搜索
教育王國 討論區 小學雜談 Hennessy PM vs St. Clare's
樓主: BoBoCute
go

Hennessy PM vs St. Clare's [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 07-6-5 01:59 |只看該作者

Re: HK True Light vs St. Clare's

I don't have specific comments on this pair.

On the contrary, I reckon you will reserve your every right to apply for P2-P6 admission at your dream schools.  Some schools may have their favorites.  You may well consider this point in your choice.

22#
發表於 07-6-5 09:24 |只看該作者

St. Clare's 應該smart d, 英文好d!

23#
發表於 07-6-5 10:54 |只看該作者

St. Clare's if compared with True Light.

(If compared with St. Paul, may be St. Paul.)

該用戶已被刪除

24#
發表於 07-6-5 18:41 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

25#
發表於 07-6-5 20:21 |只看該作者

anyone knows whether St. Clare's is still an english primary school?  I saw from web that it is chinese primary school, but the school pamphlet given to me last year stated that it's english primary.

Is Math class conducted in English or Chinese?

26#
發表於 07-6-5 21:17 |只看該作者

一及二年級數學係英文教.你可去學校網睇睇小一的時間表.數數有幾多英文堂.
很多事情,錯過了就沒有了;錯過了就是會變的,緣份也是。人與人之所以能夠成為朋友,成為知己,在於彼此交往的機會多,及彼此的交流坦誠.願主祝福你們!TRACY

27#
發表於 07-6-5 22:12 |只看該作者

瑄婷 寫道:
一及二年級數學係英文教.你可去學校網睇睇小一的時間表.數數有幾多英文堂.

Thanks 瑄婷.  But is that from P.3 onwards, Math will be conducted in Chinese.
Any native English speakers teaching English?  How many classes per week?

28#
發表於 07-6-6 07:09 |只看該作者

Math conducted in Eng should apply for the new P1 P2 (full day)only. P3-P6 still in half day  In coming year, it should apply to P1 - P3.

29#
發表於 07-6-6 16:15 |只看該作者

我都係選擇緊St.Clare's同北角循道上午。
St.Clare's英文會好d,循道唔駛錢同上午班,可以輕鬆d,But長遠睇應該會讀St.Clare's,希望無決定錯 :-|

30#
發表於 07-6-6 17:41 |只看該作者

CAN ANY MAMA HELP ME
(Hennessy PM vs Raimondi College Primary)

31#
發表於 07-6-6 18:17 |只看該作者

pampam 寫道:
我都係選擇緊St.Clare's同北角循道上午。

pampam,
If you are in North Point net, do you find st. Clare's too far away?

On the surface it seems that St. Clare's is a rational choice.... but I am still considering Hennessy PM very seriously due to its proximity to my home and my preference for half day school (I don't want my girl to start eating lunch boxes at the age of 6).

Picking St. Clare's instead of Hennessy, my girl would have to spend more time on transportation, about an extra hour per day.  From where I live, she may need to get on school bus 6:50am even if it's lucky enough to find direct school bus service.  Such a long journey to school makes it impossible to take extra curricular activities on school days, forcing me to group all her interest classes on Sat and Sun.
However, if I pick Hennessy Pm for her, she can continue with her interest classes in the morning as usual.  Spreading the classes evenly throughout the week makes more sense than grouping on weekend.  She would be tired to death taking ballet and swimming on the same day.
It is clear that St. Clare's must have a better english and French environment than Hennessy, and the students should be more elegant comparing to Hennessy where majority of students are boys...
Regarding the english standard concern, I can deal with it quite easily by hiring private english tutor with the $3,000 savings on tuition fee or by teaching her by myself.  However the behavioral concern put me into such a dilemma.

32#
發表於 07-6-6 20:35 |只看該作者

[/quote]

pampam,

On the surface it seems that St. Clare's is a rational choice.... but I am still considering Hennessy PM very seriously due to its proximity to my home and my preference for half day school (I don't want my girl to start eating lunch boxes at the age of 6).

Picking St. Clare's instead of Hennessy, my girl would have to spend more time on transportation, about an extra hour per day.  From where I live, she may need to get on school bus 6:50am even if it's lucky enough to find direct school bus service.  Such a long journey to school makes it impossible to take extra curricular activities on school days, forcing me to group all her interest classes on Sat and Sun.
However, if I pick Hennessy Pm for her, she can continue with her interest classes in the morning as usual.  Spreading the classes evenly throughout the week makes more sense than grouping on weekend.  She would be tired to death taking ballet and swimming on the same day.
It is clear that St. Clare's must have a better english and French environment than Hennessy, and the students should be more elegant comparing to Hennessy where majority of students are boys...
Regarding the english standard concern, I can deal with it quite easily by hiring private english tutor with the $3,000 savings on tuition fee or by teaching her by myself.  However the behavioral concern put me into such a dilemma.[/quote]

我依家住太古,我都問過校車係要0650上車,如果真係讀St. Clare's都會搬近D(本來都要搬不如搬近D),交通時間的確係問題,其實我都鍾意返半日,有多D時間休息同上其他興趣班,但其實佢依家D興趣班都係星期六,如果將學費用作私人補習係好,但此終唔及學校的學習環境.

33#
發表於 07-6-7 11:43 |只看該作者

或者我可以講講我自己的經驗,聖嘉勒全日制與別不同的地方,聽完後你地或有不同想法.
我細女除了芭蕾舞外,並無在學校外報讀其他課程,點解呢?
因為學校已安排了星期三及星期五的最後兩課,給學生參與課外活動(自費活動),,我女可在校內時間學小提琴,如常放學坐校車,而不需加長在校時間,自費活動有好多選擇,例如大提琴,英語話劇,小型網球,粵劇,長笛和劍擊等等.
而課堂內不要另付費用的有,法文班,併音班和英文唱遊班.
另外,每日都有一節功課堂,基本上小朋友在校內已完成功課,而每次考試後,老師會選出成績未達標的同學,在功課堂內到另外課室上補習班(免費的).
因此,在這校讀可節省了很多,例如補習班及興趣班的金錢,最重要係時間,每天她放學回家,仲有時間在屋苑內踏單車,活動一下.
或者我要求不高,所以已好滿意這學校,而兩個女都讀得好投入好開心.歸屬感好重要,這校的小朋友都好有歸屬感.經常見已畢業的師姐回校同老師見面及同小師妹玩.

34#
發表於 07-6-7 12:06 |只看該作者

關於聖嘉勒的課外活動,我亦有所聞。曾經有人把一些經聖嘉勒轉發的章程給我看,一份是芭蕾舞,另一份是是游泳。兩家都是相當不錯的機構,而自己的囡囡亦在其中一家學習,因而我都相當認同聖嘉勒對課外活動的選擇。

另外,雖然補習可以一定程度上加强英語能力,但時間短,且人數少,效果遠不及每天花七至八小時在一個英語豐富的學校還境中成長。

唯一一點我必須認同另一位家長就是校車問題。其實我不大明白,為什麼用上這麼大的車,在那麼多不同的地方接載學生(如果沒有變的話,應該有一輛校車,連同聖類斯的學生一起)。如果化整為零,不是可以使學生更快回到學校嗎?

瑄婷 寫道:
或者我可以講講我自己的經驗,聖嘉勒全日制與別不同的地方,聽完後你地或有不同想法.
我細女除了芭蕾舞外,並無在學校外報讀其他課程,點解呢?
因為學校已安排了星期三及星期五的最後兩課,給學生參與課外活動(自費活動),,我女可在校內時間學小提琴,如常放學坐校車,而不需加長在校時間,自費活動有好多選擇,例如大提琴,英語話劇,小型網球,粵劇,長笛和劍擊等等.
而課堂內不要另付費用的有,法文班,併音班和英文唱遊班.
另外,每日都有一節功課堂,基本上小朋友在校內已完成功課,而每次考試後,老師會選出成績未達標的同學,在功課堂內到另外課室上補習班(免費的).
因此,在這校讀可節省了很多,例如補習班及興趣班的金錢,最重要係時間,每天她放學回家,仲有時間在屋苑內踏單車,活動一下.
或者我要求不高,所以已好滿意這學校,而兩個女都讀得好投入好開心.歸屬感好重要,這校的小朋友都好有歸屬感.經常見已畢業的師姐回校同老師見面及同小師妹玩.

35#
發表於 07-6-7 12:17 |只看該作者

DELETED

36#
發表於 07-6-7 13:49 |只看該作者

校車在以前的碓存在好多投訴,例如與聖類斯的學生共用一車,無安全帶及車程太長及轉接等問題,因此校方與家長同意下在2006年9月開始,學校校車服務已轉由冠忠公司提供服務.而轉用新公司後,家長都好滿意新公司的服務.

leschelems 寫道:
唯一一點我必須認同另一位家長就是校車問題。其實我不大明白,為什麼用上這麼大的車,在那麼多不同的地方接載學生(如果沒有變的話,應該有一輛校車,連同聖類斯的學生一起)。如果化整為零,不是可以使學生更快回到學校嗎?

37#
發表於 07-6-7 14:11 |只看該作者

瑄婷 寫道:
...而兩個女都讀得好投入好開心.歸屬感好重要,這校的小朋友都好有歸屬感.經常見已畢業的師姐回校同老師見面及同小師妹玩.

十分同意普遍學生有歸屬感重要,這顯示校園生活愉快,師生關係良好、羣體朋輩感染對學習事半工倍。
今天頭條張慧慈專欄說七至十五歲腦神經增長速度快過删剪,是學習語言及思考方法的好時機...
這段時期剛好覆蓋了孩子的小學和初中階段,要好好把握。浸淫於豐富的英語全日小學環境定大有幫助。

38#
發表於 07-6-7 15:57 |只看該作者

BoBoCute 寫道:
[quote]
pampam 寫道:
我都係選擇緊St.Clare's同北角循道上午。

pampam,

Regarding the english standard concern, I can deal with it quite easily by hiring private english tutor with the $3,000 savings on tuition fee or by teaching her by myself.  However the behavioral concern put me into such a dilemma.[/quote]
BoBoCute,
我囡囡今年會在St. Clare's返K1, 而我都係住在北角 ~ 甘當然囡囡上課時間係9:00前到學校, 但囡囡只係三歲, 都去St. Clare's返學 ~ 最初我都有擔心過坐學車的問題, 我都有上黎請教過其他媽媽和打電話去校車公司詢問, 佢地答其實都沒有問題, 因為小朋友在車程會和其他小朋友玩,講野, 很快便到學校和有些小朋友住在柴灣!   
Don't worry!Be happy![/color purple]

39#
發表於 07-6-7 15:58 |只看該作者

BoBoCute 寫道:
[quote]
pampam 寫道:
我都係選擇緊St.Clare's同北角循道上午。

pampam,

BoBoCute,
我囡囡今年會在St. Clare's返K1, 而我都係住在北角 ~ 甘當然囡囡上課時間係9:00前到學校, 但囡囡只係三歲, 都去St. Clare's返學 ~ 最初我都有擔心過坐學車的問題, 我都有上黎請教過其他媽媽和打電話去校車公司詢問, 佢地答其實都沒有問題, 因為小朋友在車程會和其他小朋友玩,講野, 很快便到學校和有些小朋友住在柴灣!   

40#
發表於 07-6-7 16:05 |只看該作者

瑄婷,
你好嗎?很開心看到你講到St. Clare's有甘好的課外活動雖然係比P.1或以上的小朋友, 但已經很期待啦!     
‹ 上一主題|下一主題