用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 崇真小學暨幼稚園(小學部) any parents from Tsung Tsin Internation school (IJSS ...
發新帖
查看: 2912|回覆: 1
go

any parents from Tsung Tsin Internation school (IJSS) [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 08-8-6 14:25 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
My girl was admitted to IK1 this sept.   I would like to seek for the opinions from the current IJSS's ( International primary school ) parents.  

1)  What kind of secondary schools will students go after IJSS ?  

2 ) Does the student has any problem to cope into local secondary school after graduation from IJSS?

3)  Are students of IJSS only strong in spoken English & PTH?
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 08-9-23 14:35 |只看該作者
Dear lamsumdavid,

I hope it won't be too late to answer your questions.  I haven't visit this forum for a long time and just come again to find some information for me in choosing secondary school.

My girl studies in J.4F.  In the school website, you can find which secondary schools are the TTPS graduates entering, or just click the following link.

http://www.ttpskg.edu.hk/chi/44.htm

However, for IJSS, there isn't such information yet as the 1st year's student are still studying J.5F.

So far, I don't think the IJSS students would have any problem in coping with local secondary school curriculum if the medium of instruction is English.  Actually, the Chinese textbooks are the same as mainstream.  The Maths standard is the same but they study in English.  The General Studies is kind of interactive teaching using material similar to the UK schools and the students like it very much.  This really stimulates their observations and interests in their daily living.  I can't remember the name of the workbooks they are using.  But you can visit the following website and have an idea about what they are teaching.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/ks2bitesize/science/activities/light_shadows.shtml
For English, they are using the textbook 'Backpack' and start to have a grammar book and exercise in J. 4.

I think the students of IJSS are stronger in English but not to the extent of some international schools as most of the students are local Chinese and they are talking in Cantonese at home or in their leisure time.  Most students are able to speak good PTH, I'm not sure, probably the same as the mainstream.  I think in mainstream they are also teaching Chinese in PTH.  Anyhow, as a whole I think all the students in TTPS, including mainstream and international, have better language development than many of the subsidized primary schools.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題