用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 IB parents , please share your view on IB!
發新帖
查看: 2808|回覆: 1
go

IB parents , please share your view on IB! [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 10-12-16 16:55 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 newmama0724 於 10-12-16 16:20 發表
IB is a trend on inter'l sch ,private and DSS sch, but I was told that IB students have to study six subjects including science and mat. If someone is not good at science, like me, it is hard to pass  ...

IBD appears to be the trend, it is also known to be tough, more difficult than AL and SAT.   Students must choose both Science and Art subjects.  For DBS and SPCC, the schools choose the more capable students to take IBD.
In IS, most students have to take IBD, some less capable students may take IB certificate instead of IB Diploma.  But universities normally only consider IBD.  For good universities, of course they require higher score, 35 to above 40, depending on which faculty.
I think if students do not want to take IBD exam in the last 2 years of secondary, they can go to UK to take AL, or go to US to take SAT.  A lot of IS students go overseas to study high schools at 14-16 years old.

[ 本帖最後由 WYmom 於 10-12-16 17:00 編輯 ]

2#
發表於 10-12-17 07:20 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 newmama0724 於 10-12-16 20:57 發表
Thanks WYmom!
How about the U in Hong kong ? Do they accept the IBD students?
If students normally learning in the IB way and go to the  uk and the usa to take AL and SAT , would it be difficult for t ...

Don't think that there is difficulties for IS students to study in UK and USA/ Canada for high schools.  So far from my kids, I feel that learning IB is more difficult than the other curriculums as they require more inquiries and thinking across different subjects in boarder and deeper aspects.
As said by nintendo, SAT is an aptitude exam for applying US Us.  What I mean is that students usually go to UK and US to study high schools and take the AL and SAT exams for applying Us.  If go to Canadian high schools, then just need to finish the Canadian Diploma.
IBD students can also apply Us in HK through non-jupas.  Different Us and faculties have different requirements.  High scores are required for applying hot programs like medicine, law etc.

[ 本帖最後由 WYmom 於 10-12-17 08:10 編輯 ]
‹ 上一主題|下一主題