教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Singapore International School
樓主: kannes
go

Singapore International School [複製鏈接]

141#
發表於 06-6-15 16:40 |只看該作者

Re: Singapore International School

請問妳個女係讀2歲班還是2年班?

插班是有的,今年我女個班都有一個插班生(係很少有),但追到佢很辛苦,特別係法文, 佢家人要請人一對一同佢補!仲有英文,佢都跟唔到!

通常係1.2月interview,報名好似隨時都可以,大部份是9月開學後報名>

stephanie'sMum 寫道:
多謝妳的答覆!我還想請教SIS有没有收插班生?什麼時候去
INTERVIEW最好?十分感謝你能回應我,因為這個問題己困擾我很久!  
該用戶已被刪除

142#
發表於 06-6-15 17:01 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

143#
發表於 06-6-15 17:18 |只看該作者

SIS Supplementary Exercise -
you may buy those books at PTA.

SIS bookstore will sell books at every PTA.

Usually, I'll buy half year advance. e.g. my son studies in P5 now,
In July PTA, I'll buy all books for P6 (usually 2-3 exercise books for each subject)

To stephanie'sMum:
03年1月尾生的 - Primary 2
Yes, SIS中文是學簡体
該用戶已被刪除

144#
發表於 06-6-15 17:27 |只看該作者

145#
發表於 06-6-15 17:48 |只看該作者

It is very kind of you to give me so many valuable advice about studying in SIS. Your daughter is very smart and clever. She can read so many books. Incredible! I think she is an excellent reader and good at literacy. Do you suggest some reading list for P.3 and P.4 both in English and Chinese?   

146#
發表於 06-6-16 11:39 |只看該作者

Grade
  Year of Birth

Preparatory Year 1

Academic Year

2007/2008

聽講1月出世可以商量讀早一年!

stephanie'sMum 寫道:
thank's chanms!
   那如果中文學簡体,在香港看中文會不會看不懂?
今年9月我女是不是interview py2?

147#
發表於 06-6-16 18:03 |只看該作者

No problem in reading Traditional Chinese, because they should have many opportunities to read Traditional Chinese in their daily lives.
For example, most Mainland China immigrants adopt the Traditional Chinese very easily.

But they feel difficult in writing.

Anyway, difficulties make our children to learn and grow!

148#
發表於 06-6-16 23:05 |只看該作者

Hi all,

My son is now studying in Victoria and is going to study K2 in the coming September 2006. He was born in December of 2002. If I wish to apply for the SIS, should I apply for the class of P2 or P1?? I am confused by the classification. Please advise. Many thanks.   

149#
發表於 06-6-17 09:13 |只看該作者

Local school K2 = PY1 = 4 years old.

Mamamia 寫道:
Hi all,

My son is now studying in Victoria and is going to study K2 in the coming September 2006. He was born in December of 2002. If I wish to apply for the SIS, should I apply for the class of P2 or P1?? I am confused by the classification. Please advise. Many thanks.   

150#
發表於 06-6-17 09:23 |只看該作者

Hi, yyyy,

I've interest in your recommended books of science encyclomedia.  Pls advise us of the name of the book & the publisher ?  How about maths ? any recommended books ?

Thanks
ngtw

151#
發表於 06-6-17 09:49 |只看該作者

Name: Primary Science Encyclomedia
Publisher: Preston
Content: 1. Matter 2. Energy 3. Animal Life 4. Plant

I don't have any books for maths but buy some problem solving practice books from SIS bookstore or bookfair.

ngtw 寫道:
Hi, yyyy,

I've interest in your recommended books of science encyclomedia.  Pls advise us of the name of the book & the publisher ?  How about maths ? any recommended books ?

Thanks
ngtw

152#
發表於 06-6-17 09:53 |只看該作者

Thanks so much, yyyy.

May I ask some further questions, I know that the interviews for the year of 2006-2007 should have had conducted in January/February this year, is this meant that I have to apply for the next year of 2007/2008 of P2 only? In fact, I am worry my son if he could cope with the level of SIS.

Many thanks in advance.

153#
發表於 06-6-17 10:51 |只看該作者

As your son was born in 2002, he should study PY1 in the coming September. That means you need to apply PY2 in Sept afterwards and have interview in  Jan++next year.

As I know, Victoria has international class too.  The English level is high (I think). If you put him in internationsl class, I think it's easy for him to catch up in PY2.  Only for the mandarin (I don't know how much Victoria can support for Mandarin.  For SIS PY1, they will use one day English, one day Mandarin method in teaching PY1.  After one year, students are OK in both languages. In case Victoria not strong in Mandarin, you may buy some VCD or CD for your son to see or hear.  I bought 我會說華語 vol1(totally 3 vols)  from SIS bookstore and 背唐詩學普通話for my younger who is 2.5 years old now.

Mamamia 寫道:
Thanks so much, yyyy.

May I ask some further questions, I know that the interviews for the year of 2006-2007 should have had conducted in January/February this year, is this meant that I have to apply for the next year of 2007/2008 of P2 only? In fact, I am worry my son if he could cope with the level of SIS.

Many thanks in advance.

154#
發表於 06-6-19 11:24 |只看該作者

Thanks again, yyyy.

Regarding the mandarin speaking, actually i am a native mandarin speaker and my son is now studying in the Eng/Putonghua class, therefore, I think there will be no problem in this regard. I just worry about if there is any exam taken and if there is a lot of homework to do.........

Anywya, many thanks for your kindness advice.

155#
發表於 06-6-20 00:40 |只看該作者

kimum, please check PM

Thanks so much

該用戶已被刪除

156#
發表於 06-6-20 11:00 |只看該作者

157#
發表於 06-6-20 13:45 |只看該作者

通常是開學後即九月或十月份開始申請, 明年一月二月開始interview,應該是07九月才開學吧!

stephanie'sMum 寫道:
hi,yyyy
   還有一事請教,我女如果今年九月或十月份去interview,是不是要在07年9月讀sis?thank's!

158#
發表於 06-6-20 13:49 |只看該作者

It's great to hear that your child is OK at both english and mandarin.  It's better than mine. My elder child just studied in a local kinder before studying in SIS.  She is OK also.  Therefore, don't worry. They are the first year of kinder, the school will not ask for too much.  They don't have much homework as I remember, just have homework on Thursday or Friday.

\
Mamamia 寫道:
Thanks again, yyyy.

Regarding the mandarin speaking, actually i am a native mandarin speaker and my son is now studying in the Eng/Putonghua class, therefore, I think there will be no problem in this regard. I just worry about if there is any exam taken and if there is a lot of homework to do.........

Anywya, many thanks for your kindness advice.

159#
發表於 06-6-20 14:27 |只看該作者

Hi, yyyy

Your advice is so valuable to me. After much consideration and discussion with my hubby, we are going to apply for PY2 in the next September and my son shall stay as a K2 student in Victoria this year. Don't know if my son can pass the PY2 interview.

Thanks again, yyyy.

PS. Seems you have two daughters, right? Are you a working mother?

160#
發表於 06-6-20 17:00 |只看該作者

Yes, I have two girls. My younger one was born in Jan 2004.  I am thinking let her study in SIS PY1 next september if SIS allows. I will ask in September.

Would you mind to share your reasons for applying in next year? I want to consider it also.
Thanks.

Mamamia 寫道:
Hi, yyyy

Your advice is so valuable to me. After much consideration and discussion with my hubby, we are going to apply for PY2 in the next September and my son shall stay as a K2 student in Victoria this year. Don't know if my son can pass the PY2 interview.

Thanks again, yyyy.

PS. Seems you have two daughters, right? Are you a working mother?

‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖