用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Boxhill MOS & ESF WKS 讀邊間好?
發新帖
樓主: bbmama100
go

Boxhill MOS & ESF WKS 讀邊間好? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 12-5-10 00:54 |顯示全部帖子
My son is in Mos Boxhill K3 this year. We turned down the offer of ESF Wks when he was K1 considering the back up in case he didn't get any offer from RC. This year, I can see that the Chinese teachers put in a lot of effort in brushing the children's Chinese though the standard is yet to be comparable, I must agree that the chinese standard is pretty high. I was quite surprised by that when I saw his homework recently. For parents aiming at RC, I think you needn't compare too much against Wks for the past 2 years cos this is a pretty new school n there weren't that many cat 1 kids when it launched n most of the kids were local. They went in at age of K2 still given a chance to interview which is unusual for ESF. That's why only around 60+% of the kids from Wks were accepted that year. A very low % indeed. it got slightly better last year n it didn't really affect the situation in box hill. This year should really be the year for comparison. Category doesn't really affect that much in RC cos they take in around 70% locals if I am still updated.

2#
發表於 12-5-23 19:51 |顯示全部帖子
PiyoC, the Chinese in Boxhill is traditional chinese n they have both pth n Cantonese lesson in school. There is 1 Chinese lesson daily which last about 1/2 hr n pth that last abt 15 mins beginning with K2 if I remembered correctly.
I am not sure of the sessions but u can request to switch to the morning class when he is K1. It all depends on availability but definitely you will be in the afternoon for K3 class.

3#
發表於 12-5-23 19:54 |顯示全部帖子
Littlexbb, I knew someone with twins n both were accepted by RC last year but of cos there are siblings not accepted. I think it all depends on the interview.

4#
發表於 12-6-2 18:14 |顯示全部帖子
PiyoC, most Kids from BH target RC. I agree that when RC seems easier than Esf, it would be due to the category issue. 70% of RC students had to be from family of Hk resident. However, you will not be accepted if your English language ability is below expectation. As for Sjs, they need to set priority to Esf kinder applicants and also cat 1 applicants.
As for where would the remaining students of BH go to after K3, I think it is fair to comprehend that BH has no advantage over local or dss schools.  This is an intl kinder n they don't aim to train you for those local school interviews unlike preparations for interview at RC or ESf. That's my feeling. Students just apply at their own expense.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題