教育王國 討論區 小學雜談 Kentville to DBSPD?
發新帖
查看: 3859|回覆: 16
go

Kentville to DBSPD? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 05-1-4 23:48 |只看該作者

Kentville to DBSPD?

Does any existing DBSPD parents know how many Kentville kids got admitted to DBSPD last year and this year?

Is Kentville less preferred than St.  Catherine and CCKG?

2#
發表於 05-1-5 01:45 |只看該作者

Re: Kentville to DBSPD?

My Son is in Kent K3 and got admission from DBSPD this year.
How's yours ?

3#
發表於 05-1-5 11:45 |只看該作者

My son also in Kentville K3, he got the place from DBSPD.

4#
發表於 05-1-5 23:44 |只看該作者

Dear Fatbaba,

Congratulations.

My son will attend Kentville K1 next year. My friend has recommended Kent to me. She highly praises Kent's quality education and yet affordable education.  

So, I want to know the chance of Kent's students got admitted to DBSPD. Any idea?

Can you kindly share with us your preparation for your son to get admittance to DBSPD? For example,
1. Does your son got a lot of extra-curricular activities?
2. Does your son win a lot of prizes and praises at school? e.g. Honour student
3. Is your son a 'big' boy?
4. In your own opinion, what are your son's strengths that shoot out among the other boys'?

Would you shed me some light? Would some more people in this thread share with us? Many thanks.

Vanilla.

5#
發表於 05-1-5 23:51 |只看該作者

Vanilla,

DBPS accept quite a lot of kids from Kent.

Amy
A working mother with two kids

6#
發表於 05-1-6 00:01 |只看該作者

Dear Amyony,

Thanks for your info. Would you give me an approximate no. of kids that got admitted? Say, 20, 30 or ..

Rgds,
Vanilla

7#
發表於 05-1-6 09:58 |只看該作者

My son studies in St. Catherine K3 and accepted by DBSPD.
For his class, 10 boys and 9 of them applied DBSPD.
6 have 2nd interview and 4 are accepted.

8#
發表於 05-1-6 22:41 |只看該作者

Dear ericcmy,

Congratulations to you. Would you please share with me some of your critical successful factors?

The results are really amazing. I heard that there are over 20 classes of K3 in St. Cat. So, overall, there are roughly 20X4 i.e. 80 boys from St. Cat get admitted to DBSPD? Is my logic correct? Wow, you know that're only 150 P1 places in DBSPD. 80 out of 150, i.e. over 50% are St. Cat's boys?? Wonderful!! I believe it's a magic.

IS THAT TRUE?

Rgds,
Vanilla

9#
發表於 05-1-6 22:47 |只看該作者

vanilla 寫道:
Dear ericcmy,

Congratulations to you. Would you please share with me some of your critical successful factors?

The results are really amazing. I heard that there are over 20 classes of K3 in St. Cat. So, overall, there are roughly 20X4 i.e. 80 boys from St. Cat get admitted to DBSPD? Is my logic correct? Wow, you know that're only 150 P1 places in DBSPD. 80 out of 150, i.e. over 50% are St. Cat's boys?? Wonderful!! I believe it's a magic.

IS THAT TRUE?

Rgds,
Vanilla

Vanila:

I learned that there are only one to two in some classes. To my knowledge, there are about 50 accepted last year.

10#
發表於 05-1-6 22:59 |只看該作者

Dear ericcmy,

Thanks for your prompt reply and info. So, does your boy got a lot of praises or prizes or achivements in sports or musical instruments? Do you arrange a lot of extra-curricular activities for your boy? Can you share with me your experience in the preparation for the DBSPD application?

I am a working mum. All my friends are so young with no kids. There is no chance for me to get more info. This forum here is my only way out. Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks & regards,
Vanilla.

11#
發表於 05-1-6 23:04 |只看該作者

Hello Everyone,
my son is studying in the Kent K3, he also can go into DBSPD in the coming year.  But I know at his class there is only my son can go into DBSPD.  Can any other parents share their experience in the Kent K3!!!

12#
發表於 05-1-6 23:57 |只看該作者

So, here, we have sons of 小妹, Fatbaba, iYellowbus from Kentville got admitted to DBSPD. Anymore?

Would somebody kindly give me a hand by sharing his/her experience in preparing for DBSPD application?

13#
發表於 05-1-7 00:13 |只看該作者

Sorry to bend the topic a bit, does anyone know the chance of Kentville girls getting accepted by DGJS? Thanks.

14#
發表於 05-1-7 23:42 |只看該作者

Dear charwes,

It's Ok to twist a bit of the topic. In fact, the forum is open to all for exchange of ideas and information.

BTW, How old is your girl? Got admitted next year too?

Vanilla.

15#
發表於 05-1-24 14:57 |只看該作者

Dear ericcmy,

I'd also like to know what kinds of extra-curricular activities that you have arranged for your smart boy! Is it a must to have some prizes or achievements in non-academic areas?

My son is also studying at SC (K1) and your experience will definitely help!

Thanks in advance!

Cat

16#
發表於 05-1-24 19:54 |只看該作者

Vanilla:

My son is learning piano, swimming, table-tennis, and taekwondo.
Try to talk to your son alone for about 15 mins, it is much helpful in building up his communication skill.
(Fast reponse and creative mind are very important in the interview of DBSPD)

17#
發表於 05-1-24 23:47 |只看該作者

My son is learning piano, swimming, table-tennis, and taekwondo.

Thanks very much for your information, ericcmy.

Wow, there are already 4 activities. No wonder people say that more activities are more favourable by the school.

Vanilla
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖