用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 2008 Babies - Prepare for N1 2010-2011 (Chatroom)
樓主: ML_Ngan
go

2008 Babies - Prepare for N1 2010-2011 (Chatroom) [複製鏈接]

101#
發表於 09-8-18 09:44 |只看該作者
原帖由 Twinboys08 於 09-8-18 09:19 發表
I applied the PG when the boys were 5 months old....the waiting list is very long as I specifically request on Sat only...as I want to take them there myself. So...keep on waiting and waiting.

About  ...

Thanks Twinboys08.  I will need to spend more time with them on the shapes and colour from now on.  Which schools will you apply for your sons?

102#
發表於 09-8-18 10:26 |只看該作者
If you have bun bun at home, you can ask your bun to play with them. I also ask my buns to teach them the stuff as I need to work during day time ~

I will apply So chit, Cannan and SPN, Victoria also....but SPN and Victoria are so expensive, consider we have two kids at the same time....

原帖由 twinsmummy 於 09-8-18 09:44 發表

Thanks Twinboys08.  I will need to spend more time with them on the shapes and colour from now on.  Which schools will you apply for your sons?

103#
發表於 09-8-18 10:55 |只看該作者
原帖由 Twinboys08 於 09-8-18 10:26 發表
If you have bun bun at home, you can ask your bun to play with them. I also ask my buns to teach them the stuff as I need to work during day time ~

I will apply So chit, Cannan and SPN, Victoria als ...

Agree Victoria and SPN are expensive and hard to get in.  I have Indonesian who speaks English.  Still, can't rely on them 100% to teach my bbs.  Is Cannan any good?  I see it's name pop up a few times on this forum.

104#
發表於 09-8-18 12:38 |只看該作者
Hi Twinsmummy, it is so nice to chat with you.

The medium of teaching at So Jit (Kiangsu-Chekiang) is Mandarin, the school has both local and international stream.  Which one will you apply?

Victoria at Causeway Bay is the famous one and long history among all Victoria schools at different locations.  Which one will you apply?

SPN (St. Paul's Nursery) is only provides full day class, so will you plan to send both twims to a full day class?

I observe that not so many famous nursery schools, I mean neither full day nor international schools in Hong Kong.  

I live on Kowloon side (LCK), so I'd better to apply Kowloon Tong nursery schools such as HKPS and Keen Mind, but I never think about Victoria and Cannan.  If my daughter is not admitted by both HKPS & Keen Mind, I will apply kindergarten schools next year both HK & Kowloon side, Victoria and Cannan will be placed the final ranking.

105#
發表於 09-8-18 14:10 |只看該作者
原帖由 ML_Ngan 於 09-8-17 17:27 發表
Keen Mind will be my second choice.  How about you?

Thanks for sharing, I am considering the Keen Mind. I have called the school for more details about N1, but they seems not too friendly and is not corresponding to my question. So I don’t have good impression on it.

I will try TT & Kingston also, but just the school fee is too much expensive.

In between Cannan & Creative, which one is better? Maybe I will apply it for spare.

My son now is 13 months, and he only can walk and understand some simply instruction, such as clap, bye bye, goodbye kiss, sit down, take the things to me. He can't recognise the shapes, colors... so too much worry about the interview on Dec.

Is it really helpful for attending playgroup? As I am going to trial class of Kiddikraft's playgruop on this coming Sat.

106#
發表於 09-8-18 14:44 |只看該作者
原帖由 ML_Ngan 於 09-8-18 12:38 發表
Hi Twinsmummy, it is so nice to chat with you.

The medium of teaching at So Jit (Kiangsu-Chekiang) is Mandarin, the school has both local and international stream.  Which one will you apply?

Victori ...

Hi ML_Ngan, nice to chat with you too.

For SO Jit, will put the girls in the local stream.  When I visited the school, seems like more local kids in the Int'l stream and some caucasian kids in local stream.  I want them to learn mandarin more than English.

I'll probably apply the HarbourHeight campus.  Let's see how they do at the playgroup first.  That campus seems to be slightly more spacious than Belchers.

If they are so lucky to get into SPN, I'll send both there but given very little space available each year and I need to put 2 in the class, my chance is quite low I think.  They don't even know colours/ shapes/ numbers or alphabets....so I'm not hopeful.  

Let's see if these schools will take my girls.  All fingers (and toes) crossed.

107#
發表於 09-8-18 16:44 |只看該作者
My daughter is just 14 months old. She still cannot recognise colours and shapes, same as your kid.  TT nursury school fee is HK$6800 per month, if you prefer to let your kid study international school.

原帖由 luckysze919 於 09-8-18 14:10 發表

Thanks for sharing, I am considering the Keen Mind. I have called the school for more details about N1, but they seems not too friendly and is not corresponding to my question. So I don’t have good ...

108#
發表於 09-8-18 17:42 |只看該作者
My boy is 0802 bb, 18 months now. He still can't speak a word although he can understand all our instructions and some simple pictures like apple, orange, icecream, pig, etc.  After reading the posts in this chatroom, I'm quite worried how he can handle the N1 interviews next year.

I'm planning to send him to Victoria HMT or some other PN in Kowloon Tong.

Btw, I haven't applied for any playgroup for my boy.  Is it too late now to apply if I want to let him study in first quarter 2010?  I just want to let him learn and practise more before attending the interviews and hope that he won't be scared to go to schools.  Any playgroup has vacancy faster, say 6 months after application?

109#
發表於 09-8-19 00:15 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

110#
發表於 09-8-19 11:01 |只看該作者
For those mommies who have babies around 13-15 months, not to worry too much whether they still cannot regon shapes, colours, alphabets yet. Taking my twin boys as example, they didn't response much during that stage either as I think at that time their focus on exploring things around the house, since they could finally mobile themselves freely...

However, all of the sudden during their 16months to now, I found they've learnt so much and really learn things fast. They can remember things very quickly after watching it once or twince, can be able to show it to you when you ask them to. If you don't have much time teaching them personally, I'd highly recommend you let your kids to watch some Barney although the dinosaur is a bit ugly. The content of it is very educational. My boys learnt a lot from there apart from many songs, they learnt shapes, colours (of course they also have some related toys to go with). For alphabet,s you can buy those ABC letter board from 商務, cost only $10.5 ! Can also consider to let them watch Phonics kids video as to learn the alpabet and pronounciation.

Let's try and add oil together !!

111#
發表於 09-8-19 12:08 |只看該作者
I also agree.  My son is 0801 and now nearly 19 mths and not until 2 mths ago then he recognised A-Z and count 1-10.  He can't speak a lot now but know most of our instruction.  We play with him the letters board and shape box and matching toys and some easy books.  Again, you can't expect he can concentrate more than 5 mins.

From 8mths to 1.5 year, he joined Little Gym and after that, he is now studying in Anfield sat playgroup, so far so good or ok as I haven't compared to other similar playgroup.  Looks like Anfield has some advantage for ESF admission later.

I am still debating if I should ask him to 2 year old class in Jan 10 or wait till Aug 10.   

I have just applied Yew Chung & YMCA TST so far as I live in Kln - indeed Tsuen Wan, quite far.  I have planned to apply Victoria, HKPS, Keen Mind, Anfield for other PN choices, but none from Tsuen Wan.

It may not be too easy to only chat at forum here.  I welcome to become friends with other mom, let's email me at [email protected]
:)

112#
發表於 09-8-19 12:39 |只看該作者
1. According to my experience, I think it is better to teach them in real life, rather than by  "teaching materials" or books. By doing this they learn when they play, with interest. We showed my baby different shapes, figures, and colors since she was like 2 months. Now suddenly she can point out different colors or shapes, and read out figures lar. My baby is a 0801 girl.

2. We live in Shatin, I am checking on some PN in 九龙塘 and also HKPS (Ascot). I have talked to the teachers in HKPS. The application form will be available online on Nov. 7. but we can actually download the form a few days earlier than that. Other PN, we applied Yew Chung online already, haven't heard from them yet. My feeling is that Yew Chung has room available. I only applied Yew Chung as a backup since I heard that they teaching English and Cantonese, while I want my baby learn PTW. Cannan will have forms available online on Sept. 7, and Keen Mind, 2010-1-4.

3. I think Kingston form is vailable earlier. What is So Jit?

原帖由 twinsmummy 於 09-8-17 12:47 發表

Hi ML_Ngan, to answer your questions:
1. Yes, we started but they are still a bit clueless and attention span of 30sec.  We used the shape sorter and some books. No sign of success yet. 2 ...

113#
發表於 09-8-19 12:47 |只看該作者
原帖由 loyaumama 於 09-8-17 23:26 發表
my son was born in Jun08. Start to think about N1. Dont know yet when these schools are open for application.

Some suggestions from my friends are:

keen mind
Victoria
HKPS

But could you all share i ...

Those three schools are also on my list. I intend to send my girl to local school for primary school and international school of middle school. I think Chinese is very important and hard to learn. Therefore it is critical for them to have very professional training on Chinese, including writing.

For N1, I will first consider the distance. I will only consider the schools that are close to my home. I don't want baby travel too much, for security and healthy concerns. Then I will look at the teachers's attitude. Teacher's attitude is more important than their curriculum.

114#
發表於 09-8-19 12:50 |只看該作者
原帖由 luckysze919 於 09-8-18 14:10 發表

Thanks for sharing, I am considering the Keen Mind. I have called the school for more details about N1, but they seems not too friendly and is not corresponding to my question. So I don’t have good ...

13 months is too small to understand those... Dont worry lar

115#
發表於 09-8-19 13:13 |只看該作者
hi, 我仔仔係0805 BB黎架,而家我想幫佢報花園大廈浸信會幼兒學校,有無人知呢間好唔好架?
另外,想知道如果想報迦南N1咁洗唔洗排隊排通宵拎FORM架?
有無住觀塘媽媽呀?

116#
發表於 09-8-19 13:45 |只看該作者
I have a younger son, he is a 0804 BB. I am targetting one-dragon shcools such as Pui Ching. But Pui Ching doesn't have N1, so I planned to send my son to a whole-day nursery near my home. I don't want him to travel too long. Happy learning is my main concern in N1. There are so many chocies available for K1, if Pui Ching doesn't accept him, my other choices are KV or St. Catherine.

But if HKPS is your dream school and if you plan to let your kids to stay until K3, you better enter their N1 since chances will be much lesser for K1 admission.

[ 本帖最後由 kyliejet 於 09-8-19 13:51 編輯 ]

117#
發表於 09-8-19 14:48 |只看該作者
原帖由 sh_yip 於 09-8-14 17:29 發表

Hi Jupiter,
Are you live in Siu Sai Wan?  My boy was born in 0801 (almost 19mths now).  Are you ride on mini-bus to TT Red-hill Campus at Chai Wan MTR Station?
How about return?
Is it difficult to g ...

Hi sh_yip,

Yes, I live in Siu Sai Wan (Island Resort).  My baby was born in 0810 (10 months old now).  She will start tutor time playgroup in Sept.  I just joined Sat class (once a week) because my husband can drive her there on Sat.  I havn't visited Redhill campus, my friend told me it is good, afterall, it won't be a huge commitment because you can quit if you don't feel they are good.  

I also just started to let my baby to attend kindermusik by Catherine in Central, but I plan to let her join for 1 term only (8 sessions) and maybe change to Gymboree afterwards.  I think 2 playgroups per week is maximum for a 1 year old baby la!

I plan to apply for Cannan, GoodHealth, Kornhill Victoria, So Jit, and Kornhill International Nursery for N class in 2010.  In case fails all of the above, I will let her stay in TT until kindergarten lor (but it is really expensive and I do not intend to let my baby study international school later)

My girl is 細囡 (born in Oct), therefore it is a bit difficult for her to be accepted by Nursery I think!  Especially So Jit, they prefer 大囝大囡, anyway, I will apply all of the above nursery next month.

[ 本帖最後由 Jupiter 於 09-8-19 14:53 編輯 ]

118#
發表於 09-8-19 15:04 |只看該作者
Cannan is applied by post!!
so, i think that we need not to queue up over-night.

119#
發表於 09-8-19 15:48 |只看該作者
Just called Kingston today and their N1 class next year is already on waiting list.  Can send return envelop to them for application form.

原帖由 mimicatmao 於 09-8-19 12:39 發表
1. According to my experience, I think it is better to teach them in real life, rather than by  "teaching materials" or books. By doing this they learn when they play, with interest. We showed my baby ...

120#
發表於 09-8-19 17:02 |只看該作者
Do you prefer to apply St. Paul's Nursery School instead of Tutor Time?

原帖由 Jupiter 於 09-8-19 14:48 發表

Hi sh_yip,

Yes, I live in Siu Sai Wan (Island Resort).  My baby was born in 0810 (10 months old now).  She will start tutor time playgroup in Sept.  I just joined Sat class (once a week) because my ...
‹ 上一主題|下一主題