教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 約克幼稚園和又一村學校邊間較好?
查看: 2663|回覆: 20
go

約克幼稚園和又一村學校邊間較好? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 04-11-16 19:41 |只看該作者

約克幼稚園和又一村學校邊間較好?

all mum,

明天就要比約克留位費了, 但我仍然諗唔掂, 因為今日收到又一村學校的信取錄左樂賢, 又要比留位費, 其實這兩間都是我的後備, 所以我都唔知報邊間?
[size=large]Jennice

2#
發表於 04-11-16 20:22 |只看該作者

Re: 約克幼稚園和又一村學校邊間較好?

If I were you,我會揀約克,雖然校舍冇又一村咁靚,但論課程,應該係約克優勝!又一村程度好淺,升上小學會幾吃力!

3#
發表於 04-11-16 20:25 |只看該作者

cherriemama,

多謝你的意見.
[size=large]Jennice

4#
發表於 04-11-17 00:14 |只看該作者

Can any one give me some more comment?
[size=large]Jennice

5#
發表於 04-11-17 02:34 |只看該作者

Hi Jennice,

Although both school has accepted my son and I finally chose Yau Yat Chuen and paid the registration fee. However, many BK mommys said their education levels is a bit simple. I guess because they adopt 活動教學. So, I think I will give up this school. For York Kindergarten, it is no doubt that their education level is better than YYC although their environment is not as good as YYC. Therefore, I am now feel a bit 後悔 that I have chosen YYC.

Gordon ma

6#
發表於 04-11-17 18:14 |只看該作者

其實都唔係既,我個囡囡都係到讀得好開心...先生都好nice仲好關心小朋友,知道個別小朋友的不同需要,而且今年我囡囡仲被學校挑選出外參加校外英文歌唱比賽添     
雖然上年k1無咁多字寫,不過今年k2就唔同啦...佢地基礎好英文程度一d都唔弱,個囡番黎成日同我講英文,我都估唔到佢學得咁快....所以基礎好緊要。
我都有問過d高班家長,佢地話到k3程度仲高好多,所以我都唔擔心...仲有我個friend個囝囝剛剛係york轉左過黎,就係因為d先生唔係咁關心佢個囝,又咁多功課,一提起做功課就喊...唉 :cry:  :cry:

7#
發表於 04-11-17 20:07 |只看該作者

waiyeemum,
I and my hubby love Yau Yat Chuen very much.  Not only because of their environment but also their teachers ,principal, the lady works in the office & even the men & women who clean the school.  They are very nice and polite.  And I'm impressed with the list of snack / lunch they provided for their students !! I think children grow in this kind of environment will learn from these people not only the knowledge but also the way they live with others in the society. However, we are worried about whether student from YYC could go to the famous Primary Schools or not.  Would you please give me some information about this? Thanks.
:wave:

8#
發表於 04-11-18 00:38 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽
簽名被屏蔽

9#
發表於 04-11-18 10:25 |只看該作者

vivi_chan,
你小朋友讀邊間小學?知York多數升邊間小學?我而家都煩緊,要係施德福及York choose,2間都係我後備.

10#
發表於 04-11-18 10:37 |只看該作者

vivi_chan

以上2間我都被取錄,我只係比左留位費York,而施德福我就唔打算比,我覺得施德福仲係一間好新既學校,York比較穩陣D.雖然係同一基構,而且校舍好細

appleycma

11#
發表於 04-11-18 11:05 |只看該作者

我都係比
[[img align=left]http://mud.mm-a4.yimg.com/image/1006670551[/img]

醒目開學勳章

12#
發表於 04-11-18 17:49 |只看該作者

我都付了留位費, D老師都幾NICE.

13#
發表於 04-11-18 22:18 |只看該作者

I think it is not fair to compare two kindergarten, as both kindergarten has different approaches of teaching.

York is a traditional type of school, they have the ranking for thier children, You will feel good if you child is a smart child becasue he/she can come out as first, second or third in the class.

YYC is a project approach school, children over there are happy, and they assess their children base on the assessment week.

As my friend is a private English teacher, she said both York and YYC children English standard are quite the same.
Think about the reality that there is over 1000 graduates from SC and Kentville, DO you think they all accepted by LaSalle, DPS, DBS, DGJS and MCS.So you should select the right kindergarten for your child instead just asking "Is this kindergarten's English good??", "what primary school does the graduate usually accepted?".

I

14#
發表於 04-11-19 15:51 |只看該作者

godzillap,

YYC入小學的情況都唔錯架,我接我囡囡放學時見到學校POST左張分析圖,都見到有好多好學校架     
間間都係我心儀小學,如果我囡囡入讀就開心啦      

15#
發表於 04-11-19 16:42 |只看該作者

Waiyeemum,

Can I have more details on this?  What school are they??

Many thanks
Gordon ma

waiyeemum 寫道:
godzillap,

YYC入小學的情況都唔錯架,我接我囡囡放學時見到學校POST左張分析圖,都見到有好多好學校架     
間間都係我心儀小學,如果我囡囡入讀就開心啦      

16#
發表於 04-11-19 23:14 |只看該作者

Adrianmama
I agree.  However, I have no idea which kind of school will be fit for my son.  I think I am not a professional person to really know what kind of Kinder would I choose for him.  Could you share your experience? Thanks.
Waiyeema
Thanks.  Would you please give me some more information about YYC -- pros & cons please.  Thanks.

17#
發表於 04-11-20 00:04 |只看該作者

godzillap,

I try to tell you the information that I heard from my frined:
You should understand your child more than me, so that you may ask yourself couple questions, such as whether your child is a sit-still child, active child?  Do you want to let him to start a bit of challenge when he is 4/5? Can he handle lots of homework? Does he fit in the spoon-fitting school?

I think if your child is a sit-still child, and like to do homework himself, can accept the ranking in the class.. then you can choose York. York uses letterland system as the way for English teaching, but they sort of teach the children about the phonics concept. My friend's son need extra letterland lesson (K3) in order to keep him memory Letterland. So I'm not sure what happens from K2 - K3. Teacher there are really set up expectation of the child, if your child is a shy child, they will tell you that he is too quite and shy at class.

As YYC is an active approach kindergarten, no dictation, no exam, but they have lots of activities offered to the student, so that they may spend 10-20% of the teaching time on some events, such as birthday party, singing competition, fashion Parade, outings... YYC also teaches children phonics, but they just use normal phonics system and does not adhere any phonics systems (such as Jolly, letterland). Teacher at YYC are very positivethey will tell you that you kid preform very well most of the time.

I'm not sure about what kinds of primary school of York's studends admitted. As my friend's elder son admitted to a so-so primary school by central allocation, but he passed the entrance exam of  Methodist when whe was as P2, so I think the foundation of York student is not too bad.

YYC has proactive helping K3 students to select primary school, They keep on providing advice to parent what is the best primary school for the kid. I headr the central allocation results was very good in the last couple years.  I heard about that a YYC girl who was aloocated to a a very so-so school by central allocation, She has admitted to MCS at P2's by taking MCS Entrance exam, so it also means the foundation fo the child at YYC is also quite good.

So it is not a easy decision!!

18#
發表於 04-11-20 00:18 |只看該作者

Adrianmama
Many thanks for your informative & professional comments.  

19#
發表於 04-11-20 02:53 |只看該作者

Don't worry.  If you change your mind, you can just call York and tell them that you want to re-consider the school again.  I know a girl who was admitted to York when her parents called York in last August.   Actually, York accepts every candidate.  Don't worry!!!! Did you meet the headmaster?  She is just like a sales person!!!  You don't have to make a decision now.  Take you time and get more advice first.  If you decide to go to York, just give them a call.  

I also like YYC very much.  And I paid the registration fee also.  I went to SC, York, YYC, Tsung Tsin.  And I like YYC the best.  And this is the only kinder that I have paid registration fee till now.  

20#
發表於 04-11-20 17:53 |只看該作者

Hi StellaBB,

Same as you la.  YYC is also the only school I had registered.  I really like the environment so as my son but don't know whether our kids would have the chance to be classmate/schoolmate??

Gordon ma

StellaBB 寫道:
Don't worry.  If you change your mind, you can just call York and tell them that you want to re-consider the school again.  I know a girl who was admitted to York when her parents called York in last August.   Actually, York accepts every candidate.  Don't worry!!!! Did you meet the headmaster?  She is just like a sales person!!!  You don't have to make a decision now.  Take you time and get more advice first.  If you decide to go to York, just give them a call.  

I also like YYC very much.  And I paid the registration fee also.  I went to SC, York, YYC, Tsung Tsin.  And I like YYC the best.  And this is the only kinder that I have paid registration fee till now.  
‹ 上一主題|下一主題