教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Woodland Parents
樓主: sng
go

Woodland Parents [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 07-4-23 11:18 |只看該作者

Re: Woodland Parents

Thanks!
You will speak English with your kids at home.
Then your kids enjoy to speak English rather than Cantonese?

filicity 寫道:
Hi LittlePigmom,

We have the english environment for her at home before she joined the playgroup, so I am not sure for this point. sorry.

Filicity

22#
發表於 07-4-23 22:42 |只看該作者

It depends on the situation, but she likes to talk with me in Cantoness rather than English at home.

23#
發表於 07-4-24 00:12 |只看該作者

hello filicity,

Thank you for your info.  I will check!

Hope he can start his playgroup at woodland when he is 18 months old.
誕生日: 2006年2月14號重2.735kg, 長 48cm

24#
發表於 07-4-24 15:06 |只看該作者

ckbee,

my younger daughter will finish her wriggler class and start her playgroup in the coming summer too, wonder she will be in the same class with your son my elder daughter will move on to stepping stone this summer

25#
發表於 07-4-25 11:16 |只看該作者

oh, babyoush,

our child may join the same group!  how many times would you like your daughter to join?  now I want him twice a week, the group at 10:45 am - 12:30pm.  He will be 18 months old in mid-Aug and I plan to let him start in Sept.  Keep in touch and let you know when his seat is confirmed la!

26#
發表於 07-4-25 14:41 |只看該作者

ckbee,
I think I will let her go three times a week because her wriggler class is twice a week and she is fine with that. So I think she can manage to go three times a week.

27#
發表於 07-4-26 22:28 |只看該作者

ok, babyoush,

i c. anyway, let's see if our child will be classmate or not la!

28#
發表於 07-4-28 23:04 |只看該作者

babyoush,

Oh, I forgot to ask you.  How many kids are there in wriggler class? Is it the only one class or does woodland has more than 1 wriggler class? (I suppose all of them will join playgroup).

My son is on the waiting list of playgroup, in less than 4 months he will be 18 months.  I am thinking what is the chances for him to get in .... I have no clue how many kids are waiting to join woodland... so I really don't know how long he has to wait! Besides, I don't know does woodland accept all applicants? The  receptionist said the chance is high.  But I have to plan ahead if he can't get in when he is 20 months old or afterwards... I have to look for other one for him....

29#
發表於 07-5-16 17:50 |只看該作者

Ms.Roise is a really good teacher as she was the stepping stone teacher of my girl. And, Erika also is geat but she change to teach in Repluse Bay and the english class (Sat) only.

If pre-school class, Ms.Maria also is very good.

And, the following experience as I posted in other topic b4,

我個女由1yr8mths開始係woodland讀,woodland同其他兩間係完全唔同既學校,我地大部份mami都係諗住比個小朋友升上international school / 好多都係外國人。我唔諗住比個我個女讀升上international school,但想比佢習慣同外國人communicate同學好d英文所以比佢係woodland讀。我個女係屋企mainly係用cantonese溝通但如果你用英文同佢講野,佢會明白曬同用英文答你 (而且d音係"計"妹音)佢講英文咬字重好過中文。

besides, 我個女係2yrs已經識好多野,佢地會tidy up佢地既玩具,食茶點會自己攞用具,用完會放好同推好張椅等等(woodland好在意train小朋友既自理能力)。另外,會教佢地講thank you, pls, good morning.....同埋用禮貌既字同形句等等。

總括一句,我覺得woodland係一間好好既學校(我兩個表弟之前都係woodland讀,上kind就去左st.paul chruch而家就一個係st.joseph,一個係高主教)

我之前都去卓基/偉思/victoria'迦南...都睇過,佢地真係同woodland好唔同,前者係一d for 香港人既所謂international school,入面9成以上係香港人,教學模式同香港一般既kind.無咩分別,只係用eng教而woodland真係一間international sch.,入面外國人多(咩國籍都有),教學模式同前者好唔同(我唔知點講,你地去睇下上堂就知架啦)

順帶一提,woodland唔係只睇個小朋友既年齡來決定個小朋友可否升級,佢地會睇個小朋友係各方面是否合適升級,我個女有個playgroup既同學仔(大過我個女3個月),而家都重係stay係playgroup既status,所以佢地一個class面,有d小朋友比較大,有d比較細(好像我個女就比較細,但佢好成熟既)。

但我見過pre-school既小朋友上堂,佢地既putonghua係讀同認字。

佢地既教學係咁既,年年都會有唔同既theme,今年06-07就係"seasons and celebrations"再去分Practical life experience, Sensorial Experience, Mathematical experience, Language experience, Arts & Crafts, Musical and Rhythmical experience, Cultural Experiences: History, Botany, Geography, Science同putonghua。

woodland既教學法係"蒙特利梳",佢地既教育理念同我教小朋友一樣,係令小朋友對學習生興趣,自行發問,finding and explorer。佢地唔主張小朋友太早寫字。
如果你想小朋友k1就寫字,我諗這間學校唔係太fit你,係會覺得個小朋友無咩做咁。我覺得幫小朋友搵學校,一定要學校既教學方針同家長一樣,家長先可以係屋企配合,令個小朋友既成長同學習更好。

我一放工返到屋企,我都spent好多時間同買好多"蒙特利梳"既玩具比我個女玩(li d唔係學校叫既,只係我好認同佢既教學而自行配合),所以我個女係2yrs前已經識a-z同好多英文單字,係2yrs左右已經可以諗得a-z既大細草(是旦指一個佢都識),認得1-10同佢既中英讀法,而家就1-30都識lu。未計好多好多既中英生字,佢識既英文比k2既小朋友多好多(我係屋企係講cantonese既)。而家我教緊佢個位加數。
我從來都唔會專登捉住個女去教佢,我會出街見到咩就利用機會去問佢︰妹妹,li個叫咩呀?li個係電車,英文係tram。(佢會follow我講一次)咁li架電車係咩color,what color is this tram?佢會答我,比如:white。
我個女既生字就係咁累積番來,而家輪到佢會主動問我︰媽媽,li個叫咩呀?   

I am highly recommend this school     

30#
發表於 07-5-17 23:21 |只看該作者

Hi princess_mama,

So how old is your daughter?  is she still studying in Woodland?

Fili

31#
發表於 07-5-18 13:05 |只看該作者

My son is studying at Woodland Taitam now.  He loves going to school very very much.  However, some people said that some teachers are not montessori trained.
filicity 寫道:
Hi princess_mama,

Fili

32#
發表於 07-5-18 17:32 |只看該作者

ckbee,

My daughter has 3-4 classmates, I am not sure whether they will continue to playgroup or not. I have talked to the school about my daughter since she has just finished the wriggler class. I ask the school see she will continue the wriggler class or will go to the playgroup. The school reply me that they only have vacancy in the afternoon class for morning class we need to wait until july. Maybe I will continue the wriggler class for one more month and wait for the morning class so that my girls can go to school together in the morning.

33#
發表於 07-5-20 17:55 |只看該作者

My daughter is 3 years old now and she is studing the pre-sch. class of Ms.Maria in Mid-level sch. now~ But on the coming Sept., she will move to St.Paul (CWB) for K1~
filicity 寫道:
Hi princess_mama,

Fili

34#
發表於 07-5-20 17:57 |只看該作者

Ms.Erika is have the well trained of Monterssori, she was the playgroup teacher of my girl.
Now, my girl also study the english class in every sat. due to the class teacher is Ms.Erika~

35#
發表於 07-5-25 17:48 |只看該作者

I want my son join the summer course in woodland. Pls commet!

36#
發表於 07-5-25 21:35 |只看該作者

hello babyoush,

thank you so much.  I hope they have vacancy for my son in the morning too.   I am actually also trying to put him to bed earlier and hopefully he can wake up earlier in the morning, so that he can join wriggler.

If he is able to wake up early, he will join wriggler, will be your daughter's classmate!

37#
發表於 07-6-1 10:49 |只看該作者

It seems like only 3 of the Woodland schools use the Montessori approach.  Any comments on Woodland Happy Valley?  Is it any good compared to say Mid-levels?

38#
發表於 07-6-16 02:27 |只看該作者

hello babyoush,

I got a call from woodland and the lady confirm me my son will start his playgroup in sept.  My son will take 2 times per week, 10:45am session, I guess it is different from yours right?  Did you get any news from woodland?

39#
發表於 07-6-18 18:20 |只看該作者

Hello ckbee,

I received the confirmation from woodland already. My elder daughter will start SS in July and younger daughter will start PG in Aug, 3 times a week in morning class.  

‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖