教育王國 討論區 國際學校 ESF interview for non-guaranteed space
發新帖
查看: 1699|回覆: 3
go

ESF interview for non-guaranteed space [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-6-27 14:26 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
Hi,

My son went to QBS for the interview and passed it.  However, the interview was for non guaranteed space, and it is not sure if my son is offered the space.  

He was now placed on the waiting list for the available spaces, and it is only active for 5 months.  If no spce is offered during 5 months, he need to take another interview again....., and not sure he can pass it again.

I am not sure if he is offered a space.  Also, I wonder why QBS takes this system...Do they give us the interview since there will be some spaces available?  or they just did it to reduce the waiting list for the interview???

In addition, why wait list only active for 5 months....

Please advise.
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 09-6-28 13:53 |只看該作者
原帖由 salseros 於 09-6-27 14:26 發表
ESF interview for non-guaranteed space

Hi,

My son went to QBS for the interview and passed it.  However, the interview was for non guaranteed space, and it is not sure if my son is offered the space.  

He was now placed on the waiting list for the available spaces, and it is only active for 5 months.  If no spce is offered during 5 months, he need to take another interview again....., and not sure he can pass it again.

I am not sure if he is offered a space.  Also, I wonder why QBS takes this system...Do they give us the interview since there will be some spaces available?  or they just did it to reduce the waiting list for the interview???

In addition, why wait list only active for 5 months....

Please advise.

They are making this arrangement so that when someone leaves, people on the waiting list can immediately take up a place without delay.
If they only interview people when a place becomes available, the a school may be interviewing people every week.
Please understand that international schools are not like local schools, where basically no one leaves.
International schools are volitile. People move away from schools at all the time.
I think this arrangement would make things simple everyone.

Why 5 months? Then why not?
Do you think it should last forever?

3#
發表於 09-7-6 17:34 |只看該作者

registration day

just would like to know if ESF/QBS will have registration day like local school. so, if it does not call us on or before that day, we could probably prepare my girl to continue her study in the original school before the school starts on 20th Aug.

Thanks in advance.

4#
發表於 09-7-7 11:48 |只看該作者
原帖由 gogocat 於 09-7-6 17:34 發表
just would like to know if ESF/QBS will have registration day like local school. so, if it does not call us on or before that day, we could probably prepare my girl to continue her study in the origin ...

You would be contacted when it is your turn. It may be any time of the year and would not only happen in the beginning of the school year. Who knows? People move a lot in ESF and other IS. You may get a call in September or in March.
Yes, no calls means no chance now.
In fact, you should only quit the present school when you have confirmed a place with ESF. Do not quit the present school unless you receive acceptance letter.
This is not only for applying to ESF. This is what you should do when applying to any school at all in fact.

[ 本帖最後由 nintendo 於 09-7-8 13:11 編輯 ]
‹ 上一主題|下一主題