密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 學之園幼稚園(昇御海逸) 07-08學之園(海逸校)K2
樓主: LydiaWong
go

07-08學之園(海逸校)K2 [複製鏈接]

41#
發表於 07-8-17 13:00 |只看該作者
Welcome Hei Ching mom, come and chat more with us. Hei Ching is so cute.

bblaw,
Good to hear that Ka ka is finally back to school. Preston is still adapting to full-day class, he cannot sleep in the naptime. Need to give him more time.

ljsze,
Take more rest and hope you recover soon.
I plan to let Preston take Englisha nd Mandarin course if possible. No idea where to take the courses, need to make arrangement for his schedule.

Doris,
Have you talk to your maid about your expectations? Do you know the baby is a boy or girl? What's Brian's preference?
http://www.studio123.hk/onlinealbum/2008-02-03/preston.html

42#
發表於 07-8-17 14:15 |只看該作者
Lydia

I tried to browse the time-table of Star Learning Centre but seems that the schedule does not fit.  Yet, I believe there are many alternatives in Whampoa / Hung Hom area.  Keep checking.

43#
發表於 07-8-18 00:35 |只看該作者
I also seek for phonics and Mardarin  courses for KA Ka in  star learning centre. But the schedule do not match her .

[ 本文章最後由 bblaw 於 07-8-18 00:36 編輯 ]

44#
發表於 07-8-18 13:30 |只看該作者
Hi ljsze,

Glad to know that Davin can recover and back to school. Hope Davin and Hei Ching can still be a pair of good and sweet friends :loveliness: in this school year...

Last...Get well soon....

Hi bblaw,

Did you really see me before in primary forum ? Did we talk and share ?

As a working mom, I want to plan the activities for my daughters wisely as spare time is valuable and limited. he he...Be honest, up to this moment, I still have not planned any ECA for Hei Ching. Sometimes, she feels boring at home especially I take my elder daugther out for activities. Most probably I will enrol a ballet course for her and kick-off piano learning from Jan 2008. I hope she can join the School Speech / Music Festival in K3 and the profile for applying primary schools should be pretty enough. Which primary schools will you apply for your kid ?

晞晴媽咪

[ 本文章最後由 晞晴媽咪 於 07-8-18 13:36 編輯 ]

45#
發表於 07-8-18 17:01 |只看該作者
Hei Ching mommi

Try to find if there is any school that your kid can go at the same time so it saves your time while both of them can learn something.

Btw, where do you live ? Tokwawan ?

I haven't planned which schools to apply for.  I used to live in HK side & I don't have much idea as to which schools in Kln are good.

46#
發表於 07-8-18 17:39 |只看該作者
Hi ljsze,

Actually, I plan to help Hei Ching to enrol for a ballet class which is same as her elder sister. However, the class for 4 yrs old and grade 3 (my elder sister) are not matched according to the timetable. That's why I still have not paid the school fee.

Yes, we live in Tokwawan. Just behind Bailey Garden. Why do you help your son to apply for a kindergarten in Kowloon side but you live in Hong Kong Island ? Will you still try to look for a primary school in Kowloon ? For my case, I really hope that Hei Ching can get a place in her elder sister's. My elder one is now studying in Alliance Primary School, Kowloon Tong. That's why I want to start the piano class for her ASAP.

晞晴媽咪

47#
發表於 07-8-18 21:27 |只看該作者
Hei Ching mom,
What's Alliance Primary school in Chinese? Is it a co-ed school and do they use traditional teaching method?
It's difficult to say which primary school to apply coz I don't know which type is suitable for Preston. I don't want to choose the wrong type and he's not happy studying. Of course my dream school will be DBS but not much expectatation due to the competition. Preston is so shy that I don't think he's ready for the school/music festival.

bblaw,
Does Ka ka like full-day school? Preston was excited the 1st day and then the 2nd day Miss lai told me he was upset when he saw some classmates leaving at 12:00. I guess he needs some time to get used to the new routine. Does Ka ka sleep in the naptime? Any change after going to full-day?

48#
發表於 07-8-19 01:03 |只看該作者
Hi LydiaWong,

My elder daughter's primary school is: 九龍塘宣道小學. It is a private and  band 1 primary school in Kowloon Tong. Although it is not a "one-dragon", it can obtain good secondary school allocation result every year. Over 85% of P6 students are band one and the remaining are band 2. I like it because my elder one loves music.

Of course, DBS is a good primary school for boys but the competition is also keen. If you really like it, you can let Preston to try. Do you think your son can get a good primary school in round 1 (by marking scheme) ? If not, then it's almost time to think and plan. I got some interesting stuff from my friends regarding DBS interview to share with you....

Round 1: the boys sit in the interview / test by themselves....
Round 2: (less than 20% lucky kids) Parents and kids have an interview with the principal.
Round 3: (final round)....talent show....piano, violin, cello, swimming....etc...some of them (from rich families) even have an accompanist when giving the musical performance to the DBS teachers...

ha ha...maybe a bit overstate...but this happens every year in private schools interview. Even though it is my second time to face it, I feel very worry because Hei Ching is a shy girl and not so talkative as her sister.

晞晴媽咪

49#
發表於 07-8-19 16:51 |只看該作者
Dear all,

Brian enjoyed Hei Hei's birthday party very much today.  Hei Hei's Mom has chosen a wonderful place for kids (as parents as well).  Brian skipped the afternoon nap since the new school year started but I let him take a nap this afternoon as he was so tired after playing for two hours.

Lydia,

Brian is going to have a sister and the EDD is early November.  He is so excited and he keeps on asking me why his sister is still 'hiding' is my belly.  Ha!

ljsze,

You looked tired today.  Get well soon!

Hei Ching's Mom,

It's wonderful if Hei Ching can go to the same school with her sister.  It saves much time in taking care of them during school days as they can take the same school bus.

50#
發表於 07-8-19 16:54 |只看該作者
Hei Ching mom,
Thanks for your sharing. I know there is only little chance to get in and Preston is a shy boy too. My friend's boy just got in this year, I'm not sure if he's smart, but he's not shy and quite mature and good at swimming. He attended 2 kindergartens( one in am and one in afternoon) and he has a lot of ECA. Will Hei Ching has an advantage to get into Alliance since her elder sis is studying there?

Doris,
Preston was a bit shy at the beginning. Brian is very outgoing now compared when he was in PN. What a good change. The party was great and Preston is also sleeping now. Need to wake him up otherwise he doesn't want to sleep tonight.

[ 本文章最後由 LydiaWong 於 07-8-19 16:56 編輯 ]

51#
發表於 07-8-20 08:54 |只看該作者
Lydia,

It turned out that Brian napped for an hour yesterday afternoon but he couldn't sleep well at night.  It took me over an hour to bring him to bed and he woke up twice in mid-night.  

BTW, why did your friend let his son study in two kindergartens?  Just want the kid to learn more?  That's too much for a kinder kid!

52#
發表於 07-8-20 10:14 |只看該作者
Wow, I missed a lot of your conversation.

Thanks to Doris for your care.
I suffer from inflammation of eyes.
These two days I slept more but the illness make me look & feel a bit tired.

Hei Ching mommi, I used to live in HK side before marriage.
Though I’ve been living in Kln side for some years, I don’t have much idea as to which schools in Kln are good.
For certain, I know
Alliance
Primary School is a good one.
According to you, does the school emphasizes on music development ?
FYI, I live in
Kln
City.

DBS is definitely good but is too competitive.
Taking kids to two kinders & a lot of ECA is too much & I agree with
Doris.
Doris, since you’re a teacher, maybe you have advantage in enrolling Brian in a good school.

For me, La Salle is on my top priority.
I do think it will give much pressure to me but I only know
La Salle is a good school in Kln side.
I may also consider schools in HK side (my mom’s living in Western District).

53#
發表於 07-8-20 12:52 |只看該作者
Lydia,

Brian did show improvement as he's getting bigger.  However, his social skills are still weak.  He had as assessment in CAC again last week.  It was found that his concentration is still weak and he couldn't express himself well.  

ljsze,

Brian only has advantage in going to the primary session of my school but not the others.  Personally, I prefer a co-ed school but my school is a boys' school.

54#
發表於 07-8-20 13:15 |只看該作者
ljsze,
It's good you live in 41district and have a higher chance to get in. I'm just thinking what kind of school is suitable for Preston, a traditional one or more active approach. I'm afaid a traditional one has too much pressure and also suppress one's creativity. It's a headache to think about this topic.

Doris,
Any follow-up for Brian to improve his attention span and social skills? Preston is not good at social skills and I plan to let him take the EQ course again in Sept.

55#
發表於 07-8-20 13:44 |只看該作者
Doris

You mentioned that Brian took assessment.  Regarding the issue of concentration & self-expression, do you notice that he has got a problem (if you do not take a test) ?  Or, is it just minor ?  Btw, which school do you teach ?

Lydia

I do agree that traditional school suppresses one's creativity.  School selection is really a headache to all the parents.

56#
發表於 07-8-20 18:57 |只看該作者
Lydia,

Brian was referred to Heep Hong (Pak Tin Centre) again for group training.  I just wonder whether his concentration span can be improved in group training.  What's more, Pak Tin is too far away.  Anyway, I will let Brian join the training for several weeks to see if it helps.

ljsze,

Brian's short concentration span is quite significant, esp at home.  Miss Cheng told me that Brian would lose concentration in class as well but the situation was improved in the second term.  For self-expression, I think it's a matter of time.

For the school in which I teach, pls check PM.

57#
發表於 07-8-20 19:17 |只看該作者
Doris,
I think a group situation can improve social skills more than concentration. But on the other hand, a group is closer to real situation in which you need to pay attention in class to what the teacher said intead of one-to-one basis.The EQ course Preston took also trained that too. Preston was only fair in this aspect. What Dr. Chow did was she read a story with different objects in it. The kids had a picture of all the objects and they had to listen carefully to what objects appeared in the story and the amount. Then they needed to color the objects very fast while still paying attention to the story. Preston got little marks in the beginning coz he colored too slow but later on he knew the rules and did better. It's not easy for kids but Dr. Chow said they should be able to get most of them.

ljsze,Doris,
Have you heard of Po Leung Kuk Choi Kai Yau? I heard it's a very good school and not traditional. It's not easy to get in either and they teach in Mandarin. Cressida's mom told me that Cressida went for a Mandarin prestation competition yesterday b4 coming for the birthday party. She's a brilliant girl.

58#
發表於 07-8-20 23:28 |只看該作者
Hi LydiaWong,

I don't think Hei Ching have much advantage when applying APS. She still needs to attend the interview and no extra mark will be added even her elder sister is an APS student. Anyway, will try best .....

Hi ljsze,
Being a APS parent, I will tell you that it will be pity if your kid does not learn musical instrument. They look for the best musical tutors in town to lead the orchestra and teach the students. If you will consider APS for your kids, please make sure at least they don't hate music. he he...

That's good if your target school is La Salle and you are now living in district 41. You can try to apply this school in 2 rounds. However, you should aware the heavy workload for being a LS boys. My best friend's son will be a P4 boy in LS from next month. Since she is a working mom, she has arranged her son to a tutorial centre every day (after school) when he was P2. Although it costs her more than $3000 every month, she can keep good relationship with her son after work. As I don't know if you are a full-time mother or not, but please aware that taking care the homework/exam for a primary school student is not a easy job. (especially for those studying in famous schools unless you don't care about their ranking.)

晞晴媽咪

[ 本文章最後由 晞晴媽咪 於 07-8-20 23:49 編輯 ]

59#
發表於 07-8-21 10:58 |只看該作者
Doris, Lydia

You've really done a lot to help your kid improve in different aspects.

Lydia

I know Choi Kai Yau is quite popular because of its teaching method & having 2 teachers in each class.  If you read the yr book of LH, there are quite many graduates going to this school.  If you aim at your kid studying abroad, this is a good choice I think.

Hei Ching mommi

I know the case of top school like La Salle & DBS.  I talk to some parents of these schools but seems that the kids can manage.  It's more of a problem of parent.  Got to start checking for more alternatives within & across district.

60#
發表於 07-8-21 12:52 |只看該作者
Hei Ching mom,
Preston is learning piano for a year now. He doesn't really enjoy it but he won't hate it. I guess his talent is not in music. But thanks for your advice and I'll consider what school is sutiable for him.

ljsze,
I don't think I've done a lot for Preston, just he needs more attention in some aspects. I just do the best I can. I think a lot moms do a better job than I do.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題