用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 教育講場 轉為直資的英中名校,有何政策避免學校「貴族化」? ...
樓主: Mayandrew
go

轉為直資的英中名校,有何政策避免學校「貴族化」?   [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 13-6-4 15:38 |顯示全部帖子
回復 ANChan59 的帖子

But is money the real issue here?  With financial aid, this seems to be more about people's sense of insecurity or inadequacy rather than money.  And if parents are so concerned about their children's education, I assume they can do more than just fill in a couple of choices on a lottery form and actually take the time to go through a merits-based admission process and learn about financial aid?

今日佳句: 我以往也以為國際板的家長也有質素,但現在才知deal with 一些麻煩家長也不易!  

22#
發表於 13-6-4 21:36 |顯示全部帖子
回復 annie40 的帖子

I am sure they have their own considerations and in any event, I am also sure there is a fundamental difference in belief.  Will try hard not to judge, though stubbornness and irrational behaviors of parents continue to astound me in all socioeconomic classes.

23#
發表於 13-6-5 10:32 |顯示全部帖子
回復 囝囝爸 的帖子

But most charter schools are free?  I do like many aspects of a voucher system.  

24#
發表於 13-6-5 11:10 |顯示全部帖子
本帖最後由 HKTHK 於 13-6-5 11:10 編輯

回復 囝囝爸 的帖子

I think there are a few great charter schools but most cater to low income parents/neighbourhoods.  Their results are also quite mixed.  I have to think the lottery system is part of the reason.  I don't really like lottery system and would rather see merits based admission.

25#
發表於 13-6-5 12:57 |顯示全部帖子
回復 囝囝爸 的帖子

何者能更惠及主流廣眾?  I think it depends on which schools you are referring to.  For certain schools, 有教無類 should certainly be the objectives.  But for certain schools, other objectives should be allowed.  Reminds me of streaming children of different abilities in class.  Do you think children should be streamed then?  Especially in higher grades?  

點評

囝囝爸  「it depends、certain schools」、3 bands/5 bands,如何介定去說呢?  發表於 13-6-5 18:10

26#
發表於 13-6-5 13:15 |顯示全部帖子
回復 awah112 的帖子

The voucher system is not perfect either.  I am not sure the criticisms of this article is really the problem of voucher system though.  Looking at the criticisms,
- 難以追蹤學生的學習成果:  I am not sure this is such a bad thing.  Aren't there non-test based assessment factors that can be used such as high school graduation rate, college matriculation rate, standardized test scores towards end of high school, ....?  Also, isn't the beauty of a voucher system that parents are allowed to choose?  For those who want regular assessment and reporting, I am sure they can find such a school?  Homeschooling kids are not constantly tested either (even though some states require it).  But many do just fine.

- 管理不善甚至貪污:  I don't think a clear set of books and corruption are really a function of voucher system?  Just a matter of better oversight?

27#
發表於 13-6-5 17:32 |顯示全部帖子
本帖最後由 HKTHK 於 13-6-5 17:33 編輯

回復 ANChan59 的帖子

Yes, models are good.    Now that we have our "consultant" lay out the model.  Let's start asking questions.  What would an ideal school look like in each factor?  What about an ideal state with more than one types of schools?  How do we transition to the ideal school or state?

28#
發表於 13-6-5 17:40 |顯示全部帖子
回復 ANChan59 的帖子

It is also about the end states and not just the transitional pains!

29#
發表於 13-6-5 18:13 |顯示全部帖子
回復 囝囝爸 的帖子

"「it depends、certain schools」、3 bands/5 bands,如何介定去說呢?"

I actually am not concerned about the definition.  Rather, I just want to point out it should not be the objectives for ALL schools.

30#
發表於 13-6-5 18:43 |顯示全部帖子
回復 mirage 的帖子

Yes, some famous ones also dropped out of the voucher system!

31#
發表於 13-6-5 23:13 |顯示全部帖子
回復 lawsonmoon 的帖子

You claim to be smart.  Does need blind admission solve the current situation?  I am sure you will realize that it will make the situation worse once you manage to think through the implications.

32#
發表於 13-6-6 15:26 |顯示全部帖子
回復 lawsonmoon 的帖子

I don't know wor.  You said 5 years old cannot be effectively assessed.  So other than lucky draw or first come first serve?  What else can one do?

33#
發表於 13-6-6 15:56 |顯示全部帖子
回復 ANChan59 的帖子

I think many have focused on the potential reduction of educational "opportunities" but also forgot how highly unfair the current system is
‹ 上一主題|下一主題