Which is better?

發表於 07-6-2 14:08 |顯示全部帖子

Re: 軒尼詩官立下午vs St. Clare's

St Clare's 英文和紀律應較軒小下午優。
你把軒小下午排第幾位?

發表於 07-6-2 14:35 |顯示全部帖子

4th.
I agree with you.  My husband is quite worried that there may be some very naughty boys at Hennessy Govt as govt schools cannot choose their students.
Private school teachers will consider family background and  students' conduct when choosing students, so more chance of taking in well behaved kids.

發表於 07-6-2 15:30 |顯示全部帖子

The present principal of St. Clare's Primary School came from Marymount Primary School.  Her discipline is 'terrible' when compared with the former principal.  I don't think that the discipline of SCPS is better than HGS now.  You may visit the school in the morning or in the afternoon to 'check' the discipline of the girls there, especially their hair style.  :cry:

發表於 07-6-2 16:30 |顯示全部帖子

hair style 唔代表一切, 聽講聖心都放寬左, 冇咁吹毛求疪 (以前馬尾都唔比紥)!

言歸正傳,St. Clare's是一所好學校, 尤其是在該區, 新校長加入了很多課外活動, 如大提琴, 法文都有得學。
HGS當然也唔差, BUT 論英文程度, 應是St. Clare's 好D, 感覺上D學生矜貴D, ELEGANT D。官小就平民化D。
如果係我就會選St. Clare's, 起碼有中學, 如果唔係太差的都可以直上。

發表於 07-6-2 17:43 |顯示全部帖子

BoBoCute, do you visit St Clare in the open day of last month ?
if you did , i will know your choice.

醒目開學勳章 王國長老

發表於 07-6-2 17:48 |顯示全部帖子

俾我會揀st clare's............雖然未至於一流, 不過so far so good啦
軒官, 講真, 不嬲都唔係我杯茶 , 我同事個仔o係入面讀, 佢話, 程度真係麻麻架喇, 不過聯繫中學好嘛, 所以依然多人爭

發表於 07-6-2 18:06 |顯示全部帖子

I learnt form newspaper that one of the 10A students of HKCEE last year is from Hennessy a.m., if most of the band 1 students in am or pm can go to QC, the standard would not be too bad... better ask people who are really studying in these two schools.

發表於 07-6-2 20:36 |顯示全部帖子

decision 寫道:
BoBoCute, do you visit St Clare in the open day of last month ?
if you did , i will know your choice.

I went there with my girls.  But I don't understand why you will know my choice??

發表於 07-6-2 21:42 |顯示全部帖子

Definitely, St. Clare's!

發表於 07-6-3 02:35 |顯示全部帖子

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽
簽名被屏蔽

發表於 07-6-3 03:14 |顯示全部帖子

A strange pair indeed.  Apart from the family background and girl's character, it's worth to think ahead to consider secondar school allocation at this stage.  

Here's my mumbo-jumbo.  St Clare's is a soft option.  Although St Clare's Secondary is a very good school,  the top students in St Clare' Primary  tend to apply other top schools in net like Ying Wah Girls and St Stephen Girls while leaving mostly band 2 students in St Clare.

In this aspect,  it all boils down to the banding of your girl.  If she tops band 1, HGS's nominated secondary school list is more appealing.  If she is an average band 1, either is good for her.  If, unfortunately, she falls into band 2, St Clare is much safer.   

However, the broader picture always favours St Clare.  I quite agree the co-ed environment and non-selective admission of HGS are worrisome.  HGS also seems a sure choice for those who do not possess the necessary background to apply for other favorites, esp for boys for the mighty QC is in the nominated school list.  If I were you, I would definitely go for St Clare.  

發表於 07-6-3 08:24 |顯示全部帖子

I totally agree as it is always my belief that girls in girl school and boys in boy school at least for foundation education.
leschelems 寫道:
A strange pair indeed.  Apart from the family background and girl's character, it's worth to think ahead to consider secondar school allocation at this stage.  

Here's my mumbo-jumbo.  St Clare's is a soft option.  Although St Clare's Secondary is a very good school,  the top students in St Clare' Primary  tend to apply other top schools in net like Ying Wah Girls and St Stephen Girls while leaving mostly band 2 students in St Clare.

In this aspect,  it all boils down to the banding of your girl.  If she tops band 1, HGS's nominated secondary school list is more appealing.  If she is an average band 1, either is good for her.  If, unfortunately, she falls into band 2, St Clare is much safer.   

However, the broader picture always favours St Clare.  I quite agree the co-ed environment and non-selective admission of HGS are worrisome.  HGS also seems a sure choice for those who do not possess the necessary background to apply for other favorites, esp for boys for the mighty QC is in the nominated school list.  If I were you, I would definitely go for St Clare.  

發表於 07-6-3 14:58 |顯示全部帖子

Nice to meet a pro unisex here.

發表於 07-6-3 15:51 |顯示全部帖子

其實我還有一個原因傾向聖嘉勒,不過聽起來就有點玄。

記得以前認識一位家長,升中前帶同囡囡到兩家心儀中學門口,原本只是參觀性質,誰不知囡囡一到了聖保羅男女校,便覺不安,嚷着要走,而到了庇理羅士,反應就完全不同。於是,那位家長便決定,相信囡囡的直覺,不報讀聖保羅男女校。後來,囡囡在庇理羅士七年的日子過得不錯。

我就在升小一前,帶了囡囡到小學參觀。囡囡的部份評語如下:

拔萃女小學: 沒有特別感覺
瑪利諾修院: 校舍不喜歡
嘉諾撒聖瑪利:小教堂不錯,其他沒有特別感覺
聖嘉勒小學: 覺得校舍不錯,感覺舒服,且面帶歡容
瑪利曼小學(雲景道): 感覺舒服,沒有說話,只想四圍玩

從囡囡的直覺,校舍細小的聖嘉勒小學,給小孩的印象是不錯的。

最後,有一天途經軒官時,我對她說,這是一所小學。她的回應是:「吓!係學校?!」

發表於 07-6-4 01:14 |顯示全部帖子

Re: HK True Light vs St. Clare's

Thanks for all your replies.

How about HK True Light vs St. Clare's?

發表於 07-6-4 09:18 |顯示全部帖子

St. Clare's

True Light Primary-->25% toTrue Light Secondary(聯) ,
St. Clare's Primary--->85% to St. Clare's Secondary(直),

醒目開學勳章 王國長老

發表於 07-6-4 10:28 |顯示全部帖子

呢個資料肯定係錯既!!
y2kyiu 寫道:
True Light Primary-->25% toTrue Light Secondary(聯) ,

發表於 07-6-4 10:45 |顯示全部帖子

St Clare's English is much better than True Light.

發表於 07-6-4 10:47 |顯示全部帖子

true light
BoBoCute 寫道:
Thanks for all your replies.

How about HK True Light vs St. Clare's?