any comments?

2#
發表於 05-8-10 08:26 |只看該作者

Re: Kornhill Int'l Nursery N1

3#
發表於 05-8-10 08:40 |只看該作者

Hello zenith,

My son will start his nursery school life at Kornhill Int'l next Tuesday.  I chose this one mainly because we are living in Kornhill.  Moreover, I learnt from a Mommy (I met her several times in playgroup) that Kornhill Int'l Nursery is very good.  Her son was studying in Kornhill at that time.  However, I didn't have the chance to ask the details as we were both in hurry at the time we met.

Maybe, I can give you more comments after next Tuesday.

4#
發表於 05-8-10 09:08 |只看該作者

Hi, nicnicchu,

I'm also living in Kornhill! i've got several schools in mind for N1, namely Victoria, Kornhill and CKS (so chit).  I learnt from BK that Kornhill has a comparatively small size class, and the class is conducted in full English.  I love its environment too.  

look forward to hearing your comments soon!

醒目開學勳章

5#
發表於 05-8-10 09:42 |只看該作者

zenith & nicnicchu

我都考慮緊比個仔讀 Victoria 或 Kornhill 既 N1,請問幾時要
我鐘意你同我講 I Love U, I Love U Too!You're my sunshine. My only sunshine. U make me happy when skies are grey. You'll never know dear. How much I Love U. Please don't take my sunshine away.

6#
發表於 05-8-10 12:11 |只看該作者

esmehouse, Victoria 會係10月到派表,而Kornhill Int'l係隨報名都得的,他的websit 有application form download而且仲唔使interview,只要他們有位就收架...

zenith & nicnicchu, 我都考慮俾我個仔讀Kornhill, look forward to hearing from your comments about this nursery.

7#
發表於 05-8-10 15:51 |只看該作者

Do they have website?  The nursery is full day, right?  How much is it and what are the teaching methodlogy...e.g. Project Approach, Phoneic.......

Sorry for asking too many questions.

8#
發表於 05-8-10 17:12 |只看該作者

it seems if Kornhill does not require interview, it is not too competitive...  what is the website?
HELLO!

9#
發表於 05-8-10 17:16 |只看該作者

esmehouse,

Kornhill Int'l said the application for next year N1 is available in coming October/Nov.  For Victoria's PN, the application forms will be distributed in the playgroup in October.  

u may visit the below link for details

Kornhill Int'l Nursery

10#
發表於 05-8-10 17:25 |只看該作者

Also, I see most of the kids (almost all!) attending this school (should be attending the "Japanese section" of kinder) are Japanese and hardly see the Chinese.  I'm not sure how many local students are in N1.  Does anyone know what's the mix of students in N1?  i.e. local, Japs, other countries?

11#
發表於 05-8-10 17:56 |只看該作者

Since my son was at K1 at Kornhill Int'l class, I've chance to actually observe the teachers and facilities there more often.  The teachers are all very nice, the helpers are polit and always wear smile on their faces.  The school is not a big one but I think teacher's quality comes first.  In fact, I've talked to Ms. Un, the supervisor & the teacher of the Nursery class and asked about the enrollment as I want my daughter to take the nursery class next yr 2006 Sept.  She said they start accepting application in Nov but it is almost fully reserved.  So, I think they accept students on a 1-come-1-serve basis.  I am not sure if they do not need interview but what you can see & know the kids when they are only one or two years old.  Website is:

http://www.kornhill-edu.com/

醒目開學勳章

12#
發表於 05-8-10 18:05 |只看該作者

zenith 寫道:
esmehouse,

Kornhill Int'l said the application for next year N1 is available in coming October/Nov.  For Victoria's PN, the application forms will be distributed in the playgroup in October.  

u may visit the below link for details

Kornhill Int'l Nursery

唔該你呀
我鐘意你同我講 I Love U, I Love U Too!You're my sunshine. My only sunshine. U make me happy when skies are grey. You'll never know dear. How much I Love U. Please don't take my sunshine away.

13#
發表於 05-8-10 18:16 |只看該作者

rubyyy,

Thanks for your sharing!  I need to action now lar!  hope my daughter will be in the same class with your daughter next year!

14#
發表於 05-8-10 18:25 |只看該作者

rubyyy,

That means you've sent your application already or will apply in Nov?

15#
發表於 05-8-10 20:47 |只看該作者

My sister plans to apply her girl in this kindergarten as well.  Anyone can tell what primary schools their students normally go after K3?  Also, are their teachers native English speaker?

Thanks in advance!

16#
發表於 05-8-11 09:13 |只看該作者

Dear all,

I visited the schoool last Nov and applied for the nursery this April.  In between, I also looked for other nursery but there is not many choices in the area.   

As I know, there is only one nursery class in Kornhill Kindergarten.  It is conducted in english.  The nursery students are not all Japanese.  There are local students and some foreign students.  In addition to Ms. Cheung (the head teacher), there is another junior teacher in the class, who is a local chinese.  If your kids are not get used to english, she can help.

For half day nursery, the fee is HK$3,100 per month (12 months per year).    School uniform costs 4 hundreds something, and miscellanous fee is about 7 hundreds something per semester.

For K1, there are classes for local students (i.e. not the international section) as my friend's son also attended the K1 there.  I don't know which primary schools that the graduates usually go to.  However, I will try to ask the teachers next tuesday.

Hope the above information are helpful to you all.      

17#
發表於 05-8-11 10:38 |只看該作者

[quote]
esmehouse 寫道:
zenith & nicnicchu

我都考慮緊比個仔讀 Victoria 或 Kornhill 既 N1,請問幾時要
桐桐於9月20日出世 歡迎參觀桐桐的網頁

18#
發表於 05-8-11 11:45 |只看該作者

Dear Zenith,

Sorry I should correct what I wrote: the class is fully reserved" I mean the class will be filled up very quickly but not really can be reserved.  As there are only 2 nursery classes (am & pm) w/ max. 14 students & 2 teachers in each class.  Since my son is a current student & I will try to submit early to see if they will accept my application.  It is a good school & I hope my daughter can be w/ yours next yr.

19#
發表於 05-8-11 12:45 |只看該作者

rubyyy,

oic   Then you're a lucky one can be reserved earlier than us!  Do update us for the application

nicnicchu,

Thanks for the sharing!  It's good to have teacher speaking Cantonese who can help kids adapt the school life easier.  Apart from learning English, my daughter may learn the Japanese language from her schoolmates-to-be!  

20#
發表於 05-8-11 19:43 |只看該作者

Thanks nicnicchu.  Should you know which primary their students usually could go, please do update us!  Sounds like their environment is good and I do want to consider it for my girl too if their students could go to some good primary school!  Also, how's their Chinese standard?  I mean read & write.  Thanks!
‹ 上一主題|下一主題