搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 Interview in St Catherine's
查看: 9747|回覆: 102
go

Interview in St Catherine's [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 04-9-30 23:38 |只看該作者

Interview in St Catherine's

got the notice for interview in coming november.
any tips can be shared from you?

Thank in advance
salami

2#
發表於 04-9-30 23:41 |只看該作者

Re: Interview in St Catherine's

hi salami,
你都收到信,你幾號interview?我都收到la,好緊張。

cwlbbs

3#
發表於 04-10-1 00:13 |只看該作者

My son will be interviewed on 12th Nov (Fri) at 9:00am.  Is anyone else within this time slot?

4#
發表於 04-10-1 00:13 |只看該作者

hi all,

i didn't received any letter yet. May I know when did you fill in the application form? I have send them a letter two weeks ago request for the application form, but I still not got it yet. Should I call them up?

cpmummy

5#
發表於 04-10-1 00:29 |只看該作者

cwllbs: my son's one scheduled on nov 13.

cpmummy: I guess you may wait till next monday cos there are too many holidays this week.

have you applied any other kinder?
salami

6#
發表於 04-10-1 00:29 |只看該作者

danielboy,
My son also attend 9:00 a.m. on 12/11 Friday.  I am still considering what language to choose at interview.  How about you?  Some people said mix answers (English and Chinese) are acceptable at Chinese interview.  Isn't it?

cpmummy,
Did you send out cheque + stamped envelop & etc?

KelvinMaMa

7#
發表於 04-10-1 00:38 |只看該作者

我連佢哋份form都未收到呀!  請問佢哋多數幾耐至會寄回份表架, 跟住又會幾耐通知interview?

8#
發表於 04-10-1 00:43 |只看該作者

hi kelvinMaMa & salami,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, i did send them a cheque and photos and also stamped envelop two weeks ago. But I didn't received any thing yet. Is the kinder inform you the interview date and time without asking us to fill in the application form before?

cpmummy

9#
發表於 04-10-1 00:45 |只看該作者

gogoweb/cpmummy: interview date & time are printed on the form what shall be returned on or before a specific date
salami

10#
發表於 04-10-1 00:53 |只看該作者

Yes.  We need to fill in the form with relevant document and return to them on or before 16/10/04.

KelvinMaMa

11#
發表於 04-10-1 06:41 |只看該作者

KelvinMaMa,
I haven't made up my mind as to whether I should have the interview conducted in Cantonese or English.  I think the only difference is that the queue for Cantonese interviews is definitely longer.  

My son is kind of a bilingual person and I suppose yours is almost in the same situation.  He is equally proficient in Cantonese and English. (can speak pure Cantonese and English sentences) but there is a chance that he will converse in a mixture of both when he feels like to do so.  In that case, the English teacher might not be able to understand him fully while the Chinese teacher would not have such problem.  Moreover, he has recently started going to a local nursery resulting in his Cantonese exposure being expanded tremendously.  I suppose he will end up talking a lot more Cantonese by November.

What about you?  Do you feel more comfortable if the interview is conducted in English than Cantonese?  I was told that the interview is actually an interview for the parent as opposed to the child.  (Isn't this terrible?)   

cpmummy & gogoweb,
When you receive your form (presumably next week), the date and time of interview would have already been fixed for you and is actually printed on the form.

12#
發表於 04-10-1 10:37 |只看該作者

danielboy,

My son is attending an international Nursery now.  His teacher reports that he does not speak English in class.  Normally, he speaks English with the maid and speak Cantonese with me at home.  I think I will hold the application a week and will consult his teacher later.

I think the questions for the parent are as common as :
Why you choose this school?
What you expect ?

KelvinMaMa

13#
發表於 04-10-1 16:20 |只看該作者

KelvinMaMa,

Maybe you are right.  I think I should also observe my son for another week before I decide.  It's also not an easy decision for me.  My son used to talk to me and my maid in English while to his dad in Cantonese.  One of the reasons why I have sent him to a local nursery is because I wanted him to be exposed to more Cantonese just for the sake of going to different interviews.  Although SC allows parents to select the language for interviews, a lot of other kinders interview children exclusively in Cantonese.  

Recently, his Cantonese has improved a lot but he has started to speak to his dad in English and my maid in Cantonese.  I am not sure whether he is a bit confused or he is doing this purposely for fun.  He really makes me mad sometimes.

14#
發表於 04-10-1 21:18 |只看該作者

請問BB要有什麼優點才有面試機會.

15#
發表於 04-10-1 22:52 |只看該作者

ctf1029,

All applicants who apply before the deadline will be offered an interview.  
(Don't ask me when the deadline is.  It would be better if you could call the school directly for details.)

16#
發表於 04-10-2 23:07 |只看該作者

hi danielboy,

Janice's interview will be on Nov 12, 9:45am, I will choose English interview.

17#
發表於 04-10-2 23:19 |只看該作者

Hihi,

My son will be attending the interview on 12/11/04 at 9:45am,  I think I will choose Chinese.  Anyone know if the kids need to sing a song in the interview???

Lilian

18#
發表於 04-10-2 23:46 |只看該作者

hi danielboy mama, salami & kelvinMama,

Thanks all! I received the letter this afternoon. My daughter will be attending the interview on Nov 12 at 9:00a.m.
The time is abit too early in the morning, I am afraid that my daughter will not be in the mood to answer any questions, as she is a shy girl particularly when she is in the new enviorment.
As st.catherine is really my main target kinder, i am thinking should I apply other kinder as warm up before st.catherine's interview? (i only applied st.catherine at the moment)

cpmummy

19#
發表於 04-10-3 01:15 |只看該作者

我今日都收到form喇~
12Nov  9:15am 見面,
我多數都會比個囝排英文in,
因為佢多數講英文, 而且唔想佢咁辛苦等太耐~
但相反要我見外籍老師我就好鬼緊張~
我N年未同鬼婆講過野...
日日對住d日本仔, 都唔記得英文點講喇...
有冇面試班比家長返嫁??
等我補番幾粒鍾都好...

除咗:
Why you choose this school?
What you expect ?
仲有d乜野問題嫁??
有邊位可以教吓路??又或交流吓??

醒目開學勳章

20#
發表於 04-10-3 02:40 |只看該作者

danielboy,

My daugther will be attending the interview on 12 NOV 04 at 9:00am.  
‹ 上一主題|下一主題