發新帖
樓主: sagesage
go

新聞透視 --- 學位有多荒 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 13-12-15 17:15 |顯示全部帖子
shadeslayer 發表於 13-12-15 16:34
最近 PISA 成績香港排全球第二。究竟差在那裡?
By the above measure, Shanghai ranks numero uno, the top of the world, but we only see Shanghainese eager to educate their children abroad instead of the world's children flocking to Shanghai, so either there is something wrong with PISA, or something wrong with 24 million Shanghainese.

2#
發表於 13-12-16 01:39 |顯示全部帖子
shadeslayer 發表於 13-12-16 00:39
PISA is a large sample test across many countries and cities and the results must have some truth in it
Some truth, whatever amount there is, had obviously not caused any significant change in terms of more foreign children going to Shanghai to study nor less Shanghainese children going abroad, or we would have heard of such a trend by now because these PISA tests has been conducted for a number of years. So feel free to take it for whatever value you think there is in it {:1_1:}

3#
發表於 13-12-16 10:07 |顯示全部帖子
shadeslayer 發表於 13-12-16 07:53
Not a lot of people flocking in to study in Finland, right?  ...
My point exactly, not a lot of people flocked to Finland before, and not a lot of people flocking to Shanghai and Hongkong now. Goes to show just how relevant these PISA rankings are doesn't it.

4#
發表於 13-12-16 12:28 |顯示全部帖子
shadeslayer 發表於 13-12-16 11:07
You are saying PISA is irrelevant as a measure of education even though it has rigorous sample and t ...
Nope, I'm saying PISA scores do not represent the overall quality of education of a country or region because it is a very specific set of tests aimed at a very specific age group, no matter how rigorously the tests were conducted. It is like testing the performance of an engine rigorously and claim the result represents the overall performance of a car.

Remember a few posts ago our friend NoahArk asked you "Do the PISA scores have any relevance in your planning?", your answer was a cryptic one ... "Once I understand what other people think, I can talk about what I think", didn't sound like PISA is very important to you either.

5#
發表於 13-12-16 23:20 |顯示全部帖子
shadeslayer 發表於 13-12-16 20:55
When someone said Hk education is rubbish, what do they mean?  Certainly not all aspects of HK education is rubbish, right?  ...
Different people will probably give you a different answer, some may dislike the rote learning, some may dislike the amount of repetitive homework, some may dislike the amount of out of school extra tuition, some may dislike memorizing model answers for exams, or any combination of the above.

One would expect Hongkong's consistent high PISA scores to ease the shortage of international school places, not only should locals feel more inclined towards sticking to local schools, but some of the foreign children who come would opt for local schools too if they buy the PISA story, but nothing like that had happened.

點評

ckwliu  You and I know very well what is wrong with the local education and this is why we are on this IS page. Some people however likes to argue against it all the time...  發表於 13-12-18 16:43

6#
發表於 13-12-21 17:32 |顯示全部帖子
Jules_S 發表於 13-12-21 10:24
Here in HK, u have great variety of choice ...
I'm not surprised to hear contrary views, I have a friend who had lived in UK for many years and his daughter was born there. He came back to HK some years ago and decided that a HK style education is better for his daughter because he felt his daughter "was not learning anything" in the UK.

I always believe each family's situation and preferences are different and strictly speaking there are no right or wrong choices, however the choices we make for our children today do have an effect on how well they will fit into certain societies in future, so one should consider which part of the world they will most likely be living in when making choices for them.

‹ 上一主題|下一主題