發表於 07-12-4 15:42 |只看該作者
原文章由 wlk168win 於 07-12-4 00:49 發表
我諗你誤會喇, 第一, 我唔係話間學校差(放心),
第二, 我係話個細路差,
浸左咁多年, 唔好話寫(串字), 就連口講都好一般,
真係有的的意外, 宜家咪讀grade 3之麻.

孩子的學習 ( 語文也好,學科也好 ),有太多因素影響。

英語的學習,家中英語環境故然有幫助,但孩子個人處理第二語言的能力亦重要。

家中的英語環境,家長的英語水平,不可能對孩子的英語能力冇影響。國際學校孩子都要在課後大量閱讀,在低年級時,老師更會鼓勵家長和孩子一起讀書,如果家長英語差,孩子起碼少了一個運用/學習英語的機會。當然,部份本身聰穎的孩子,即使父母不懂英語,家中只看翡翠台,即使就讀本地學校,英語也可以學得不錯;但部份語文能力不太好的,即使家長本身係 "英文人" ,英語能力也未必一定會好。例如,我孩子 ( 讀 RC ) 班中有個 "鬼妹仔" 的英語閱讀能力就較差。

其實有部份孩子,是不適宜過早學第二語言的,我有朋友的孩子就被評估為,在小學階段只適宜學習一種語言,而由於他太太是英國人,他們就選擇了英語為學習語言,暫時只用英語,放棄了學中文。

其實大部份孩子,在有像 ESF 的英語環境下,即使本身英語不是第一語言,都會很快可以掌握英語。如果像你朋友孩子的情形,始終比較少有,我建議她跟老師認真談談,看看可以如何幫助孩子。

[ 本文章最後由 JennyL 於 07-12-4 15:58 編輯 ]

22#
發表於 07-12-4 17:00 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

醒目開學勳章

23#
發表於 07-12-4 17:07 |只看該作者
原文章由 JennyL 於 07-12-4 15:42 發表

孩子的學習 ( 語文也好,學科也好 ),有太多因素影響。

英語的學習,家中英語環境故然有幫助,但孩子個人處理第二語言的能力亦重要。

家中的英語環境,家長的英語水平,不可能對孩子的英語能力冇影響。國際學校孩子都要在課 ...

好中肯的意見.

雖然我囡囡現階段英文竟然好過中文(廣東話) , 但她在香港生活, 親朋戚友又大部份是講廣東話, 以上意見對我們處理她的第二語言, 是有一定幫助的 :) .

24#
發表於 07-12-4 17:49 |只看該作者

25#
發表於 07-12-4 20:11 |只看該作者

26#
發表於 07-12-4 21:27 |只看該作者

27#
發表於 07-12-4 22:53 |只看該作者
freshman

I can't help but reply to your statement "This is exactly the purpose of this kind of forum so that everyone can freely express what they want to say without the need of wearing a mask or be reminded of any curtesy required."

It is true that we don't know each other's true identity, and we don't have to hide behind a mask, but courtesy should never be ignored.  Even if we do not agree with the other person's viewpoints, we, as responsible adults, should respect each other's differences in opinions, and give our own views objectively.  Isn't this what the teachers teach our kids at school?  Furthermore, hostile language and tones are not good tools for helping each other, are they?  Isn't that why we come to this forum, to seek and give guidance?

An important internet etiquette is: don't write anything that you won't say to the person face-to-face.

If we all respect each other, wouldn't this world be a better place?

原文章由 freshman 於 07-12-4 09:27 PM 發表
Hi thankful

As you replied in a more reasonable tone, I would like to talk a little bit more.

Who is christf?  I am new to BK forum and had not read too many posts before and I just remembered a few ...

28#
發表於 07-12-4 23:01 |只看該作者

回覆 #25 thankful 的文章

Thankful,

The freshman is not a freshman. The different identifies may not know they are the same person. Ha! Ha!

[ 本文章最後由 一條毛 於 07-12-4 23:07 編輯 ]

29#
發表於 07-12-5 09:10 |只看該作者

30#
發表於 07-12-5 09:45 |只看該作者
原文章由 freshman 於 07-12-5 09:10 發表
By the way, are your kids studying in an IS?  I am looking for a good IS primary for my little daughter.  My friend told me to visit here to look for more information.  There are so many postings here and I really need time to read through them.

你要搵學校?
不如就揀寫你 quote 那篇文章的 P2 學生就讀的那間囉。

原文章由 freshman 於 07-12-5 09:10 發表
I don't know who is "一條毛". ? and I decide not to response to those unfriendly postings anymore.

原文章由 freshman 於 07-12-4 21:27 發表

As you replied in a more reasonable tone, I would like to talk a little bit more.

你話你唔係 christf?我估冇人信囉。

31#
發表於 07-12-5 10:30 |只看該作者

32#
發表於 07-12-5 11:59 |只看該作者
原文章由 freshman 於 07-12-5 10:30 發表
Hi nintendo,

I don't know why there are so many BK parents here said that I am "christf".  I think I really have to spend time to read through all his postings to know what's wrong with him.

To repl ...

freshman,

So which IS is your friend's kid studying?  The passage you quote does appears to be written by IS students.  I believe s/he is a very smart kid who has got good support from parents.

I am not surprised to see someone said that some IS kids' English is so-so if those kids speak Cantonese more than English even in school.  Entering IS never means that parents can just assume that the kids will be very good in English automatically.  Even native English kids can be poor in read and write if parents do not care to help their kids do their work at home (read books or do the worksheets given by school as minimum).  IS usually teaches kids how to learn, but not spoon-feeding hard data to kids, so kids really need to learn through reading a lot, practise a lot show and tell, write a lot... etc.  There is no free lunch.

If parents co-ordinate with school to work together in helping their kids, usually the kids are motivated to learn positively and can excel.  I think this applies to all types of schools, there are always very good and just so-so performing kids, no matter it is SPCC, DGS, DBS or LS.

33#
發表於 07-12-5 12:12 |只看該作者
Of course you do.  其實你係咪某人真係唔重要,只有你自己先知。

不過樓主沒有對你post出嚟P2小朋友的文章表示讚賞佩服,你就很不服氣,更豪不客氣地指”doubt your ability in judging the English standard of a kid.” 這是怎樣的態度?就算你不是他,你跟他(和網友交往的態度和言談)又有甚麽分別?

講真,有誰會隨手可以post朋友嘅小朋友嘅文章出來?如果唔係自己個仔嘅文章,點會隨手可得?仲要咁啱同某人個仔一樣讀緊P2,同樣愛好歷史?

原文章由 freshman 於 07-12-4 17:49 發表

...I personally know the parents of the case I quoted.

34#
發表於 07-12-5 12:38 |只看該作者
freshman

I think you stepped on quite a few toes with your first posting.  Regardless of whether you are who we all think you are, using the name "freshman" gives the impression you have a fresh mind, and are open to ideas.  However, by just entering the discussion thread and throwing out a piece of written work to challenge wlk168win is very threatening, especially the way you hinted that she is not making good judgement.  This is similar to going to a Karaoke, going on stage, and pointing out at someone to say s/he sang poorly.  I suggest you reflect on your actions, which initated this hostile exchange.

Anyway, to answer your question, yes, my son is an international school student.  Like many parents have shared here, no matter how good a school is, the parents have to understand and accept the teaching methodologies, and work together with the teachers so that their child can grow and blossom.

Having said that, when selecting a school, not so much is dependent on what others say about it, but your own understading and "buy-in" to the school's systems, curriculum, and methodologies.  A clear picture of and alignment with the school's vision, mission, and guiding principle is also vital to your child's success and your satisfaction with the school in later years.

原文章由 freshman 於 07-12-5 09:10 AM 發表
Hi Yosashto,

Yes, I think you are right. If we respect each other's views, it can foster more fruitful discussions.  

Similarly, I don't like the tone of those postings like "一條毛" . I don't know  ...

35#
發表於 07-12-5 12:39 |只看該作者

36#
發表於 07-12-5 12:59 |只看該作者
原文章由 freshman 於 07-12-5 12:39 發表
Hi WYmom,

As the atmosphere in BK is not so friendly, so I don't want to disclose too much about the background of my friends and their kid.  I can only tell that my friends' son is studying in an IS ...

freshman,

Thanks for your sharing.  Yes, that's the way how parents support the kids positively.  In IS, we don't care too much how the kids perform as compared to others, but more concern if the kids are progressing positively and are becoming more confident.  

I believe you can find a very good school for your daughter with your good friend's experience.

37#
發表於 07-12-5 13:58 |只看該作者

38#
發表於 07-12-5 18:17 |只看該作者
原文章由 thankful 於 07-12-4 20:11 發表
I am referring to christf who is infamous for his habit of opening new accounts under different names.  The real intention of a writer is hard to discern, just as is hard to know your true identity.   ...

This is not the first time, and will not be the last time, he created new accounts in order to criticise people.

I just cannot believe a person can be so thick-skinned.
Everyone recognises the way he writes and his tone.
Every time someone says something that he thinks is negative about international schools, he would immediately react and defend.

You can say he is quite stupid. Because everytime, he is using almost exactly the same tone, same arguments, same tactics and sometimes the same wordings. How can anyone not remembering him.

People, just do not mess with ESF or GSIS in particular. Not even one single negative comment is allowed. He would chase you to the end of the world.

However, if you have negative comments with other schools, in particular ICS, CAIS or SIS, he would be more then happy to jump in and second you.

People in ESF, just be thankful, ok, because his son has left and is no longer with your school. People in all other ISs (including ESF), just pray that his son is doing well at GSIS, so that he can stay and not come to your school.

However, no one can be so sure. Heard that his problematic son is having problems at GSIS, again. According to him, his son has never stayed in one school for a long time. His son as been in 3 kindergartens and 2 primary schools, and is now only in P2 or P3. Recently he is saying that his son has problems at GSIS. Just keep your fingers crossed that the kid would not being leaving GSIS for YOUR international school.

People with GSIS, you are probably wishing that his son would leave. But please, for the good of all other international schools, just keep him there.

If I were a GSIS parent, I would feel so embarassed. He is always coming out praising the school when there is a chance.

39#
發表於 07-12-5 19:29 |只看該作者
原文章由 freshman 於 07-12-4 17:49 發表

From the original tone of this thread, it seemed that there is again another BK parent who hatred IS and would like to bad mouth the IS students.  Therefore, I quoted one of the cases I known not only to check the creditability of the her personal judgement but also to show that many IS students are in fact not so bad.  

Who is christf?  I am new to BK forum and had not read too many posts before and I just remembered a few ...

" again another BK parent " --- 你以前成日黎 bk 咩?你點解知以往好多人 bad mouth 國際學校呢?

" I am new to BK forum and had not read too many posts" --- 下,乜後來又話自己係新人,咁你都幾神通廣大喎。

Anyway, I think it is not necessary to dig out the objectives of any contributors.

下?
最初,係你話你質疑有人 bad mouth 國際學校;
而家又話 "not necessary to dig out the objectives of any contributors"。
即係你質疑人地就得,但係一比人踢爆你個 "真身" ,就又縮。
咁 bk 真係比你玩晒啦。

[ 本文章最後由 Cara2006 於 07-12-6 08:21 編輯 ]

40#
發表於 07-12-6 08:29 |只看該作者
好似睇個學校封newsletter, 在各科, 尤其在高年級, maths 科方面都高的..

算la.  I don't care.  小朋友不是用來滿足父母的期望/慾望 .  等佢地自己lead their own lives la.....想迫死佢地咩

原文章由 wlk168win 於 07-12-4 11:30 發表

Kowloon J.  --- thanks!

btw, 點解咁問呢?

佢有個妹妹, 所以諗緊比唔比埋佢讀, 還是讀番主流.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題