搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 2008 mama
樓主: babytse
go

2008 mama [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 10-2-8 15:17 |只看該作者
原帖由 oooray 於 10-2-8 10:13 發表

1. What info I provided scaring you? Personal Experiences varied with different parents...
2. DC info: maybe they have updated recently.
-i read a "principal message" in their web last year detaillin ...

oooray,

sorry for my over re-acted wording. I am just too stress and sensitive. You provided and share lots of helpful information. I do understand this ESF game no matter PIS or not are just like the lucky draw that those local stream P1 is playing.

22#
發表於 10-2-8 15:50 |只看該作者
原帖由 rach_mama 於 10-2-8 15:17 發表

oooray,

sorry for my over re-acted wording. I am just too stress and sensitive. You provided and share lots of helpful information. I do understand this ESF game no matter PIS or not are just like  ...

Take it easy. Think positive!

23#
發表於 10-2-10 11:12 |只看該作者
Re. Yew Chung.  My son is right now studying Yew Chung's playgroup.  Three times a week.  I have had opportunity to meet kids from those two-year-old classes or older.  Again, as I shared earlier, from my encounter and my son's experience, if you wish to let your kid have a solid English learning environment, Yew Chung may not be strong enough as compared with YMCA, AISHK, if you're on the Kowloon side.  Having said the above, I do appreciate very much that the teachers in Yew Chung are very professional staff and can provide a very loving and caring environment for the kids.  They are careful and observant enough to share with your their observation of your kid's strengths and weaknesses.  

原帖由 MauriceMa 於 10-2-8 12:30 發表
I have attended the introductory meeting at Yew Chung last Thursday, it sounds good.  But, seems not many BK mami discuss Yew Chung.  Anyone has comment?  

Thank you babytse, I also applied YMCA and  ...

24#
發表於 10-2-10 16:00 |只看該作者
It depends on which class (half day or full day) you are studying?  For half day class, the NET will only step in for about half hour and then go to another class.  But, for full day class, the NET will stand for a whole day.  The full day class is tailor made for his "through train" primary.

原帖由 Ann0805 於 10-2-10 11:12 發表
Re. Yew Chung.  My son is right now studying Yew Chung's playgroup.  Three times a week.  I have had opportunity to meet kids from those two-year-old classes or older.  Again, as I shared earlier, fro ...

25#
發表於 10-2-10 17:10 |只看該作者
Are you talking about 2 years old class in Yew Chung? I don't think its totally true.  In the Kent Road campus, all NET for half day class will stay with the class making it 3 teachers and one helper.  Is it different in other campus?
原帖由 MauriceMa 於 10-2-10 16:00 發表
It depends on which class (half day or full day) you are studying?  For half day class, the NET will only step in for about half hour and then go to another class.  But, for full day class, the NET wi ...

26#
發表於 10-2-10 17:18 |只看該作者
The information is provided in the introductory meeting last Thursday but I am not sure whether it is for 2 years old programme only or not, and also not sure it apply to a designated campus or all...

原帖由 CSJ安樂窩 於 10-2-10 17:10 發表
Are you talking about 2 years old class in Yew Chung? I don't think its totally true.  In the Kent Road campus, all NET for half day class will stay with the class making it 3 teachers and one helper. ...

27#
發表於 10-3-2 10:11 |只看該作者
Glad to see this forum.
I am a Dec 2008 mama, and still havent made up my mind on taking local or International stream for my baby girl, now at the stage of information gathering.

Yew Chung and Kingston has offered a playgroup place for my girl which will start in this aug 2010.  but seems there is not much comments over these playgroups in BK.

My friend highly recommended me to go to TutorTime as she find her boys love this school a lot.  And we also visited Anfield's Open Day and we like the school too.

I applied nursery class in some local kindergarten in Kln Tong and all failed

I really need some experienced parents' advice.
Say if i send my girl to any of the 4 schools i listed above for playgroup or 2 year class for 1 year.  Do i still stand a chance to go back to local kindergarten in 2011 when my girl is 2yr8 months, will my baby find adaptation problem by then or i need to train up her chinese language?

Can anyone of you share your experience if you have attended any one of the 4 schools' playgroup and 2 year class.
Thanks a lot.

28#
發表於 10-3-2 13:28 |只看該作者
Anfield offers pre-K and nursery classes based on availability.  They are really good if you prefer an all-english environment.

My son is currently at Tutortime nursery.  He has been there since playgroup.  As with any nursery, it depends on the teachers you have at Tutortime.  His NET, Ms. Amy, is superduperly great!  His mandarin teacher, Ms. Cheung, is great with language teacher, but thinks in a very chinese way in my opinion.  There are things she thinks is not acceptable for my son, when I think it's ok... given that it's an international school.  His class teacher and Classroom assistants are great.  My son doesn't like to be disciplined.. and he thinks some of the activities are "childish" and refuses to take part.  But.. his teachers won't leave him out, and encourages him to join in, which is great!  He does have classmates who withdraw after several months because parents prefer their children to be in a more "local" environment.

I don't know if they require interviews at Tutortine for nursery or kindergarten.  Their policy is that they would offer current parents to register for nursery and KG classes before the end of february, then offer places to "outsiders".

[ 本帖最後由 lottieclee 於 10-3-2 13:30 編輯 ]

29#
發表於 10-3-3 10:41 |只看該作者
It is crazy... I just applied K1 of KCIS in Year 2011 but it is already 140+ on the waiting list.

30#
發表於 10-3-3 11:15 |只看該作者

回覆 29# MauriceMa 的文章

Is that KCIS = Kingston Childcare Centre?

31#
發表於 10-3-3 11:35 |只看該作者
It stand for Kiangsu & Chekiang International Sections.

原帖由 bbgrass 於 10-3-3 11:15 發表
Is that KCIS = Kingston Childcare Centre?

32#
發表於 10-3-3 14:23 |只看該作者
thanks for all mama opinion

may i know that are all of your kids only speak Eng?? or Chinese & Mandarin together??

for my kids, i only let her speak Eng, even at home....

any idea??

33#
發表於 10-3-4 09:22 |只看該作者
原帖由 babytse 於 10-3-3 14:23 發表
thanks for all mama opinion

may i know that are all of your kids only speak Eng?? or Chinese & Mandarin together??

for my kids, i only let her speak Eng, even at home....

any idea??

My son speaks English and Tagalog (I don't know why I was crazy enough to let my nanny speak to him in Tagalog since he was born).  He speaks a little Mandarin, which he picks up at school... and understands Cantonese, which he picks up from his grandparents.  The whole thing is that my parents feels it wrong that they sent me to international school and for the longest time I spoke to them in English and no chinese.. so they think it's important for my son to pick up some chinese. He speaks Cantonese with a funny accent and noone understands it.  

Our plan is that to speak to him in English while we are still in HK.  And when we move back to the US, it would be all chinese.  My theory is that children would have to pick up the local language to survive in the community.  Many of my caucasion friends at high school speaks cantonese because the need it to buy things, eat out, etc.

34#
發表於 10-3-8 12:25 |只看該作者
thanks for sharing

My baby girl will go to YMCA Pre-kindergarten from April la....

Hope she is everything ok la...

share with all of you later la...thanks

原帖由 lottieclee 於 10-3-4 09:22 發表

My son speaks English and Tagalog (I don't know why I was crazy enough to let my nanny speak to him in Tagalog since he was born).  He speaks a little Mandarin, which he picks up at school... and un ...

35#
發表於 10-3-8 13:56 |只看該作者
YMCA Pre-kindergarten in April?  are you refering YMCA toddler world? cos I know pre-kindergarten start in September every year. tks

36#
發表於 10-3-15 16:32 |只看該作者
Want to know if there is any (or approx how much) Misc fee for 2-years old class at YC.

Also anyone know any Misc fee for N class for TT ??

37#
發表於 10-4-14 11:46 |只看該作者
we got the offer in March, now my daughter is studying in YMCA Pre-kindergarten just started 2 days after Easter holidays, the teachers so nice.

but i still need to observe, see whether we will continue or change to another nursery.

FOR kindergarten, i will apply all local and international.... any idea for 200802 mama

原帖由 searcher123 於 10-3-8 13:56 發表
YMCA Pre-kindergarten in April?  are you refering YMCA toddler world? cos I know pre-kindergarten start in September every year. tks

38#
發表於 10-4-21 15:19 |只看該作者
I've decided to put my son to Woodland starting July.   I and my domestic helper speak with him at home in English and my husband (and all elderly) with him in Cantonese.  My son also understands simple Mandarin and may respond in Mandarin if we talk to him in Mandarin.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題