密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 2008 mama
查看: 6495|回覆: 37
go

2008 mama [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 10-1-27 17:09 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
any 2008 mama would like to choose international kinergarten for your kids??

any idea??

I only apply two schools at this moment, one is YMCA (TST) kinergarten, one is KBCK.

anyone can share?? thanks
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 10-1-28 10:53 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽
簽名被屏蔽

3#
發表於 10-1-28 12:13 |只看該作者
yes yes ar... we live in kowloon side...
but i also will consider ESF tsing yi....

any idea??

4#
發表於 10-1-28 13:30 |只看該作者
You should also consider what your plans are regarding your child's education at primary level.  If you aim at ESF schools, you should apply for ESF kindergarten for sure.

5#
發表於 10-1-29 00:14 |只看該作者
Hi,

My daughter is 2008 baby too. I applied KCBK and Anfield. I will apply ESF Tsing Yi this year too.

Basically, my daughter is accepted for pre-K at Anfield already. Pre-K will start this Sep. According to the admin office, she will be admitted for K1 without additional application / interview anymore since she is accepted for pre-K already.

I am targetting Discovery College for her primary school. Therefore, ESF Tsing Yi is one of my consideration.

Actually, I wonder if my girl will guarantee an interview chance at DC if I keep her at Anfield all the way to K2 since DC is the private school of ESF instead of the regular ESF. Anyone can advice?

6#
發表於 10-1-29 12:20 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽
簽名被屏蔽

7#
發表於 10-1-29 12:41 |只看該作者
原帖由 rach_mama 於 10-1-29 00:14 發表
Hi,

My daughter is 2008 baby too. I applied KCBK and Anfield. I will apply ESF Tsing Yi this year too.

Basically, my daughter is accepted for pre-K at Anfield already. Pre-K will start this Sep. Acc ...

User experience 1: Anfield feels better than ESF TY (I love field-trip;despite pretty expensive monthly misc. fee in Anfield).
User experience 2: As a Anfield K2 Cat. 2 applicant for 2009/10, no interview offer from DC (only had a waitlist interview in Nov 09).

If u have been checking info. from DC website, you should know that Cat. 1 and and ESF kinder applicants occupied most of interview places in the past 2 years.

Life is always full of "give and take". Nobody (except yourself) can have the best decision.

8#
發表於 10-1-29 16:09 |只看該作者
Hi BK mami,

My son is 08/12 baby.  I want to apply IS for him and ESF group is my preference.  At the moment, I still applying and waiting for a seat in pre-nursery because of my late application.  However, refer to oooray's post, it seems that ESF primary is most likely for those study in ESF kinder.

The chance for getting a seat in ESF kinder is very limited because my son is under Cat.2.

Do you have any idea which pre-nursery will have more chance of getting acceptance by ESF kinder? (Boxhill/Wellborn for ESF WKS or others?)

9#
發表於 10-1-29 17:16 |只看該作者
There is absolutely no nursery or per-nursery that would give you a better chance at ESF kindy.  They based their admittance on Category and Priorities within the categories.  For further info, please refer to their website.

For other IS, you would have a better chance if your child communicates will in English, like a native speaker... at at kindy level.  Anfield is a pretty choice in terms of that.  Actually Anfield KT is good overall.

10#
發表於 10-1-29 17:32 |只看該作者
I also want to apply IS, however it seems few of schools offer pre-nursery in Kowloon Side (Except Anfield), right?

11#
發表於 10-1-31 18:02 |只看該作者
I think there's only Anfield... my son went to Tutortime playgroup, but I think Anfield is more structured.  I don't know if YMCA (TST) and Kingston also offer pre-nursery.  And there's also Yew Chung... they are good at the pre-nursery and nursery level.

12#
發表於 10-2-1 10:27 |只看該作者
Thanks for BK mami's comments, actually I am planned to apply all you mentioned (Anfield/YMCA and Yew Chung).  I will attend the introduction meeting at Yew Chung this Thursday and will apply afterthat.  But, for YMCA, I can't find any application details from the website.  Is it too late?

13#
發表於 10-2-1 10:36 |只看該作者
YMCA does not mention anything about its pre-nursery classes on the website.  Call the admin office and they will send you a copy of the application form which is different from the one for kindergarten.

14#
發表於 10-2-2 17:45 |只看該作者
I also plan to put my son (born in April 08) into IS starting from kindy.  But I'll be on the HK side.  

My son is studying in Yew Chung playgroup for three days in a week for now.  My comment would be when it comes to English teaching environment, Anfield is definitely a more preferred place.  (Though i don't have personal experience with Anfield, I have quite a lot of friends' kids studying in Anfield).  Yew Chung does not perform as good as their reputation suggests in this regard.

On the HK side, I'm considering Woodland for Pre-Nursery before enrolling my son to GSIS hopefully.

15#
發表於 10-2-3 15:03 |只看該作者
My son is attending Tutortime playgroup at the moment and I will put him into pre-K with Tutortime.  However, I want him to go to either ESF or AISHK, so,  I have applied KBCK and going to apply ESF & YMCA.

16#
發表於 10-2-7 22:14 |只看該作者
原帖由 oooray 於 10-1-29 12:41 發表

User experience 1: Anfield feels better than ESF TY (I love field-trip;despite pretty expensive monthly misc. fee in Anfield).
User experience 2: As a Anfield K2 Cat. 2 applicant for 2009/10, no inte ...

oooray,

Thanks for information. Your statement above scared me. That's my concern all these times...

By the way, where at DC website did you find those information? I went to the web site. May be I am new on these school web. I couldn't find all these static information. Can you please help?

So, were you one of the Anfield parent then ESF TY?

17#
發表於 10-2-7 22:15 |只看該作者
Dear all 2008 parents here, which IS are you targeting for your kid after kinder?

18#
發表於 10-2-8 01:31 |只看該作者
My understanding from the briefing sessions is that RC and DC have no categorization as they are private and independent schools which need not give favourable treatment to those not accessible to local education system.  Yet, they still give priority to certain applicants.  For Y1 application, the first priority goes to those with sibling at DC and the second goes to ESF kinder children.

19#
發表於 10-2-8 10:13 |只看該作者
原帖由 rach_mama 於 10-2-7 22:14 發表

oooray,

Thanks for information. Your statement above scared me. That's my concern all these times...

By the way, where at DC website did you find those information? I went to the web site. May be  ...

1. What info I provided scaring you? Personal Experiences varied with different parents...
2. DC info: maybe they have updated recently.
-i read a "principal message" in their web last year detailling application status in 08/09;
-i was a 09/10 appicants; the admission officer told me the fact (most 1st round interview offers, 6Xor 7X out of ~90 Year 1 places, were reserved to those with silbings/staff/ESF kinder) during school tour;
-Jan 10 News from ESF: +5% applicants in DC in 10/11 (against 09/10);
3. Yes, i were Anfield parents and I am now a TY parent.
4. A friend of mine living in DB told me withdrawing ratio in DC is relatively high (by many reasons?). So, there are always opportunities for waitlist applicants.
I'm not sure whether it is true but in fact they had a 09/10 Year 1 waitlist interview last Oct/Nov; !30 waitlist applicants were invited to attend an interview.
Hope this info may help you make your best decision.

20#
發表於 10-2-8 12:30 |只看該作者
I have attended the introductory meeting at Yew Chung last Thursday, it sounds good.  But, seems not many BK mami discuss Yew Chung.  Anyone has comment?  

Thank you babytse, I also applied YMCA and KBCK for K1.  

For PN in YMCA, as Strayteddy said, I have called for information and the lady asked me to send a email for request.  However, I still not get the response at the moment (email sent on 1 Feb).

Can anyone tell me whether st paul nursery (CWB) is IS or not?
‹ 上一主題|下一主題