用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Anyone on ESF waiting list ?
樓主: grumpyminnie
go

Anyone on ESF waiting list ? [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 07-4-25 16:14 |只看該作者

Re: Anyone on ESF waiting list ?

Dear  KaKaYa,

I can feel your worry about the uncertainty.

Don't give up yet. I guess there are vacancies for admission before the ESF school starts in August.

For your information, as far as I know, at least 2 classmates of my son, who are admitted by the ESF and have paid the deposit will not go to the ESF in the coming August. Therefore, there are always chances to get a place in the ESF.

Take it easy, otherwise your child will get upset by your anxiety.

Good Luck.

yeungss

22#
發表於 07-4-25 17:51 |只看該作者

Dear Yeungss,

Thank you for your kindly advice.Do you why they didn't to attend ESF in August ?

Best Rds,
yeungss 寫道:
Dear  KaKaYa,

I can feel your worry about the uncertainty.

Don't give up yet. I guess there are vacancies for admission before the ESF school starts in August.

For your information, as far as I know, at least 2 classmates of my son, who are admitted by the ESF and have paid the deposit will not go to the ESF in the coming August. Therefore, there are always chances to get a place in the ESF.

Take it easy, otherwise your child will get upset by your anxiety.

Good Luck.

yeungss
When the rain is over, the sky clears up take one's course 順其發展;聽其自然

23#
發表於 07-4-26 08:17 |只看該作者

KaKaYa 寫道:
如AIS 8月開學,要最遲幾要申請呢?
好不好等ESF�RC:YR1-3?還是去AIS呢?如果交了3�6個月學費,到時ESF�RC有位,便不能退回學費嗎?
或LOCAL K3才申請IS:YR 2-3呢?謝!

KaKaYa,

If you really want to choose ESF/RC, you can still apply for Y2 as there are always some Y1 kids leave ESF/RC to study in famous local schools.  So maybe you can consider keeping your kid in K3 and apply different IS by Sept.

24#
發表於 07-4-26 12:02 |只看該作者

One mom said she would like her son to learn more chinese in other IS with chinese as teaching media. Her boy is not Chinese.

The other mom said she would like her son to stay in K3 and go to a local school because she is not familiar with the education system and education mode of IS. This boy is a Chinese.

25#
發表於 07-4-26 13:21 |只看該作者

Dear WYmom,
This is good sound of Method for still apply for Y2. But my fact, is not easy to study half day of K3 in local education and always with the child go to interest classes.
So, if the whole day school(IS) is better for my child and have study the interest classes e.g :mardarin, phonics, Maths, Drawing, dance, etc. I hope the IS can provide such lessons involve the scope.
Thanks!
WYmom 寫道:
[quote]
KaKaYa 寫道:
如AIS 8月開學,要最遲幾要申請呢?
好不好等ESF�RC:YR1-3?還是去AIS呢?如果交了3�6個月學費,到時ESF�RC有位,便不能退回學費嗎?
或LOCAL K3才申請IS:YR 2-3呢?謝!

KaKaYa,

If you really want to choose ESF/RC, you can still apply for Y2 as there are always some Y1 kids leave ESF/RC to study in famous local schools.  So maybe you can consider keeping your kid in K3 and apply different IS by Sept.[/quote]

26#
發表於 07-4-26 14:37 |只看該作者

Dear Yeungss,
Not many  HK local schools run IS mode and all the school is new established a few years.So I didn't know each one is reliable and good recommendation.
You talked one mom , she would like her son to stay in K3 and go to a local school runs IS new mode of IS.
But My past experience of International School KT . I was very upset of YX Inter'l School and disappointed.
So I prefer the really international school more than private and make profit school.
I'm also a Chinese too. But I had been study outboard and I understood HK Traditional school is not my cup of coffee.
I also love my child to study more chinese Language and Bilingual.
How about you?
yeungss 寫道:
One mom said she would like her son to learn more chinese in other IS with chinese as teaching media. Her boy is not Chinese.

The other mom said she would like her son to stay in K3 and go to a local school because she is not familiar with the education system and education mode of IS. This boy is a Chinese.

27#
發表於 07-4-26 16:00 |只看該作者

Dear KaKaYa,

When my boy was still studying in K1, both me and my husband would like to send my boy to local school. We had done a lot of preparation works so as to facilitate him to get into a good local school. We were quite sure that he can get a place in one of 2 famous local school. One is very famous in KT and the other is quite "Gai Fong" famous school in our area.

In K2, my boy's teacher asked me what our plan was. I told her our plan. Then, she told us that she was of the opinion that IS is better than the local one as the children there will be brought up to be more flexible and happier. In addition, as she knew that we have education allowance, she strongly recommended that we should re-consider sending our boy to an IS.

So, when all the parents who would like to apply ESF send the application form to the school. I fill in the form and send it out too. I think the chance for my boy to get in the ESF is very slim. However, without any preparation, he get a place after the interview. (Actually, I guess almost all the children of this school who submit an application to the ESF get a place there. So, I think it is not that difficult to get a place in ESF.)

Both me and my huband discuss the plan again and again. Finally, we decided to put my boy into ESF and take P.1 as a trail. If it is good, he stays there. If not, or other better choice available, he goes.

I studied in local schools from kindergaren to University. I do not have any experience of IS. All I know is that the competition in a famous local is very keen. You will be missed if you fall behind. Fortunately, I was always staying in the front. I quite enjoy the keen competition. However, I guess it is not a real nice experience to be at the back.

Since my boy was admitted by ESF, I read a lot and talked with different parents with kids studying in local school and IS. I begin to think that IS is a good choice as my child will be more able to enjoy school life. The tension between the child and the parents will be less as the child will not be forced to get No.1 in every aspect.

As a mother, I cannot guarantee anything for the future of my child. Most of the things are out of my control. There shall be many things for them to suffer in the future. Why don't we give them a more enjoyable childhood and happier school life? In addition, many children in the European world study the same thing in the same mode as an IS like ESF. It seems that they are not less competitive with ours in HK. It is very nice if my boy can be well-educated in a enjoyable environment. So I hope my boy can stay well in the ESF.

Hope you are not bored by my long message.

Regards,

Yeungss

28#
發表於 07-4-26 16:26 |只看該作者

絕對同意   

29#
發表於 07-4-26 23:05 |只看該作者

Hi Yeungss,

May I know which kinder did your son study ?  tks !

30#
發表於 07-4-27 17:41 |只看該作者

Dear  yeungss,
I'm so glad to recieved your message. And I was missing the application exactly date, so the school put my application into waiting list. It's doesn't matter or the chinese person always said that "it is not belongs yours."
In this time, I'll continue to try ESF/RC and apply another IS e.g :AIS .
As your points:We only wish the child will not be forced to get No.1 in every aspect. we hope  them a more enjoyable childhood and happiest in school life.
In future, we hope can share more details for our record.
Pls:"Gai Fong" ????what is the meaning ????is this "Kwai Fong".      

31#
發表於 07-4-27 21:16 |只看該作者

Dear Kakaya,

Sorry for making a query like this.

"gai fong" means街坊. Band 1, famous in our area, not 傳統名校. But the students are brought up good , disciplined and polite. The result of secondary school allocation is good. The standard of the student is very high.

Regards,

yeungss

32#
發表於 07-4-30 12:43 |只看該作者

American International School (AIS)的 Grade 1 Junior 是否等於K3呢?可否抽教育處的小一入學表格呢?
hw4388 寫道:
To Kakaya:

兒子由local K2轉到American International School (AIS)就讀 Grade 1 Junior, 當年Australia Int’l School還在長沙長舊址。

AIS 沿用美國學制,學校假期也跟本地學校頗相似,而Aus IS則跟隨澳洲學制及假期,,因此放假期間有所不同。

大多IS除了要求老師是degree holder外, 還另加教育文憑, 這點可在各大IS website中查看。

AIS Kindergarten入學不用考試,只是見見面便可。但越高年級插班則要求有相對的英語水平。就讀IS既小朋友由於沒有做功課壓力,他們大多有(被鼓勵)閱讀課外書本既習惯。小朋友間會互相介紹近期熱門系列,學校也鼓勵互相交换圖書。

据知 AIS、Aus IS及EFS也不用在入學時購買學卷及付建設利息。

33#
發表於 07-4-30 12:44 |只看該作者

THANK YOU NOT AT ALL!
yeungss 寫道:
Dear Kakaya,

Sorry for making a query like this.

"gai fong" means街坊. Band 1, famous in our area, not 傳統名校. But the students are brought up good , disciplined and polite. The result of secondary school allocation is good. The standard of the student is very high.

Regards,

yeungss
‹ 上一主題|下一主題