搜索
教育王國 討論區 學之園幼稚園(昇御海逸) 07-08學之園(海逸校)K2
樓主: LydiaWong
go

07-08學之園(海逸校)K2 [複製鏈接]

181#
發表於 07-10-17 11:04 |只看該作者
bblaw

what kind of math course that you mentioned about ?

Lydia, Doris

normally it's a bit difficult to find pics of visual art in newspaper.  i love art & i did collect some leaflets & i have a few books of visual art myself.  that's why it's not difficult to get pics.

Lydia

i haven't heard that classes in dss are taught in mandarin.  at least my friend has not mentioned about this.  of course, if you opt to apply for school that uses mandarin & english only, you have to give more training to the kid.

182#
發表於 07-10-17 12:47 |只看該作者
bblaw,
Pls check pm. I stopped drawing class for Preston as well. Sometimes you need to make choices.

ljsze,
I just heard from some other moms about teaching mandarin in primary school. That's why some moms would choose Mandarin/English class and Cressida's mom make her learn mandarin 3 times/ week. Cressida is very good at mandarin and even went for mandarin speech competition. I just think if they're interested, they can learn better.
http://www.studio123.hk/onlinealbum/2008-02-03/preston.html

183#
發表於 07-10-17 16:43 |只看該作者
Lydia

Would it be that the target primary schools put a lot of focus in Mandarin ?  I know that Mandarin is a compulsory subject but I'm not sure if there are many schools emphasizing in Mandarin.

Doris

May be you know more about this ?  Can you share ?

184#
發表於 07-10-18 10:17 |只看該作者
ljsze, Lydia,

Kids can learn a language more efficiently if they start at a smaller age.  

However, learning Mandarin is different from learning a subject using Mandarin.  The son of a colleague of mine is now in P2 of a primary school which adopts Mandarin as the medium of instruction for Chinese lessons.  The boy didn't learn much Mandarin in kindergarten but he did well in this subject in P1.

Dear all,

Any plan for tomorrow?  I am thinking of going to the Inpiration Lake with Brian in the morning, having lunch in the Disneyland Hotel and then play a few rides in Disneyland in the afternoon.  Brian likes Disneyland very much.  My husband and I plan to bring him to Disneyland again before my daughter is discharged from hospital.

185#
發表於 07-10-18 12:30 |只看該作者
Doris,
Thanks for your sharing. Preston doesn't like Disneyland very much. He likes the characters only and not the rides much. I have no idea where to go tomorrow and my hubby is not in HK. I have to take care of Preston by myself. Any suggestion?

186#
發表於 07-10-18 15:06 |只看該作者
Doris

Thanks for your info.

Lydia

It's good to have outdoor activity in this season.  How about going to Sai Kung or Discovery Bay ?

187#
發表於 07-10-20 17:33 |只看該作者
Hi all,

Can anyone tell me if the kids need to bring two (500ml) empty bottles and complete an art-work with re-cycle material by next Monday (22 Oct) ? I remember I have read this before but I cannot find it in Hei Ching's school bag / folder.

Will you take the kids to join Surina's birthday party on Sunday ?

Last, just for sharing, my elder daughter's primary school is using Mandarin in Chinese subject. I am glad she can manage it quite well and that's why I want to put Hei Ching to this school also.

晞晴媽咪

188#
發表於 07-10-22 10:27 |只看該作者
Hei Ching's mom

I noticed that there was a very big bag full of bottles this morning.  Even if your girl did not bring any, I think it's fine.  And, not all kids handed in their artwork today (deadline).  So, if Hei Ching does not bring today, she can also take it back to school tmr.

Is Mandarin used only in Chinese subject or other subjects that are not taught in English ?  During interview of your elder daughter by the school, did the school test her Mandarin level ?

189#
發表於 07-10-22 18:50 |只看該作者
hi,moms,
It's open day this Sat., too bad I have to work and maybe unable to take Preston by myself. Preston told me that they don't have to perform this time, is that true? Anyway, it must be fun for the kids.

190#
發表於 07-10-23 10:18 |只看該作者
Lydia

I only knew about Open Day this week when Mr. Shawn told me this morning.  When did you receive the memo ?

191#
發表於 07-10-23 15:07 |只看該作者
Lydia, ljsze,

There was a flyer in Brian's school bag which introduces the Open Day.

I guess kids don't need to perform this time.  Otherwise, we should have informed us and we should have replied whether our kids can join.

192#
發表於 07-10-23 17:02 |只看該作者
Doris

If you take a look at the artwork the kids submitted, parents do come up with different ideas & all of them are quite creative.  Is Brian still taking art lesson ?

I do think art is a good way to cultivate kids.  So, I think I will let Davin continue art lesson.

193#
發表於 07-10-24 03:22 |只看該作者
All mons,
Children will not have any performance on open day.The performance will hold on X'mas

194#
發表於 07-10-24 12:54 |只看該作者
ljsze,

Yes, Brian is still taking art lessons in LH.  Brian improved in his drawing and he will continue with his art lessons.

195#
發表於 07-10-24 17:05 |只看該作者
Dear moms,
Preston just stopped art class in Oct coz there are too many courses I want him to take and sometimes choices need to be made. Preston doesn't seem to like art very much (although he got a price earlier) and I want him to have some rest days. He's a bit tired this week after stopping naptime at school.

196#
發表於 07-10-25 15:34 |只看該作者
Lydia,

Why does Preston stop his naptime at school?  Is there any activity for the kids if they don't take nap?

Brian doesn't take nap anymore in the afternoon since August.  In this way, he can go to bed earlier (9-10pm) and I need less time to get him to bed.  However, he used to feel sleepy around 7pm.  He used to lose his appetite if my family have dinner late.

197#
發表於 07-10-25 16:40 |只看該作者
Lydia, Doris

Davin also doesn't take afternoon nap from time to time.  Of course, it's easy to get him into sleep at night.  Yet, I'll be in a big hurry after I'm back home.  Basically, I've only got about 1 hour before going to bed.  No more play time.

198#
發表於 07-10-25 18:56 |只看該作者
ljsze,Doris,
Preston doesn't like to nap for a few months at home. Since starting full-day, he still tried to nap but Miss Jill told me that he couldn't. (The naptime is too early for him 1:00pm after lunch which he used to sleep at 3pm at home). Since he can't sleep, he can do other activites with kids that do not sleep (Chun Hei has the same problem b4). They do some group games, chess, Japanese (he knows how to count 1-10 in Japanese), drawing, reading, etc... So the kids like the activities a lot more than nap.

199#
發表於 07-10-26 00:08 |只看該作者
Lydia,

It's good that the school provides extra activities for kids that do not take nap.  1.00pm is too early for most of them (only 5 to 6 hours after that get up in the morning)

Dear all,

Does your kid like role play game?  Brian likes to play 'going to school' this week.  I am the teacher and my hubby is the Principal.  My bedroom becomes Room 2.    He has to play this game before going to bed.

200#
發表於 07-10-26 13:20 |只看該作者
Doris,
Preston loves to role play. He's always the 'teacher' and 'doctor Leung' and daddy is the student and patient and I'm usually the student and the nurse. Recently he likes to role play full-day school in which he said is different from half-day.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題