搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 ESF Busy Bee Playgroup
發新帖
查看: 8721|回覆: 8
go

ESF Busy Bee Playgroup [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 12-3-14 17:36 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
Anyone has experience studying at ESF Busy Bee Playgroup?  Any comments?
   1    0    0    0

2#
發表於 12-3-14 20:44 |只看該作者

回覆:ESF Busy Bee Playgroup

My son attended in Tsing Yi in last Sept. I can say that not my cup of tea.
Venue: shared little space with other groups in open area. Not individual room. Noisy and messy.
Tutors: ok. ABC
Content: ok but noisy environment lower learning effect.
So, quit after one sem.

3#
發表於 12-3-14 21:45 |只看該作者
Does anyone know whether there is any priority to get into ESF Kindergarten if my baby study in their playgroup?

4#
發表於 12-3-14 22:59 |只看該作者
My son has attended Stage I & Stage II of the Busy Bees PG since last Nov, and I decided not to continue after end of this stage.

The PG itself is well-designed and the teachers are good (Stage I was a NET and Stage II is an ABC).  However, the classroom is a bit small for 12 children and 12 parents.  Since my son is very shy, his involvement in group activites is minimal.  I prefer to look for other PG which has more interaction between the teachers and the children, I think it will benefit my son more.

Regarding priority of getting into ESF KG, the teacher told me playgroup students do not have priority.  ESF takes students according to category, if you are non-Cantonese speaking family, then you should fall in the 1st category and chance is higher.  

The teacher also said if you are Cantonese speaking family, the chance is low in Tsing Yi campus, as the demand is very high in this district.  Wu Kai Sha campus might have higher chance.

Quote from their website:

Admission Criteria

Priority for places will go to children who are from families whose first or alternative language is English but do not speak Cantonese (Category One). All other children will be regarded as Category Two, and places can be offered to such children should places be available after the Category One applicants have been admitted.

Within Categories, priority is given to:
- Siblings of children attending an ESF school, including the ESF Private Independent Schools (Renaissance College and Discovery College)
- Siblings of children attending an ESF International Kindergarten or returning students of an ESF International Kindergarten
- Children with a parent who is a full-time employee of ESF or ESF Educational Services Limited
- Children of former ESF students

5#
發表於 12-3-14 23:29 |只看該作者
My son attended the playgroup too. It's not good!  The style is quite "hea".

6#
發表於 12-3-15 01:03 |只看該作者

回覆:ESF Busy Bee Playgroup

I also applied this playgroup,but still in waiting list.
May I know from your experience how long can I get a seat?

7#
發表於 12-3-16 12:01 |只看該作者
Good:
Must be either native or ABC teacher (Mostly ABC in TY center)
The Song and booking are usually using difficuit wordings (Local parents must do extra homework)

Bad
Use 20-25 mins for snack time out of 1,5hr / lesson
Every lesson without main theme!
The story books are very small, therefore kids really can't see what's in the book
The assistants seems absent mind most of the time, even they cannot call the kids' name after completed 12 lessons (12 kids only in a class).
No space for kids running and playing

After finished stage I,  I give up then!!!

8#
發表於 12-3-19 17:21 |只看該作者
Anyone tried the one at Stubbs Road? Thanks

9#
發表於 12-6-30 21:48 |只看該作者
CFL 發表於 12-3-14 22:59
My son has attended Stage I & Stage II of the Busy Bees PG since last Nov, and I decided not to cont ...
thanks for your sharing, seems i shall really think about should we join their pg on september ... do you have other recommend PG? pls PM me if there is anything better as you know
‹ 上一主題|下一主題