用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 ANY RECOMMENDATION FOR INT'L KINDERGARTEN?
發新帖
查看: 9547|回覆: 4
go

ANY RECOMMENDATION FOR INT'L KINDERGARTEN? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 04-9-21 00:07 |顯示全部帖子

Re: ANY RECOMMENDATION FOR INT'L KINDERGARTEN?

Hi CherylMum,

Thanks for your sharing regarding the international schools on Kowloon side which gives me a better idea of the options available.  

I just wonder why you don't put your younger child to ESF kindy as well but instead send her to Anfield or YMCA?  Has your daughter tried Toddler's World of YMCA before?  How does it compare with Anfield?  I'm not sure which school offers better playgroups but eventually I want my daughter to continue thru kindergarten in the same school if she is accepted.  And I'm thinking about Anfield or YMCA.  Kingston is too expensive and Anfield is marginally affordable.

From your comment, Anfield seems to be a good school but I've also read about comments that:
- some of their teachers are English-speaking but not native speakers?
- they are very commercial, i.e. lots of charges, e.g. application for K1 already costs you $800, application for playgroup costs $380
- the principal was more like a manager than an educator
- it's a profit-making organization

Instead YMCA is a non-profit Christian kindy but
- their classrooms are not as nice (classrooms along a long corridor, no outdoor playground)
- less Putonghua

May I ask why you'd choose YMCA too if your daughter was attending Anfield playgroup?

Any parents of Anfield or YMCA kids here please share your views.

2#
發表於 04-9-22 14:18 |顯示全部帖子

Thousand thanks CherylMum.

3#
發表於 04-9-24 00:14 |顯示全部帖子

Wow thanks a lot Justjust.  It's kinda late but I can't help writing back to say thanks.  Reading your comments, I could visualize myself being in Toddler's World with my daughter.  You've covered every detail of the playgroup.  Now I feel much more relieved.  In fact, I've enrolled my child on their Toddler's World.  What bothering me was whether it was a right decision because there was a lot of good comments about Anfield too.

I learnt that some teachers of Toddler's World have left the Y and started their own business.  I wonder if that would affect the quality of Toddler's World, what I mean is are the remaining or new teachers as good? But I do believe there are lots of good teachers out there.  

Thanks again.

4#
發表於 04-9-24 12:42 |顯示全部帖子

Justjust,

I haven't sent an application yet.  Perhaps I should do it now 'cause my girl should start K1 next September.  For your info, if your child has attended Toddler's World for 2 terms before admission, she will be given priority for the kindy.  I learnt this during their orientation last week.

5#
發表於 04-12-28 14:14 |顯示全部帖子

Re: Anfield

Anfield is really a very commercial school, for my opinion, if you want your child to study in international school, Kowloon Baptist Church Kindergarden is a good choice! My daughter is now studying there for K2, most of the teacher there are excellent! Anfield is good but if compare with KBCK, it is really a big different!

Hi Fiona88,

Could you elaborate a bit what you mean by commercial about Anfield please?  And how does it compare with KBCK?  I heard that KBCK is quite small.  I haven't visited the school but I'm considering KBCK for my child to start next year if she can get a place.  Thanks.

Sandrine
‹ 上一主題|下一主題