搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 SKH Wei Lun Primary School in Discovery Bay
發新帖
查看: 1364|回覆: 1
go

SKH Wei Lun Primary School in Discovery Bay [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 16-3-15 13:38 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
Hi, any comments for this local Chinese government school in Discovery Bay?

- is it a lot of homework? around how long does it take to complete the homework per day?
- how is the quality of the students?
- I undertand that there are around 20% foreigners or mixed kids. What's the main playground language (cantonese, english or mandarin)?
- any comments about this school? good / bad / average?
- do most students get into band 1 / 2 secondary schools?
- does it offer a happy learning environment,  or is it a lot of drilling and copy book type of exercise?

Thank you.

1    0    0    0

2#
發表於 16-3-20 08:48 |只看該作者
Learning Chinese is in general more difficult than learning English in terms of writing and memorizing Chinese characters. Wei Lun using Chinese as medium of instruction can enable my kid to learn Chinese better than other international primary schools. As there are around 20% non-local students in Wei Lun, kids often talk to others in English and Mandarin.

My kid can finish most of his homework at school, thus he has plenty of free time to play everyday. Wei Lun has two assessments and two examination (for Eng, Chi, Math and Gen study) each year. The examinations and assessments do not seem to be difficult. Instead, the Chinese dictations (conducting every two weeks) are more difficult. If kids do not prepare well, zero mark is not possible.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題