用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 囝囝由英轉中,現準備返int'school的K1,又到要學英文而 ...
查看: 5973|回覆: 44
go

囝囝由英轉中,現準備返int'school的K1,又到要學英文而煩惱

發表於 11-7-26 15:28 |顯示全部帖子
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

發表於 11-7-26 21:54 |顯示全部帖子
Relax! Your article makes me nervous and your kid would feel the same. Lagging behind is not a big deal. Enjoy every moment. Your kid is only in k1 

發表於 11-7-26 23:05 |顯示全部帖子
放鬆D啦!  一般國際學校都比學生很多空間發展。

發表於 11-7-27 00:05 |顯示全部帖子

發表於 11-7-27 05:10 |顯示全部帖子
cuteb,
我從小跟大兒子用英語溝通,上到一間英普KINDER既PRE NURSERY先發現佢有語言遲緩,最後我選擇咗入讀中文兼收幼稚園,再加上我改用全廣東話同佢溝通,中文特飛猛進,短短幾個月,已追返同齡水平.

致於英文,我停了足足一年半,之後再讓他聽CD及上外面的CENTRE,老師說他基本上100%聽懂,但說可能沒有那麼流利.

二兒子從小說廣東話,返英普班,他基本上聽明廣東話,只是字庫比較差,說話沒有大兒子的精.英文溝通能力OK.他的同學家中是全英語溝通,結果中文水平被評慢了一年,同學家長也不覺得有什麼問題.

所以,我覺得你不要過份操心,小孩語言發展有快有慢,但若你選擇了英文為他的母語,他的中文相對一定較差.小朋友上幼稚園所學的東西不多,但若他身邊的同學都以英語為溝通語言,他的英語說話能力一定倍增.你可以先觀察小朋友的表現到時再決定是否需要做密集的st.

發表於 11-7-27 08:16 |顯示全部帖子
relex relex

發表於 11-7-27 14:47 |顯示全部帖子
我經驗分享:

1)  我用本地EE湊, 貴但原來好值, B不夠兩歲已流利廣東話, 好處:  B表達到自己, 大家溝通好,B自然好有安全感,  好乖、好懂事。
2)  到IS上playgroup時,  我以為死啦,  點解D家長和他們的B英文這樣好, D賓的英文都好過我
3) 結果: B上nursey時,  不用3個月,已學會一口BB'英文',  同D鬼仔一齊玩。相比有些鬼仔,  重未識講野。

BB跟BB學是最有效,  我同佢D鬼仔同學傾,  佢地唔明我, 我都要找呀B做翻譯。

所以,應打好母語底 , 才是學英文的秘訣!

發表於 11-7-27 19:24 |顯示全部帖子
應打好母語底 , 才是學英文的秘訣!
It's more than true!

發表於 11-7-27 22:28 |顯示全部帖子
It was easy to discover many children have language delay when I brought my kid to playgroups or playground from time to time.  I found those children having language delay were taught to use English as 1st language by non native English speaker.  Their parents couldn’t speak fluent and spoken English to express things or their feelings naturally.  It affects children to develop language and cognitive abilities a lot.

You’d better communicate with your kid with your mother language and get him to English courses by NET for better training.

發表於 11-7-27 22:31 |顯示全部帖子
我以為男孩說話慢,三歲前不大說話的。我的孩子上了N 班幾個月才開始講話,面試時不出聲,大了話多得恨不得把咀縫起來。先學好一種語言才學另一語言的說法我很贊同。

發表於 11-7-27 23:44 |顯示全部帖子

發表於 11-7-28 00:07 |顯示全部帖子

發表於 11-7-28 13:08 |顯示全部帖子
怒我直言,你要輕鬆下:需要
1)  緊張孩子英語錯,攪到只對孩子講英文
2)  緊張孩子語言混亂,  攪到孩子要見專家和上改善課程
3)  緊張孩子冇學校收,攪到一早就找IS付學費
4)  現在還緊張到Year 12?  你孩子連學都未入?

3 歲孩子需要安全感,所以好喜歡有規律的生活!現他連表達自己,與你們溝通都有困難,已 好影響他的安全感,你還要他上去見專家,甚麼班, 一大堆'新'事物,換上是你,如公司每日沒有給你特定的工作和位置,又唔太明老闆D話,你都會好不安。

發表於 11-7-28 13:14 |顯示全部帖子
I agree with the other parents that it is better for the child to learn its mother tongue. Now that your child is catching up with his Cantonese, it sounds like great time to talk to him in both languages at home. e.g. Certain period of time only English such as reading English stories or playing games and most of the time in Cantonese only.

The downside for non-native parents to speak only English to their child is that the child will learn  limited vocabulary and sentence structures which in turn will limit his ability in comprehension as he moves to higher grades in primary schools.  

My friend's son is such a case. He is still in lower primary of a bilingual DSS but he seems to lack behind his peers in understanding what other people are talking about no matter in Chinese or English.

If you have time, try reading English story books to him or listen to English stories with him. The Oxford Reading Tree (with CD) are great. For Chinese, you may try 我愛讀叢書 from Greenfield. You may look at the link below. The CD contains both Cantonese and Mandarin tracks for the same stories.
http://www.greenfieldhk.com/product.php?product_age_pkey=1&product_cat_pkey=1&pkey=16&search=&search_isbn=&search_author=&product_publisher_pkey=&product_pg=1

Both series will help build your child's vocabularies while the stories are interesting to read.
Continuous exposure to a language is important for a kid to learn a language well. Don't worry about speech delay. Each child learn differently and at his own pace. If you can persist to read with him every day and follow his interest to select books that he likes e.g. themes of cars, trains, animals..etc. from the library, he will love reading and catch up soon.

Hope it helps.

[ 本帖最後由 JTmom 於 11-7-28 13:18 編輯 ]

發表於 11-7-28 15:00 |顯示全部帖子

發表於 11-7-28 16:24 |顯示全部帖子
是我不好意思,太直接了。 不過你只是兩年前的我。

1)
BB,
冇叻唔叻, 叻就係懂自己食、廁、瞓 ,
外國B有很高的自理能力, 他們屋企有許多小朋友設備,讓小朋友許多事可自己攪點。

2)
我呀B 2歲半已定時瞓、 自己食和去廁所,
這是許多BK parents Dream BB.

3)
你上IS時,就會驚訝外國B的自理能力,
當年我唔識搓cookie,
D
外國B主動幫我, 重幫我做完tidy up器具

4)
只要你多D同呀B講野 (EE會一路做家務,一路介紹及問呀B意見,
好攪笑),

5)
重有,生活要好有規律, 我呀B 佢好有自信,
佢唔識睇鐘, 但完全知每日幾時要做mud, 幾時去公園,
B 佢以為生活盡在掌握之中, 好攪笑

6)
湊仔冇專家playgroup訓練甚麼大小肌肉,語言、認字,就好像你只對呀B講英文一樣:
拔苗助長

7)
因材施教,就是management of change,
你觀察B的轉變,懂得應變就夠,
並不是帶著他,否則就是直升機家長

8)
待你觀察到呀B學術興趣和能力,
才考慮grade 12吧! 哈哈!

發表於 11-7-30 14:16 |顯示全部帖子
i have the same worry that my child cannot express well , my case is : i plan to send her in IS (the best she can get in), so i was communicating to her in english (i am not a Native speaker).  my husband speaks to her in cantonese (but he only get 1-2 hours max . daily to communicate with her). she is attending NET playgroups, and will attend ENG/PHT PN coming sept., i am afraid if i communicate to her in cantonese, she will not be as competitive during interviews of various IS, altho i am not targeting ESF as first priority, still most IS tend to pick childs who are high in english proficiency.

as i aware that using mother tongue is better as i can express myself better plus she can understand better, but in the sake of getting in those IS (i target CDNIS, GSIS.... or Renaissance, CIS etc), i doubt if i will switch to mother tongue as the medium of communication, her competitiveness will be low!

please comment!!

發表於 11-7-30 17:25 |顯示全部帖子
小朋友在學校, 佢會慢慢 pick up 在學校要用的 language, 佢知道要同老師 & 同學講英文, 佢會自動導航. 想佢快d pick up, 你可以比佢睇英文 cartoon, 佢地會好番學晒人地d tone, & 仲會學人地d 文化.

至於家長, 我覺得可以用番母語同小朋友溝通.

香港始終係一個講廣東話的社會. 讀國際學校的小朋友在'讀寫' 中文方面可能會比人學得慢, 但係在講方面, 我覺得要與人看齊, 要不然在街上唔見爸媽也不曉得求救就閉加火.

發表於 11-7-30 18:06 |顯示全部帖子

發表於 11-7-31 08:11 |顯示全部帖子

回復 1# cuteb 的帖子

就算是你想的那倆間,中學再去考也是可以的,聽過不少例子。還有好几年,努力啊!