...ha ha...

Hi ljsze,

Back to your last question. When I decided to work in a business firm 7 years ago, I did not feel regret to leave CU. Be honest, working in an university/government is quite boring. Moreover, it is difficult to fight for a permanent term and I hate working as a contract staff. Now, my current job can offer me good remuneration package but long working hours...

晞晴媽咪

98#
發表於 07-8-30 11:02 |只看該作者
Hei Ching's mommi

Thanks for your info of toy shop & book store.

The contract & permanent terms of civil servant are so different.  I can understand your feeling.  Some mothers are more career-minded.  Are you the one ?  Do you plan to stay in the same company for a long period of time ?

Dear All

I don't buy many toys but as our kids grow up, I'm thinking of different kinds of toys / games in which through play they can really learn something.  I just bought scrabble & it's quite good.

99#
發表於 07-8-30 12:39 |只看該作者
Hei Ching mom,
You're welcome. I work in a hospital and luckily I am permanant staff. But sometimes it's too stable I want to try other outlet too. Anyway, it's good if you have a rewardable pay and you like the job.

ljsze,
I plan to buy scrabble too, which one did you buy?The junior one or the ordinary one?

100#
發表於 07-8-30 14:56 |只看該作者
Lydia

If you think Preston is good enough to play Junior Scrabble, you may buy one.  Mine is my first Scrabble.

There's always trade-off if you opt for job outside the Gov't.  Better pay but for sure longer working hour.  You have to be punctual at work but never think you can leave at normal office hour.

[ 本文章最後由 ljsze 於 07-8-30 14:58 編輯 ]
‹ 上一主題|下一主題