搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 朗思美孚VS 明慧(Prince Edward)
發新帖
查看: 1673|回覆: 11
go

朗思美孚VS 明慧(Prince Edward) [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 15-4-15 22:03 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
Anyone has any thoughts of these two schools for PN class - english/Chinese language environment, emphasis on activities/motor skills, campus, are teachers caring and how many students in one class?
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 15-4-16 09:48 |只看該作者

引用:Anyone+has+any+thoughts+of+these+two+sch

原帖由 pushar 於 15-04-15 發表
Anyone has any thoughts of these two schools for PN class - english/Chinese language environment, em ...
My baby got offer from these nursery too , but I gave up THINK ....
Also want to know what you asked , push!

3#
發表於 15-4-16 09:59 |只看該作者
我兩間都有OFFER, 不過THINK 係PM, 明慧係AM, 但我都應該放棄明慧, 因為遠左D都係想選番間近D

4#
發表於 15-4-16 10:03 |只看該作者
I have called Think several times to ask about English Playgroup and PN class etc and feel their staff is not very caring. They are always in a hurry to hang up the phone. I am afraid this school is commercial and not caring to children (i.e very hurry). The campus is also very old already.

That is why I want to know more about the teachers who teach PN etc.

5#
發表於 15-4-16 10:06 |只看該作者
Kayley: May I know why you gave up Think?
Moledy: I also got PM class for Think.

6#
發表於 15-4-16 10:22 |只看該作者
pushar 發表於 15-4-16 10:03
I have called Think several times to ask about English Playgroup and PN class etc and feel their sta ...
I've been attending Think Sat pg since last Sept.  The NET teachers are very good and the staff are nice.  Things are well organized and it doesn't sound very commercial to me.  Not sure why the staff who picked up your call was in a rush to hang up, but usually they are ok (I won't say they're super nice).  About the campus, yes, it's a bit old and small, but I don't think Ming Wai campus is any better than Think.
Mei Foo Think's NET teachers are mostly from UK, but this is not the case in Ming Wai from what I observed during interview.

Btw, i'm not choosing both of them, just comment based on my personal feelings.

7#
發表於 15-4-16 10:49 |只看該作者
Hi Ensy, thank-you very much for your comments! They are very encouraging. I actually live in Mei Foo so of course prefer a school closer to me (than Ming Wai which is in PE). But I was a bit held back by the staff's attitude when I called them regarding various matters.

How is the Sat playgroup btw?

Will you son/daughter attend Think PN later on? Do you know the student: teacher ratio at Think (or Ming Wai)?

8#
發表於 15-4-16 11:38 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 ensy 於 15-4-16 13:44 編輯
pushar 發表於 15-4-16 10:49
Hi Ensy, thank-you very much for your comments! They are very encouraging. I actually live in Mei Fo ...

Yeah, the staff are not super friendly, they’re generally helpful but may not wear a smile all the time. But the teachers are nice, don’t worry!

The Sat playgroup is ok, just like most of the playgroups out there.  But it fits my schedule and I want my gal to get used to the kinder atmosphere, plus it’s led by its own NET teachers, so I continue.

We didn’t get an offer from Think, not even a waiting call!  In a sense, the school is fair because my gal didn’t do well during the interview (almost the worse amongst all the interviews attended).  Luckily we got a better offer now, so the playgroup may help…

I don’t know about the exact ratio in Ming Wai, but other Think parents told me it’s about 1:10 in Think.

One thing though, most Think students will change to full-day starting K1, and I’ve heard that the school really encourages full-day.  You may consider this factor if you would like to stay from PN-K3.

9#
發表於 15-4-16 11:52 |只看該作者
Ensy - thanks alot for your sharing. So seems the playgroup is not bad. I didn't try because I wanted to try others like ESF. Do you know if Think playgroup has summer term classes from July-Aug?

My son is a small b which is why he couldn't apply to many of the schools as applications aren't even accepted!

So far, Think just called to give him a place in afternoon and also Ling Liang (Lai Chi Kok) may have a chance so I am considering between all these three choices. Would you happen to know anything about Ling Liang near Mei Foo?

10#
發表於 15-4-16 13:39 |只看該作者
回覆 pushar 的帖子

Our current playgroup ends in June, not sure about July/Aug... Why don't you join now?  We just began our term last Sat...

I gave up LLC too... It's a really good school I think, but it's too new and their English program is not strong enough.  It really depends on what you're looking for, both Think and LLC are good choices.  Are you going to try other schools for K1 or repeat PN?  

11#
發表於 15-4-16 15:01 |只看該作者

引用:Kayley:+May+I+know+why+you+gave+up+Think

原帖由 pushar 於 15-04-16 發表
Kayley: May I know why you gave up Think?
Moledy: I also got PM class for Think.
First of all, MW near my home (big concern, I dun want to have a long travel time for my baby)
Secondly , my friend's girl studied PN in MW in 2013, she enjoyed her study life there . Her English is pretty good  . She then got SC and Victoria for K1 .  ( so it make me think MW not bad)

For THINK , after interview : 1/4 chance to have offer , total 97 students for PN
For Ming Wai : I don't know the chance to have offer , but total around 6-7 classes for PN and around 23 students per class)

12#
發表於 15-4-16 17:03 |只看該作者
Ensy: Yes I have exactly the same concern as you re LL because it seems to be an all-Canto nursery. Yet I know their teaching method is activities based and should be a happy school plus it has a very nice campus. That is why I need to know more about Think as well because besides the language is bilingual, I don't know whether it is activities based, has caring teachers etc.

I have just enrolled in ESF Sat playgroup so can't join Think. Think's fees are quite pricey (for that kind of campus) so I didn't know if it was worth it.

Kayley: I see. Yes being near to home is a big plus considering that the kids are still so young. MW has so many classes?? Seems so crowded. I have have a friend's daugther and son studying at MW and again says they have a happy time.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題