用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Effect of extracurricular activites on IB results & ...
發新帖
查看: 1918|回覆: 6
go

Effect of extracurricular activites on IB results & university admission [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 11-11-6 09:48 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
My kids are studying in IB pathway school in the lower primary grade now. I just want to ask is it a marking on the extracurricular activities (musical instrument, sports, etc) in the DP exam. which will affect the final mark or results of DP. Also, how do the extracurricular activites affect the chance of university admission?
thanks a lot!
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 11-11-6 10:12 |只看該作者

回覆 1# liyinfai 的文章

ECA is kinda other learning experience. It's not a mean to get a ticket to uni.
Don't put too much on the young kids otherwise they would be exhausted and refuse to do anything in teen times.

3#
發表於 11-11-6 13:18 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

4#
發表於 11-11-7 09:09 |只看該作者
原帖由 Annie123 於 11-11-6 13:18 發表
Extra activities would not affect your DP grades. But some universities do look at what you have done outside school in the admission process. I think most american and some canadian universities woul ...

Annie123

Basically, your comments are valid. I quote the assessment of IBDP from IBO as reference:

AssessmentStudents take written examinations at the end of the programme, which are marked by external IB examiners. Students also complete assessment tasks in the school, which are either initially marked by teachers and then moderated by external moderators or sent directly to external examiners.
The diploma is awarded to students who gain at least 24 points, subject to certain minimum levels of performance across the whole programme and to satisfactory participation in the creativity, action, service requirement (CAS). The highest total that a Diploma Programme student can be awarded is 45 points.

So CAS is a prerequisite to award IBDP, so may not essential from admission officers' view, but IBO does.

ANChn59
God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

5#
發表於 11-11-7 09:40 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

6#
發表於 11-11-7 10:23 |只看該作者

回覆 5# Annie123 的文章

Annie123

Noted.

I already said your comments are valid, but be careful in some curricullum and university systems in some countries may take ECA more serious.

ANChan59
God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

7#
發表於 11-11-8 17:12 |只看該作者
No extra marks given for extracurricular activities in IB DP results but are generally included as part of the application package in university admissions, both local and overseas alike.

原帖由 liyinfai 於 11-11-6 09:48 發表
My kids are studying in IB pathway school in the lower primary grade now. I just want to ask is it a marking on the extracurricular activities (musical instrument, sports, etc) in the DP exam. which w ...
‹ 上一主題|下一主題