發新帖
樓主: wahahaha
go

讀國際學校好唔好??? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 06-3-14 18:02 |顯示全部帖子

Re: 讀國際學校好唔好???

Hi Hoeve,

Totally agree with you and KaKaYa's point of view about teaching both language (English and Mandarine )to our kid.

My baby start from 10.5 month go to an international school. At that time we chose that mainly because we like thier dual language program. Each lesson they offer 45min English and 45min Mandarine. And at home, because we don't want the baby to have language confussion, we mainly speak English, except towards ourself (husband and wife).
With nearly 2 years pass, kid only pratice Mandarine at school, we speak English at home and weekend grandparent speak Cantonese. He cannot response in Cantonese!!! While all his teacher said that he is doing well both English and Mandarine at school, I am now in trouble trying to search for a Cantonese play group for him, because in Sept we want him to go to a good local school in the morning.  

I have a very tough time last Dec to decide what school he should go, international or local. Particular I don't want to 'waste' my effort of building him in English and Mandarine, but the choice is limited. Not much local have good native English, whereas most  international school have Mandarine starting K2. :evil: End up we decide to send him to local in the morning and continue his language (each day 1.5 hours) at his current international school in the afternoon.

Another factor: a lot of International school is good in language but is not strong in discipline. For me I beileve any time is more 'easy to loose' than tighten up a kid's discipline. Since my boy is quite strong character, my husband believe if we do not try hard to train his discipline while he is young, he can get very wild. Chinese is crucial for our kid in the future, but Chinese traditional discipline is also important if we want our kid not 'off' from our 'society'--Hong Kond still very much speak Cantonese, or too wild/ creative that elderly don't like their behavior. From my experience, a school with good blend of local discipline at earlier age is necessary .     

Just to share with all of you my 'tough' situtation, hopefully you all can find a suitable kinder for your lovely baby.    In my opinion, they are fill with energy, and they do enjoy 'busy' at early age, so 'study'/ play the whole day can be fun for them ...
‹ 上一主題|下一主題