搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 New School: Renaissance College of ESF in Ma On Shan
查看: 10128|回覆: 42
go

New School: Renaissance College of ESF in Ma On Shan [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 05-9-5 12:50 |只看該作者

New School: Renaissance College of ESF in Ma On Shan

Is anybody here are interesed in apply the new ESF school in Ma On Shan?  the enrollment is started.  Let's talk..

2#
發表於 05-9-6 17:34 |只看該作者

Re: New School: Renaissance College of ESF in Ma On Shan

I am also thinking about it.  The application fee is quite expensive - $800.  They said there would be no deadline for application but interview would be granted to those who handed in the application form.  Not sure if this is a good school because I am also considering Hong Lok Yuen International School.  Will you apply and what do you think about this school?

3#
發表於 05-9-6 17:54 |只看該作者

Is this the school that the Phoenix international school will become?

4#
發表於 05-9-7 09:31 |只看該作者

BebeJ,

Yes, this is Phoenix, they will change the name into Renaissance next year after moved to MOS.

Ruby

5#
發表於 05-9-7 10:20 |只看該作者

Ruby
What about the name as "Yuet Sun"?

I saw some discussion about the school before, just want to know more about their Cirr, especially on Chinese/mandarin, what is the % per day? Is your kid study there now?

6#
發表於 05-9-7 10:21 |只看該作者

Ruby

I saw some discussion about the school before, just want to know more about their Cirr, especially on Chinese/mandarin, what is the % per day? Is your kid study there now?

7#
發表於 05-9-7 10:28 |只看該作者

I think they are not using the name "Yuet Sun" now.  I saw in some reporting that they are just considering "Yuet Sun" as their name, but now they decided to use Renaissance College
gracemama123 寫道:
Ruby

8#
發表於 05-9-7 10:31 |只看該作者

I agree.  It's not deserve to pay that $800.  But you have no choice.  Do you mean that we need to hand in the application form, otherwise no interview will be granted?
cilla 寫道:
I am also thinking about it.  The application fee is quite expensive - $800.  They said there would be no deadline for application but interview would be granted to those who handed in the application form.  Not sure if this is a good school because I am also considering Hong Lok Yuen International School.  Will you apply and what do you think about this school?

9#
發表於 05-9-7 10:34 |只看該作者

I attended their school introduction briefing before.  They said that they will have Chinese lesson almost everyday, about 1 to 2 hours.  I think that is acceptable.

10#
發表於 05-9-7 11:17 |只看該作者

>>Chinese lesson almost everyday

Chinese lesson everyday 50 min.

11#
發表於 05-9-7 16:35 |只看該作者

gracemama123,

Yes, my son is studying there, just started last week.

They have Chinese lesson every morning for 50 minutes. The teacher uses mostly Cantonese and then little Mandarin to teach them Chinese.

Ruby

12#
發表於 05-9-7 21:55 |只看該作者

Ruby
Thanks.  Oh! You finally choose this school for your kid, I remembered we have some sharing here about the interview in ICS.  I finally have my kid in CAIS.

Just curious, is there any "non-chinese" (say Korean or Japanese and / other nations) in Renaissance? If teachers use Cantonese, how can those "non-chinese" understand this?  

Hope your son enjoy the school life a lot.

13#
發表於 05-9-8 09:49 |只看該作者

Could you guys tell me how is the interview about?  Is it difficult?

14#
發表於 05-9-8 10:12 |只看該作者

gracemama,

Yes, he enjoys the school a lot.

In Phoenix/Renaissance, for the Chinese lesson, they separate the kids from NCL (non Chinese language) and native Chinese sections. They teach the NCL kids with English.

Why you are considering Renaissance ? You don't want your kid to continue studying in CAIS ?

Ruby

15#
發表於 05-9-8 10:14 |只看該作者

For the interview, I think it's not particularly difficult. Similar to the ESF schools, the most important thing is the proficiency in English. Your kid have to demonstrate that they can understand and communicate in English.

Other than that, should be fine.

I don't have much details about the format and the questions, as we were not allow to accompany the kid while my son did not talk much about it to me.

Hope it helps.

Ruby

16#
發表於 05-9-8 11:50 |只看該作者

Ruby1213
Thanks for the info.
My kid and I like CAIS, I just want to understand more on other international school.

17#
發表於 05-9-9 09:45 |只看該作者

Dear Ruby and Gracemama,

Thanks for your info.  What is CAIS ?  Want to follow your discussion.

Doris

18#
發表於 05-9-14 23:10 |只看該作者

The full name of CAIS is Chinese Alliance P.C.Lau
International School.It is a Christian school ,kids there are happy and well disciplined.

19#
發表於 05-9-15 12:18 |只看該作者

Oh,sorry,typing mistake.
Should be "Christian Alliance"

20#
發表於 05-9-15 15:41 |只看該作者

May I know that where isCAIS?
‹ 上一主題|下一主題