搜索
教育王國 討論區 課外活動 Enopi VS A+ Mathnasium
發新帖
查看: 7428|回覆: 12
go

Enopi VS A+ Mathnasium [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 14-3-11 13:37 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
小朋友而家K2, 想同佢報數學班, 想問下有俾小朋友讀過呢兩間的媽媽, 佢地上堂係點教呢? 會唔會似補習形式? 定係會教點思考? 謝謝!!
   10    0    0    0

2#
發表於 14-3-12 13:44 |只看該作者

3#
發表於 14-3-14 16:30 |只看該作者

4#
發表於 14-3-15 18:53 |只看該作者

回覆:Enopi VS A+ Mathnasium

我都想知有咩分別

5#
發表於 14-3-16 00:16 |只看該作者
My daughter started with Kumon. Then we changed to Enopi. And then Math Monkey. and NOW finally Mathnasium.

In my opinion, Mathnasium is the BEST one for my kids. (my daughter and son now both go) I have referred her classmates as well.

It depends on your child. Enopi and Kumon are good for kids who are very obedient, likes routine, likes same rote method learning.

My kids hated it. They got so bored and sick of doing the repetitive homework, by 6 months, we were having a war at home trying to get them to do the homework. My daughter at one point, picked up the booklet and ripped in half and threw in the garbage can. She said it's so stupid that she has to keep doing the same questions over and over again. A good point she made too, (even though she was only 7 years old then)... said, why am I doing these homework when my school homework is harder than this, and no one is teaching me those. (She didn't understand the school math) I told many times to the Enopi and Kumon and Math Monkey teachers, but each time is without any change because all these systems are taught according to the SYSTEM, and not what the child needs.

For example, your child might be struggling in multiplication now. But Enopi says they are still doing level XX, and it's subtracting three numbers etc....

you can't skip ahead, you can't ask them to teach multiplication next lesson.

Mathnasium- was desperate. Just walked in and asked what it was. My kids went in for an assessment. It shocked me to death that my kids got only 22% out of 100. I said this was not possible.

Then they gave me a YEAR's worth of scheduled topics that my child was weak in.  The programme was tailored made for my child, and homework each week was reasonable.

Now, my kids have been there over 18 months. Asssessment recently is 98%. School math is caught up and going more advanced.

I am so glad we found Mathansium.

But.... it's not for every child. Maybe your child suits Kumon style. or Enopi Style. You have to judge for yourself what is best for your child.

Hope this helps.

6#
發表於 14-3-16 09:18 |只看該作者

回覆:Enopi VS A+ Mathnasium

我小朋友冇上過enopi, 所以比較唔到。

So far 佢只上過2間,數硏及Mathnasium, 可以分享下。

屋苑附近有齊enopi、 公文、數硏及Mathnasium, 佢K2下學期話鍾意計下數,所以開始去數硏,至K3尾佢已學晒local school小一課程及開始學小二課程,但數硏都係比較注重操練,每星期要做8份A3功課,即共32版A4練習,每次都要氹下氹下咁叫佢做。至升小一前就停咗,因為預佢讀小一會冇咁多時間,及唔想超前學校太多,怕佢冇心機上堂。

本地小學讀咗2個月後轉咗去國際學校year 2, 本以為都應該應付到,點知學校已教doubling and half, 最近教緊multiplication and simple division, 但坊間唔係咁多有趣英數練習,我又懶自己編製,所以又去搵數學班, 等佢keep 住做下,就揀咗mathnasium, 貪佢功課少,每星期只係6-8版A4,我小朋友做得好開心。報名之前做assessment只得53%, 我見佢出嗰個plan都配合到學校課程所以報咗試下,到而家只係上咗4堂,但佢教法同學校差唔多,例如加/減數都係用number chart而唔係列直式進位借位咁。大位數嘅half佢又教咗啲方法(我之前唔識教,只係俾一堆lego叫我小朋友慢慢分)

我每星期都會寫喺communication book話俾centre個老師聽學校做緊咩功課,佢就教番相關topics, 見我小朋友熟嗰啲佢好快帶過,唔係咁熟嗰啲就講解耐啲,又會有comments寫番喺communication book內,另我去接小朋友時又會同我講番進度。

喺數硏同Mathnasium我哋都遇著幾好嘅老師,但我覺得要揀一間合適嘅時候,始終都要睇番自己小朋友數學底子,同埋要考慮小朋友可應付額外校外功課/練習之時間,做得太辛苦的話,佢又可以吸收到幾多呢?

我唔係太aggressive, 佢能鞏固到基礎又能應付到學業就夠喇。

怕你長得太快,未及把你看仔細;怕你長得太慢,恨不得你快高長大

買得太多玩具,怕你會將佢哋四圍堆;買得太少玩具,又怕你會憨居居

7#
發表於 14-3-17 10:20 |只看該作者
回覆 Pianokc 的帖子

多謝你詳盡分享!!

咁enopi即係要你做夠指定數量先會俾你上level, 唔會見你識/熟就俾你上? 另外Mathnasism個教法係咪類似enopi既critical thinking? 同埋係咪英文教呢? 無中文?

其實我都考慮緊, 其實數學係咪要俾人教? 定其實自己買練習俾佢做都可以?

8#
發表於 14-3-17 10:26 |只看該作者
回覆 KarieWu 的帖子

多謝你既分享!!

我小朋友都係k2, 自己都試過教佢加減數, 好多時只係口頭問佢, 無話俾練習佢做, 其實mathnasium係咪會因應每個小朋友既程度佢編排教法? 咪佢一班有幾多人? 如果小朋友唔同教法咁點教? 同埋, k2下學期開始上合適嗎?  

9#
發表於 14-3-17 12:02 |只看該作者
回覆 PeggieLam 的帖子

My son's attended eye level (i.e. formerly known as enopi) for 8 months since the commencement of K2.  When he first attended the class, he could just count from number 1 to 20 in ascending order.  As such, he started eye level from level 2.  After 8 months up till now, he's able to do 2-digit + 2-digit addition and 2-digit - 2-digit subtraction.  Now, he's in level 10.  I feel very satisfied with his progress and that's purely the effort of eye level coz I don't have time to teach him maths and his kindergarten's math is relatively easy.  The syllabus of K2 is still at the level of counting from 1-20 and maths addition's not yet started.

10#
發表於 14-3-17 15:17 |只看該作者

回覆:PeggieLam 的帖子

之前問過導師,最多1對4,會將差唔多grade嘅編埋一班,但都好視乎時間是否適合。以我小朋友為例,佢上嗰節係1對3,其餘2個小朋友分別係local school p1及p2.
我唔係太清楚上課情況,但據我小朋友覆述,佢一去到老師會睇佢本communication book, 跟住再俾練習佢做。我小朋友會自己睇題目做,唔識佢一係問,一係停低咁老師就會教佢。老師話佢熟嗰啲約廿秒可做10題,所以一見我小朋友慢落嚟就知佢有嘢唔識。
我見佢每星期嘅功課,除咗係我話學校教緊嘅topics之外,仲有少少其他,相信都有跟番之前做完assessment 所出嘅plan. So far 每星期都有2版word problem共約6條題目。
我見同一時段另一張枱嘅導師教2位幼稚園學生,啲練習係彩色嘅。
幾時適合上數學班,其實好睇小朋友之興趣及需要。

11#
發表於 14-3-20 21:05 |只看該作者
KarieWu 發表於 14-3-16 09:18
我小朋友冇上過enopi, 所以比較唔到。

So far 佢只上過2間,數硏及Mathnasium, 可以分享下。
May I ask if Mathnasium is suitable for 4 year old K2 kids?  Is it too advanced for K2?

Would you advice that I start with Enopi and then move to Mathnasium?

12#
發表於 14-3-22 15:02 |只看該作者

回覆:picture 的帖子

My kid has never tried enopi so I can't compare or provide any comments.
For Mathnasium, kids will need to attend an assessment before enrollment so they can tailor a learning plan for the kids. It's nothing about "advanced" or not.

‹ 上一主題|下一主題