搜索
教育王國 討論區 拔萃女小學 女拔是否平民免問有冇成功家庭分享面試經驗 ...
樓主: iris3816
go

女拔是否平民免問有冇成功家庭分享面試經驗 [複製鏈接]

41#
發表於 05-5-25 13:22 |只看該作者

Re: 女拔是否平民免問有冇成功家庭分享面試經驗

凡事有例外, 即使完全符合大家所列的要求, 也未必代表一定得; 考得入的, 肯定不是完全符合這些要求.

"女拔是否平民免問?" 我只知道, 如果你唔去試, 就一定無機會!

面試憑狀態/運氣, 抱著"隨遇而安"的心態, 對家長和女兒兩方面都好.  祝大家的小朋友考入心儀小學.    

42#
發表於 05-5-25 13:26 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

43#
發表於 05-5-25 13:43 |只看該作者

Hi j-ma-ma,

My girl is accepted by St Mary too. My hubby did the registration for her but it seems like he knew nothing when I asked him what we should do for the follow ups. I have some queries in my mind, hope you can help:

1. Do we need to do the formal registration again after June 4?

2. When will the school notify us to buy books, uniform.. etc

3. Do you know if there's any restraints for the school bags?

Appreciate for your reply.

44#
發表於 05-5-25 14:09 |只看該作者

Roberta2000,

Actually, my daughter is already in P.2 now.

During the registration, your husband should have submitted 2 stamped envelopes to the school.  After 4 Jun, you will receive information from the school advising you the date of the first parent's day for P1.
After the parent's talk (by the headmistress), you will have the chance to buy uniform (PE and shirt), arrange the school bus, get the booklist and notify the date to buy the books in the school (should be around July together with the old girls).  You may PM me if you need other information.

45#
發表於 05-5-25 14:12 |只看該作者

The children herself has to be a catholic or Christian to get the 5 marks.

Marks applied to allocated school only (MCS is one) by not to private school.  For DGJS, I know that like it because they need your information in the application form.

46#
發表於 05-5-25 14:30 |只看該作者

Is St. Mary also a Catholic school?

Is it under allocation system, not private?

Thanks!

47#
發表於 05-5-25 14:34 |只看該作者

Yes, St Mary is a Catholic school and under allocation system Region 31

48#
發表於 05-5-25 17:16 |只看該作者

上年的十月我小女和我同事的女也去面試,我女唔中,同事女得左。佢K2轉去讀基督堂幼稚園,原因也是聽聞入的機會大。個女仔外形幾Q幾漂亮,講英國口音英文,當然廣東話也講啦。父母是中產啦,都大學學歷。住私人樓,我覺得也不是非常SMART GIRL,不過外形幾好。父母應無背景。所以我認為傳聞校長問答中能挑選SMART GIRL好像有點神乎其技了,我的女想多答也被校長叫停,話要留番時間給下一位。我真的不相信,只幾句話就能知道人的IQ.反正這是我所接觸最真實的個案了,與大家分享。
後話是我小女到今天仍為小拔校長唔比佢多解釋那個問題而不高興。她說已很努力回答但只講了三句就被叮走。哈哈。我女也是名牌學校而且年年得模範生獎,智力當無問題。

49#
發表於 05-5-25 17:28 |只看該作者

讀基督堂係好大因素.
另外,你話佢父母 U grade 亦會係一個考慮.
flowerglassy 寫道:
上年的十月我小女和我同事的女也去面試,我女唔中,同事女得左。佢K2轉去讀基督堂幼稚園,原因也是聽聞入的機會大。個女仔外形幾Q幾漂亮,講英國口音英文,當然廣東話也講啦。父母是中產啦,都大學學歷。住私人樓,我覺得也不是非常SMART GIRL,不過外形幾好。父母應無背景。所以我認為傳聞校長問答中能挑選SMART GIRL好像有點神乎其技了,我的女想多答也被校長叫停,話要留番時間給下一位。我真的不相信,只幾句話就能知道人的IQ.反正這是我所接觸最真實的個案了,與大家分享。
後話是我小女到今天仍為小拔校長唔比佢多解釋那個問題而不高興。她說已很努力回答但只講了三句就被叮走。哈哈。我女也是名牌學校而且年年得模範生獎,智力當無問題。

50#
發表於 05-5-25 19:10 |只看該作者

U said if children herself is Christian, she will get 5 marks. Why not parent ? The child know nothing but how to make her become Christian ?

j-ma-ma 寫道:
The children herself has to be a catholic or Christian to get the 5 marks.

Marks applied to allocated school only (MCS is one) by not to private school.  For DGJS, I know that like it because they need your information in the application form.

51#
發表於 05-5-25 19:17 |只看該作者

Ansonbb
For Catholic, we will baptist our children when they are baby.
Unluckly, this is the rule of the scheme.

52#
發表於 05-5-25 23:46 |只看該作者

dear Flowerglassy,
thz for your share,are u district 31, would u plz teach me more     :
:idea:

53#
發表於 05-5-29 11:55 |只看該作者

DGJS look very much into the family background-- i think they won't consider whether you are rich or very rich, but rather, the profession of the parents. For professionals like doctors, lawyers,professors, lecturers, their kids will have a higher chance, but they will look at the position too, say, for an accountant, if you are a senior or working in a famous company, then chance is higher. My friends from DGJS have parents of being doctors, Lecturers, HEAD nurse etc.... oh and if you are working as civil servant (of course those 'high calibre' la) they like them too. For business man, even if they are very rich, they may not succeed, i think DGJS look at which BIG company you're working for as well.
2. another group of students who got admitted are from CCKG, so there may be students whom famiy background are not that distinguished.
3rd group are probably those with a high talented skill in other activities like sports or music.

ONE WORD, they choose family background with emphasis on academic ability but not neccessarily richness. (but of course, these 2 are related)

For DGS secondary school, it's different story. For those who interviewed to get into secondary, they mainly look at the school result but doesn't care too much about the 'background', because they cannot depend on K3 result for entering P.1 but they can clearly based on P6 result for F.1.

But of course, we always only hear about the excellent public results and achievements, but just like other schools, there are some bad result students as well, and DGS have girls which are quite snobbish and like to be leaders without listening to other people-- this is one thing that i really didn't like, despite good result.
You won't feel it when everyone around you is like this but when you were out to universities and compared to the outside world, woo, usually DGS girls are not very welcomed in groups and they always like to stick together with other DGS girls (or DBS boys)
But of course, if parents put more emphasis on the academic and education quality, enter DGJS is a good start!
Don't give up! You can keep sitting for entry exam even for P.2 P3 .... F.1! There are still chances!

54#
發表於 05-5-29 23:25 |只看該作者

55#
發表於 05-5-30 10:42 |只看該作者

Hellohoo,

Thank you for your fair account.

56#
發表於 05-5-30 12:37 |只看該作者

[quote]
Mrssslui 寫道:
Although they live in housing estate, but mainly b'cos the girl studied in CCKG.
[quote]

I want to know how to win a place at CCKG.

57#
發表於 05-5-30 13:21 |只看該作者

我遇到一個成功例子:
1. 父母皆 professional & work in big org.
2. The girl not studies in CCKG but a good famous school in HKI.
3. The girl, I can't say she is smart.
4. The main reason she successes b'cos of her referencee.

58#
發表於 05-5-30 13:24 |只看該作者

佢既收生制度好闊,你可以話咩人都有機.
1. 父母 prof
2. Smart girl with sports, arts, music capabilities and performance
3. Mother is an old girls
4. 介紹人,個校長會比面個介紹人而收生
5. come fr CCKG

59#
發表於 05-5-30 23:36 |只看該作者

how about parent are not the prof.?
介紹人??

60#
發表於 05-5-31 09:26 |只看該作者

I want to mention that the girl cld admit to DGS b'cos of her parents and the 介紹人 although she is not so smart. I don't think it is fair to the others.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題