用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 囝囝由英轉中,現準備返int'school的K1,又到要學英文而 ...
發新帖
查看: 6031|回覆: 3
go

囝囝由英轉中,現準備返int'school的K1,又到要學英文而煩惱 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 11-7-26 21:54 |顯示全部帖子
Relax! Your article makes me nervous and your kid would feel the same. Lagging behind is not a big deal. Enjoy every moment. Your kid is only in k1 

2#
發表於 11-8-2 09:40 |顯示全部帖子
Agree.  However, good English is the very first step.  Some IS would set some more criteria during the interview: Is the kid responsive to the instruction, is he polite, easy-going, good temper and even knowledgeable.  It's highly competitive.

原帖由 WYmom 於 11-8-1 10:30 發表

IS require students to have good English skills before joining the school because they use English to teach all subjects, target students are native English kids who are able to learn using English. ...

3#
發表於 11-8-3 16:09 |顯示全部帖子
However, my son and his classmates (Total 6 kids from Victoria, HMT) had attended interview for Year One admission 3 years ago, they all passed and got the straight in offer from ESF (Shatin Junior, Beacon Hill and RC)

原帖由 Brisingr 於 11-8-3 16:05 發表
I don't know which Eng/ mandarin PN you are referring. However, for those so called bilingual PN or kindergarten, it usually cannot provide a sufficient English environment for a young kid to build up ...

4#
發表於 11-8-4 09:50 |顯示全部帖子
suzanlai,
When I filled the form, I thought I put my boy into Cat. 2, ie. he could manage both cantonese and english. And he was in Eng/Cantonese class of Victoria.  Then he was admitted to RC.
For the other classmates, one was in Eng/Mandarin class and the others were in Eng/Cantonese class. However, I'm not sure how the parents filled the form for their kids.
"Accent" is not a big concern of IS. Don't bother about the filipino english only if they could communicate well. There are teachers from India, Philippine, Australia, New Zealand, America, Canada, Japan, Korea, UK and etc. Think wide and be smart.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題