教育王國 討論區 聖士提反書院附屬小學 International school students
發新帖
查看: 2553|回覆: 6
go

International school students [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-6-21 22:24 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
Dear parents

Any P1 student was from international kindergarter/school? I heard that in Class 1A, there are some foreigner kids.  In fact, my son does not understand Cantonese or Mandarin, he can only speak in English, if he gets admitted, what will be the problems to be faced by him? I don't mind he gets lower marks in Chinese subjects, just I wish he can enter this school....

Wld any parent pls help to share experience?

Millions thanks!!!

Lycheema
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 09-7-3 15:45 |只看該作者
Don't want to complete scare you off, but if you kid doesn't speak/read Cantonese or Mandarin, he/she will have a VERY difficult time keeping up.  Chinese subjects are taught at local school level (albeit at a slower pace).  Even if you don't mind getting lower grades in Chinese, the school requires students to pass ALL 3 main subjects (Eng, Chin, Math) at the end of school year to continue. My kid will be P3 this Sept.  So far, I know of 2 classmates who had left the school due to failing Chinese.  We love the school, but its grading system is not as progressive as international schools.

3#
發表於 09-7-4 00:59 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

4#
發表於 09-7-5 09:50 |只看該作者
Thank you very much to both of you.

That means Chinese and SS classes are taught in Mandarin and ALL other subjects are in English. No subjects are taught in Cantonese, pls correct me if I am wrong?

My son is learing Kumon English now, I have talked to the teacher about Kumon Chinese, but she has not yet confirmed whether my son should study Chinese there (because he seems quite hate Chinese).

He has started private tutoring for Mandarin at home now, hope he can pick up in his grade 1 junior ... I really think if he can readily study Kumon Chinese, he should be able to improve a lot....

Thanks again!!!

Lycheema

5#
發表於 09-7-7 01:27 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

6#
發表於 09-7-7 20:51 |只看該作者
Thank you very much....

Lycheema

原帖由 che 於 09-7-7 01:27 發表
Music, PE and Religious Studies are in Cantonese.

7#
發表於 09-7-27 16:59 |只看該作者
Is St Stephen College Preparatory is a good school or not?  

Thanks

原帖由 lycheema 於 09-7-7 20:51 發表
Thank you very much....

Lycheema
‹ 上一主題|下一主題