密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 類似國際學校理念同教學形式嘅本地學校 ...
查看: 7210|回覆: 23
go

類似國際學校理念同教學形式嘅本地學校 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 12-2-1 18:06 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
其實, 香港有沒有呢種學校呢?抑或 ESF 的 PIS 嘅出現已經算是為了滿足部份呢種需要嘅產品!

不過 國際學校嘅主要教學語言為英語,如果有更多 類似國際學校形式嘅學校以更多中文為教學語言,是否仍會像現在般受本地家長歡迎嗎?

究竟本地家長追求的、或逃避的是甚麼?
   5    0    0    0

2#
發表於 12-2-3 00:06 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽
簽名被屏蔽

3#
發表於 12-2-3 04:05 |只看該作者
reneeleung 發表於 12-2-3 00:06
英語為教學語言和外人眼中"少功課"並不等如國際學校.

建議你了解下國際學校的教與學及評估方面等. ...

Hi reneeleung 妳好,

我唔知我算唔算外人,兩個小朋友都讀咗國際學校好多年了,同好多揀呢條路嘅家長一樣,貪佢小學少功課係其一, 一條龍直升上去唔駛計乜分物分住边區信咩教父母係咪校友係其二, 但唔係全部, IB learner profile 嘅特質去教導小朋友做到 Caring, Thinker, Open-minded, Principled, Balanced, Knowledgable, Risk Taker and Reflective 至係重点,不過當然最好加埋孝順父母、尊敬師長呢两項啦, 可能學校當係 Home learning 一部分啩!

以上各樣,係咪只有國際學校或者用英語至識教? 講廣東話嘅學唔到?妳所指嘅評估係指對學生嘅 assessment 方法抑或對學校嘅 accreditation? 可以指教吓嗎?

4#
發表於 12-2-3 11:10 |只看該作者
對於大家為何對ib趨之若鶩, 我真係覺得好奇怪.  其實暫時係香港, 好多is行ib都唔係好多年.  我有朋友以前係教書, 佢有舊同事而家係某全港絕對最top 直資中學教ib, 佢話個個老師都有自己個套演譯, 勤力嘅老師會要求小朋友做多d野, 但係同一科, 老師懶d, 又可以做好少野.  我有親友嘅小朋友而家係island school year 12讀緊ib, 佢地都話, ib下, 個個老師演譯都唔同, 對學生來講好confusing, 大家都無所悉從. 其實國際學校就算冇ib, 本身教學法就係教小朋友自己去探討, 去解決問題, 有好奇心, 我又唔覺得同ib有物關係. 我中學係美國讀書, 係普通public school, 當時並冇ib呢樣野, 但係大家都係做project架啦, 阿媽唔會幫手, 都係自己去搵資料, 去探索. 至於對社區有contribution, 參加課外活動, 學樂器呢d, 其實大家都知, 有做呢d, 都會增加入到好d大學機會, 只係ib 規範左呢樣野.  有好多人話ib係prepare小朋友入大學預習大學學習模式, 我普普通通讀完public school, 入大學又唔覺得有物唔習慣, 教授梗係唔會慢慢捉住你隻手做架啦.  so what's all the hype about ib? 我到而家都唔明.    我只係知道 ib 對老師指引唔太清晰,做成老師各有各做, 同一科兩個唔同人都可以要求好唔同, 呢個係ib最大弱點.

5#
發表於 12-2-3 11:18 |只看該作者
我以前都諗過可唔可以搵間free d嘅本地小學比小朋友讀, 問題係, is或行類近路線嘅ls, 如果小朋友將來要涵接返 ls 中學, 恐怕好難辦到.  呢樣野你要諗清楚. 入左間真正愉快學習嘅本地小學, 有機會意味將來可選嘅中學少左, 到時再轉國際學校, 英文程度未必追得上.  只能夠嘆一句, 香港教育太畸形, 太高壓, 成日轉來轉去, 所以迫到d家長要比咁多錢讀書. 邊個唔想慳返d $呀?

6#
發表於 12-2-3 13:20 |只看該作者
簽名被屏蔽

7#
發表於 12-2-3 17:06 |只看該作者
elmostoney 發表於 12-2-3 11:10
對於大家為何對ib趨之若鶩, 我真係覺得好奇怪.  其實暫時係香港, 好多is行ib都唔係好多年.  我有朋友以前係 ...

我認為香港有些本地學校行IB 係要來取代咗預科果兩年、或三年用來做入大學嘅踏腳石, 好多IS 行 IB 都係一樣,主要都係 DP, 當預科咁讀,如果中學唔係 行MYP行其他學制,條升學路應該比 MYP濶, 上IBO 網首查查 本地學校提供DP同 MYP 數目嘅差別便得到證實了。

你都講得好啱, 我見到嘅係行 IB 嘅大家不斷响度修改緊課程,再加上一般 IS "與生俱來" 嘅人事變動, 我兩個小朋友相差4年,細果個學嘅嘢同4年前已經好大分別了,4年前大女上 Year 6 响冇教乘數表運算下要考你 六角形圓錐體體積,4年後嘅今日 year 6 要你了解点樣去揀股票,探討乜嘢係專利同佢嘅運作模式等等,對於一向唔需要零用錢返學有午飯食搭校巴或家長接送嘅小學生, 我哋D家長除咗O咀之外, 仲可以講咩呢?

大膽咁假設,如果有教學理念相同嘅辦學團體組成中小學一條龍直升聯盟到中學畢業, 考一些國際認可嘅公開試,有成績依据入到本地或外地大學,是不是已經解决咗老師、學生同家長响呢個教育制度下嘅問題呢?

我兩公婆都係以前响香港讀完英文中學到美國讀大學的,而家日日對住毆美客戶,語文上夠用啦!

8#
發表於 12-2-3 19:08 |只看該作者
簽名被屏蔽

9#
發表於 12-2-3 22:28 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 WYmom 於 12-2-3 22:31 編輯

I appreciate most is that the school really assess the students regularly without any notification, and the students will then be allocated into different groups and will be taught according to their standards and progress.  This is not the 精英班 concept, as every student can be strong in some subjects and weak in some, and in IS they are taught in different subjects according to their different levels, which is really 因材施教.  Students in IS don't need to study very hard for any assessment, so there is no pressure of exams for them.

Besides, students in IS are always being encouraged to improve rather than being critisized or pinpointed negatively.  So they can develop self confidence in themselves and study more positively.
So to me, running IB or not is not important, the teaching method and attitude of teachers are more the keys of success.

10#
發表於 12-2-6 09:09 |只看該作者

回覆:acdad 的帖子

I heard from my university professor that Creative Primary School is very good.  His son used to study there and then he entered DBS in Form 1.

11#
發表於 12-2-7 14:45 |只看該作者
回復 WYmom 的帖子

"the teaching method and attitude of teachers are more the keys of success."

Can't agree more!  But can the same thing be taught in Cantonese or simply local teachers in English? or our local schools and  teachers are just  not ready for that since they need to compete on something which IS parents are not looking for?

12#
發表於 12-2-7 15:07 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 WYmom 於 12-2-7 15:09 編輯

回復 acdad 的帖子

I don't think it is a matter of teaching in Cantonese or English, it's the education system running matters.
I have seen some local teachers teaching with heart, but they need to follow the traditional teaching method and cirriculum set by most of the local schools, they must use the traditional method of tests and exams and model marking schemes, which do not allow much room for creativity at all!!

One local teacher I knew before bought small gifts out of his own pockets to encourage his primary students to work better, and the results were very positive!  Yet not many such good teachers can survive under the very heavy workload and pressure in local schools.

13#
發表於 12-2-7 15:36 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 acdad 於 12-2-7 17:53 編輯

回復 WYmom 的帖子

My point is ,  if we can apply the same IS teaching method and assessment system  to LS by using local teachers trained for IS teaching method, we can save a lot of $ in hiring NET. I was told the cost of hiring a NET is similar to hiring a vice principal of a local school. And  local parents/kids  would have a choice to enjoy free primary and secondary education without paying a fortune for that!

BTW, I think the cost of  hiring qualified English speaking and Cantonese speaking teachers in a Cantonese speaking community is different. Besides, the teaching media plays an important part if we  need the students to search info on internet.

14#
發表於 12-2-7 20:17 |只看該作者

15#
發表於 12-2-7 21:33 |只看該作者
回復 iseult 的帖子

We don't expect all local teachers have that kind of mentality. May be we can pick those few % with the "matching" mentality. Besides, there are many HK students graduates from oversea U every year. They should be easier to be trained.:D

16#
發表於 12-2-7 22:45 |只看該作者

17#
發表於 12-2-8 04:08 |只看該作者
madscientist 發表於 12-2-7 22:45
You cannot really keep the local school exam, the tests, the model answer approach, the learning objectives, teachers, etc and hope that a changing in "teaching method" is going to magically transform everything
This is very true, local schools are the way they are for a good reason.

Education serves the society we live in, and if society says "exam results are of utmost importance", then education will try to produce good "exam sitters" because that is how society measures success. The teaching method is just one component of an education system designed to meet specific objectives, changing that without a corresponding change in objectives and society's attitude will just produce students whom society will regard as failures.

So beware of "international style" local schools, they may fall short at both ends, i.e. their students are neither creative nor good exam sitters.

18#
發表於 12-5-1 21:58 |只看該作者
弘立書院不知算不算是類似國際學校理念同教學形式的本地學校?

醒目開學勳章

19#
發表於 12-5-1 22:42 |只看該作者
Creative, Victoria, CKY

20#
發表於 12-5-5 08:57 |只看該作者

引用:Quote:madscientist+發表於+12-2-7+22:45+Y

原帖由 FattyDaddy 於 12-02-08 發表
This is very true, local schools are the way they are for a good reason.

Education serves the socie ...
Good point! Thanks for sharing!

‹ 上一主題|下一主題