密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 any comments on ICS?
查看: 4344|回覆: 28
go

any comments on ICS? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 13-9-21 22:05 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
I notice there are quite a lot of discussions on CAIS and RC here, but very few on ICS (International Christian School). From my very preliminary desktop research, I think ICS looks quite similar to CAIS and in terms of school environment, RC and ICS are quite close to each other.

Are there any parents who can share more about the quality of schooling in ICS? How would you regard the school culture and the learning environment there? Would love to hear some feedback! Thank you!!

6    0    0    0

2#
發表於 13-9-21 22:29 |只看該作者

回覆:pppwong 的帖子

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

3#
發表於 13-9-22 00:19 |只看該作者

引用:I+opened+a+thread+before+asking+the+same

原帖由 epsonprinter 於 13-09-21 發表
I opened a thread before asking the same question. Comments are generally positive but I failed to g ...
PM me!

4#
發表於 13-9-22 18:44 |只看該作者
幾次在馬鐵遇到ICS的學生,行為舉止都ok,英文水平很好,都算native

5#
發表於 13-9-22 18:50 |只看該作者
我女喺ICS上summer course, 感覺D學生好純撲,英文好好。

6#
發表於 13-9-23 10:25 |只看該作者

引用:I+notice+there+are+quite+a+lot+of+discus

原帖由 pppwong 於 13-09-21 發表
I notice there are quite a lot of discussions on CAIS and RC here, but very few on ICS (Internationa ...
宗教氣氛極濃,美制,學術要求高(中文稍微淺,不過針無兩頭利),校風純樸,一般家庭都系中產,公務員,醫生之類,極少大款超級有錢之類。大陸移民家庭絕少。金毛學生少量,8成亞洲人士(肉眼觀察而已)。總論:一間好學校!老師有heart!很適合基督教家庭!

7#
發表於 13-9-23 12:12 |只看該作者

引用:Quote:原帖由+pppwong+於+13-09-21+發表I+n

原帖由 JMM 於 13-09-23 發表
宗教氣氛極濃,美制,學術要求高(中文稍微淺,不過針無兩頭利),校風純樸,一般家庭都系中產,公務員,醫生 ...
Thank you! Academically, is it comparable to other top international schools?

8#
發表於 13-9-23 13:37 |只看該作者

引用:Quote:原帖由+JMM+於+13-09-23+發表宗教氣

原帖由 pppwong 於 13-09-23 發表
It is. I have heard that its average SAT scores surpassed HKIS. The academic expectations are very high

9#
發表於 13-9-23 15:35 |只看該作者
pppwong 發表於 13-9-23 12:12

I am quite relaxed about the academic performance and the "score" part.  I rather focus more on the learning attitude of my kid.  I am happy with the school because my kid turns out to be a very independent learner and a good reader.  She loves reading the Bible verses and knows who to pray for others.  This is exactly what I am looking for.

10#
發表於 13-9-23 16:09 |只看該作者

引用:Quote:原帖由+pppwong+於+13-09-23+發表Tha

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

11#
發表於 13-9-23 16:26 |只看該作者

引用:Quote:原帖由+lsm0113+於+13-09-23+發表It+

原帖由 epsonprinter 於 13-09-23 發表
Sorry for asking a seemingly silly question ... After taking SAT, can the students further their stu ...
Yes. 留係香港讀都得!有錯請更正!

12#
發表於 13-9-23 20:10 |只看該作者

引用:Quote:原帖由+epsonprinter+於+13-09-23+發

原帖由 JMM 於 13-09-23 發表
Yes. 留係香港讀都得!有錯請更正!
SAT is just a college entrance test for US and Canada. What ICS does is AP courses. But it's true that u can go anywhere with APs

13#
發表於 13-9-23 20:32 |只看該作者

回覆:JMM 的帖子

是否要买debenture的?
同埋系米由幼稚园开始读(我check网页,好似无nursery),就一直读上去,五洗烦?

14#
發表於 13-9-23 20:37 |只看該作者

回覆:JMM 的帖子

Totally agreed and what I expect too.

15#
發表於 13-9-24 16:19 |只看該作者
Is the kindergarten located outside the main campus ?

16#
發表於 13-9-24 17:49 |只看該作者
If you search the past links, there are a lot of ICS comments but some unnecessary agruments activated, then no further.

ICS result is getting better and better, as it is a Christian school, the school, parents and students have different values on top of the academic results.  The teachers I came across are caring and strict, all students were taught to respect their teachers.   As ICS has its own compus, more weathy families join the school and some artists kids too.  Don't worry, all ICS families are the same, nobody gets special treat.  In the past a lot of return familes from overseas thus a lot of Chinese faces.

The waiting list is long and every, they accept a few new students from other schools (mostly from LS) after P1.  ICS arranges no more than a few
new students (2to3) to each class thus they pick up spoken English very soon if they open themselves.  As most of the kids start from kindergarten, students nearly know eveyone in their forms or one grade up or down, very closy.  As more weathy local familye join, the academic was pushed up very fast, not relaxing at all.  Middle school is a big gap from Elementary.
Parents relationship is good too and supportive (my experience), the school welcome all familes, Christian, non Christian familes.  Don't worry about the religious, no bias at all.  The matter is whether you and your kid participate to the school.
Chinese program has been improvement a lot but tutorial is a must to kids, we started a bit late than others.  
The school made report on academic result and internal matter to ICS families only. you can't find it on her website.  The school remains low profile all the time.

If you want to know more about the school, you may join their Fall Festival (mostly Sat in in Oct or Nov) which is opened to public.  The kids can play and you may look around and feel the atmosphere.

Also, the summer school, most ICS students join the first session and otuerside join the second seession they start their summer vacations in mid-July.  ICS also employs their seniors students or graduate students as the assistant in the summder school.  Kids love them, no matter ICS or non-ICS students.  Must pay attention to the info around Easter, they post it on their website, junior years e.g. kindergarten and lower elementary are very popular.

I learnt from my friend that his son (aged 5 - 6) did not like to speak English at all.  After two sessions  (four weeks) summer school, great improvement.

Hope it help to ICS fans. All the best, waiting list is long but no harm for trying and waiting.  If you are lucky, they would add extra class for some grade.  Two or three years ago, they add extra class to Grade four & five (the last two years of elementary), a lot of new comers.  

Don't expect a lot of space for Grade six(first year of middle school) as most of ICS students stay, only a few left for good, or other school.

ICS is more than a school for academic results, even some students have very good SAT, they might not pick Ivy colleges etc, they have their own reason to pick the colleges to suit their need, e.g. financial, family or personal value or religious.

Hope the above information is help to you.

17#
發表於 13-9-24 21:02 |只看該作者

引用:If+you+search+the+past+links,+there+are+

原帖由 YauMum 於 13-09-24 發表
If you search the past links, there are a lot of ICS comments but some unnecessary agruments activat ...
The fall festival is on oct 12

18#
發表於 13-9-25 01:17 |只看該作者
回復 YauMum 的帖子

what grade does your kid in?how's the chinese level of your kid? would your kid only prefers to speak english?

19#
發表於 13-9-25 09:04 |只看該作者
回復 lsm0113 的帖子

Any more info about this festival?  Time and Venue
Strangely my desktop can't access ICS webpage.
Is it open to public?  

My girl is now 6m and I wish to place her in nursery in 2015/16.  So far I understand, ICS has no nursery class (pls correct me if I am wrong) and so in my girl's case, can only apply for 2016-17 "reception class" (I guess this is sort of similar to K1 in local stream) when she's 3.5.  So when should I apply for the reception class?  I plan to appy boxhill's nursery for 2015-16 and then CIS reception for 2016-17, if my understanding about ICS's admission age is correct.

Any more advice to me?  

Many tks.

20#
發表於 13-9-25 13:23 |只看該作者
ICS Festival normally starts at about 11am at the main campus and open to all.  You may buy tickets/token for games and food etc.

You will meet a lot of ICS families and students, enjoy!

‹ 上一主題|下一主題