用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 有無9月讀St.Teresa K1(kowloon tong) 
發新帖
樓主: shuen
go

有無9月讀St.Teresa K1(kowloon tong)  [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 04-5-24 19:39 |顯示全部帖子

Re: 有無9月讀St.Teresa K1(kowloon tong) 

No need to worry too much about writing. The school will teach the kids systematically.

They would give some worksheets for the kids to do in school. In fact I didn't specially teach my boy after school and he could manage pity well even he is the small boy in class.  He can now even point out that I'm not writing the chinese character correctly

The teachers are good and would ring you up to inform you about the progress of the kids at school and they always welcome you to ring them and talk to them before and after school.

My boy is now studying K2 in STS. He could now read and write many words.

So don't worry and don't press too much or the kids will be very scared about writing.

2#
發表於 04-5-27 01:05 |顯示全部帖子

shuen,

STS does emphasis English. There are english reading/story books, a variety of worksheets and english dictation every week. My boy does know a lot of vocab.

I also arrange my boy to take english course such that he could have a "more english" environment to polish his oral english.

To me, STS is a good kindergarten because the school emphasis self-discipline, conduct, humbleness which is equally important, if not more, to academic. I would say the attitude towards learning is important.

What is more important is that the teachers are willing to discuss with you in order to help your kids to resolve problems. This is really important as a kick off of school life.  

Regards,
toffeeli

3#
發表於 04-6-10 19:25 |顯示全部帖子

2000 mom,

As far as I understand, there should be no difference.

There is actually two teachers in each class of K2. One teacher is the class-mistress and the other is assisting. The teacher being the class-mistress in the AM session will be the assistant in the PM session and vice-versa.

Regards,
toffeeli

4#
發表於 04-6-11 18:28 |顯示全部帖子

2000 mum,

you are welcome!

Regards,
toffeeli

5#
發表於 04-7-29 09:23 |顯示全部帖子

Kevinmom,

You may phone the school Tel: 23363248. The ladies are very kind and they would answer you.

Regards,
toffeeli

6#
發表於 04-8-6 14:15 |顯示全部帖子

瀅瀅媽咪,

Yes.

toffeeli

7#
發表於 04-8-28 23:45 |顯示全部帖子

Today I attended the 家長會 for K3. There were some instances that the parents clapped their hands loudly when the Schoolmistress delivered for speech and answered the parents' questions.

Even though the school's primary section is going to close  and the students of K3 this year will be last batch to get into the primary sectionnext year, we still beiieve that the school and the teachers have a strong sense of responsibilites and commitment to provide the best for the students and maintain its high standard.

In these years, my husband and I strongly feel that STS is a real good school and we did make a good choice for our son. The teachers are caring and emphasize much on conduct. We can feel the school's mission in education and it is nothing for profit but indeed I think the Catholic church did sponsor the school. I would think that my son is lucky for being able to be a student of STS .  

8#
發表於 04-8-29 17:55 |顯示全部帖子

Hi, Longman,

Haven't talked to you for awhile.

Yes, it was Ms Fan giving the speech. Her speech was sincere and had an understanding of the parents' aworries. She answered every questions raised by the parents. I can feel her caring and concern as she always emphasize that "the children starting from the first day getting into STS are all her students and will always be her students" and that she would try her best to help.

I also understand the restrictions of the school. Just as Ms Fan said that the school only has two small houses plus a playground.  Yes, actually the honour of success of the school should be given to the teachers and the support of the Catholic church.

I learnt in this topic that your second kid will also be a student of STS. May I send my best wishes to your kids and your family.

Regards,
toffeeli  

9#
發表於 04-8-29 21:26 |顯示全部帖子

WaiMa,

Thanks for your blessing to the school. In fact, the school would still continue her mission in the kindergarten even the primary section will be closed.

Regards,
toffeeli

10#
發表於 04-10-4 21:48 |顯示全部帖子

Shuen,

The school will arrange the birthday party on the same date together with the halloween. If you check the diary, you would see the date. I think it is 29 Oct this year. The children could dress up for the halloween. There will be some photo taking.

Regards,
toffeeli

11#
發表於 04-11-9 09:58 |顯示全部帖子

各位媽咪好!

好耐無來看這題目,原來你們的小朋巳開始寫字了!想起以前自己都好緊張,也想同大家分享我小小經驗。

我當年也像kamen一樣多D鼓勵,很有用,我會先在白板叫囝囝寫一兩次(寫白板唔駛咁用力,又似老師),寫得正確然後先落筆做公課,就唔駛擦咁多。

如果有一兩個寫得唔好,都等寫完同佢一齊檢查,叫佢自己話邊個唔好,盡量用說笑形式同佢找唔好的字,例如A字,你可以話"點解一只腳短D,A字咪會企唔穩?..."

過得幾次先生有多幾張sticker獎,佢就好開心。

如果佢好快完功課,就馬上同佢玩

12#