用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 My 18 mths girl only communicates in English, is the ...
發新帖
查看: 877|回覆: 4
go

My 18 mths girl only communicates in English, is there a problem with her K [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 05-3-6 20:11 |只看該作者

My 18 mths girl only communicates in English, is there a problem with her K1 int

Will it be OK to ask the principals / teachers to give her questions in English during the interviews?  

Can any parent tell me whether kindergardens such as St. Cat, Kentville, Creative Primary School Kinder, HK Preschool, St. Nicholas, conduct their interviews in Chinese or English or mix?  Thanks !

2#
發表於 05-3-6 22:38 |只看該作者

Re: My 18 mths girl only communicates in English, is there a problem with her K1

faye-faye,

Not sure about other kindies but you can choose to be interviewed in Chinese or English for St. Catherine's.  If you choose English, you will be interviewed by a native-speaking teacher.

3#
發表於 05-3-6 23:11 |只看該作者

Re: My 18 mths girl only communicates in English, is there a problem with her K1

Thanks hart !  That's good to know.

4#
發表於 05-3-7 07:17 |只看該作者

FAYE-FAYE,
Not all kindergartens will entertain your requests.  SC, SJC & CPSK can make arrangements for English interviews.  Kentville's interviews are conducted in Cantonese only.  Not sure about the others.  

Actually, your daughter is only 18 months old.  You still have plenty of time to train her to speak or understand Cantonese.  My son used to have the same problem.  I also started to train him speak Cantonese at 18 months.  He ended up going to 7 interviews conducted in Cantonese and got accepted by all.  It's not difficult to train young children to learn.  They are really brilliant.  It only takes time and of course requires your effort.  努力呀!

5#
發表於 05-3-7 16:15 |只看該作者

Thanks danielboy !  Your son, daniel, is very cute, I'm sure he must be an impressive candidate for the kinders !  My girl is still very shy at this stage, she only clinches to my feet when we go to playgroup.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖