用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Any comment about Japanese IS?
發新帖
查看: 1498|回覆: 5
go

Any comment about Japanese IS? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 07-12-24 23:34 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
Like teachers, curriculum, atomsphere, mandarin lesson.

1. are the teachers caring and patient?

2. is the curriculum of reasonable standard? (i think ESF is quite easy)

3. since the english section is quite small, is that like a big family?

4. does the mandarin teacher speak only mandarin in the class?  some IS mandarin teachers, most of the time, speak english in mandarin class , e.g. can u give me an "橙".

5. any school activities, e.g. sport day, x'mas concert, school fair?

6. by the way, the new principal mentioned that there is a change in the english section, what is it? Is it good?

thank you.
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 07-12-26 17:42 |只看該作者
Hi Fattymom,

Here are some of my comments on JIS:

Really depends on the class teacher.  To my standard, the new teacher of Reception is a bit too young.  She is not as caring and patient as the teacher my son had before in kindergarten.   But I notice some teachers do have good relationships with their students.

2. is the curriculum of reasonable standard? (i think ESF is quite easy)

Not sure.  Don't know the curriculum of other schools.   My son learnt quite a lot of vocab. in the past few months.

3. since the english section is quite small, is that like a big family?

Definitely YES.  Only around 200 students in the English Section.  The principal knows all the students by name.  Even other class teachers know most of the students' names.

4. does the mandarin teacher speak only mandarin in the class?  some IS mandarin teachers, most of the time, speak english in mandarin class , e.g. can u give me an "橙".

Sorry, don't know.  No mandarin class yet in Reception.

5. any school activities, e.g. sport day, x'mas concert, school fair?

Just had Christmas Concert on 14 Dec organized by parents' association.  Pretty good.

6. by the way, the new principal mentioned that there is a change in the english section, what is it? Is it good?

Not sure what kind of change he is referring to.  Registered as an IB school?  Do not really see a change in the English Section.

Hope I help.

3#
發表於 07-12-26 22:56 |只看該作者
marcchar,

thank you very much!!  Recently, I feel ESF school is not my cup of tea, and thinking about JIS.  My son will attend an interview in Jan/Feb., your comment is very useful.  Will u continue P1 in JIS?  The environment of JIS is almost the same as the current kinder.  I think my son and I may feel comfortable about it.  By the way, is Mr. Walton friendly?  I think he will conduct the interview and so I want to know more about him.  Again, thank you .

原文章由 marcchar 於 07-12-26 17:42 發表
Hi Fattymom,

Here are some of my comments on JIS:

Really depends on the class teacher.  To my standard, the new teacher of Reception is a bit too young.  She ...

4#
發表於 07-12-28 14:36 |只看該作者
Fattymom,

To be honest, I'm planning to change school for my son after the holiday.  But after reviewing the comments in this forum, I think I will let him stay in JIS.  The school I'm considering before is RC.  We went to the school tour in Nov and noticed most of the students are from local Hong Kong families.  Definitely, RC is way not as INTERNATIONAL as JIS.  In my son's class, I think only 2 students (including my son) know and speak Cantonese.  So if you want your kid to speak and learn good English, JIS is your choice.

Mr. Walton is a very nice person.  He communicates with the students really well.

Good luck for your upcoming interview.

5#
發表於 07-12-28 15:01 |只看該作者
::" />:" /> marcchar,

It's glad that Mr. Walton can communicate with kids well.  My son is shy and needs some time to warm up.  You're right, in RC, there are lots of student speaking in Cantonese, that is the point I really concern.  My son can't speak cantonese (although we are cantonese::" />:" /> ) In his kinder, only a handful of children do speak cantonese at school, I want him to stay in the same environment after kinder stage.  I'm planning to teach him cantonese after going to P1.  I think it's great to stay at JIS, noboby knows which primary school is the best after 6 years.  Right?  By the way, how many kids in the reception class now?

原文章由 marcchar 於 07-12-28 14:36 發表
Fattymom,

To be honest, I'm planning to change school for my son after the holiday.  But after reviewing the comments in this forum, I think I will let him stay in JIS.  The school I'm considering be ...

[ 本文章最後由 Fattymom 於 07-12-28 15:13 編輯 ]

6#
發表於 07-12-28 16:29 |只看該作者
Fattymom,

In Sep, 11 students;
Dec, 12;
Jan 08, will be 15.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖