教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Anfield students to which IS
發新帖
查看: 1720|回覆: 11
go

Anfield students to which IS [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 07-5-12 23:21 |只看該作者

Anfield students to which IS

Hi, my girl is 2 years old this month and is studying in Anfield Playgrounp, I am thinking to provide her kinder & primary at IS, but not sure how as I am firmilar with IS.

Please advise......
1) ESF kinder goes to ESF Primary, but how to enter their kinder?
2) other than ESF kinder, any kinder can apply & accept. please advise some informations as I am confuse here. Thanks........
Anson & Anise

2#
發表於 07-5-14 10:48 |只看該作者

Re: Anfield students to which IS

My son has been studying in Anfield for almost 2 years.  As I know, (information getting from chatting with other parents), some students will go to AIS after K1.  For the students graduated from Anfield, they will mainly go to ESF.  This is not saying that Anfield student will be only accepted  by ESF.  It's only because most parents choose ESF.  Further, there are many students live in the catchment area of KJS, and therefore KJS principal will go to Anfield to see the students.  I know that there is a K2 girl will go to FIS.  All in all, if I were u, I'll let the little one stay at Anfield.

On the other hand, if u want to apply ESF kinder, it's not difficult.  U just send the birth cert and proof of address to ESF kinder for the application form and send it back one year before the date that your kid is eligible to ESF kinder.

Hope can help.

3#
發表於 07-5-14 20:16 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

4#
發表於 07-5-15 03:05 |只看該作者

HI fattymom,
Thanks for your info, just one more question: you mentioned that most Anfield's go to ESF, does it mean ESF almost accept all Anfield children? If not, where are the rest going? Local / IS???  

Thanks again........
Anson & Anise

5#
發表於 07-5-15 03:06 |只看該作者

HI fattymom,
Thanks for your info, just one more question: you mentioned that most Anfield's go to ESF, does it mean ESF almost accept all Anfield children? If not, where are the rest going? Local / IS???  

Thanks again........

Fattymom 寫道:
My son has been studying in Anfield for almost 2 years.  As I know, (information getting from chatting with other parents), some students will go to AIS after K1.  For the students graduated from Anfield, they will mainly go to ESF.  This is not saying that Anfield student will be only accepted  by ESF.  It's only because most parents choose ESF.  Further, there are many students live in the catchment area of KJS, and therefore KJS principal will go to Anfield to see the students.  I know that there is a K2 girl will go to FIS.  All in all, if I were u, I'll let the little one stay at Anfield.

On the other hand, if u want to apply ESF kinder, it's not difficult.  U just send the birth cert and proof of address to ESF kinder for the application form and send it back one year before the date that your kid is eligible to ESF kinder.

Hope can help.
Anson & Anise

6#
發表於 07-5-15 21:47 |只看該作者

anniewmau,

if u are talking about the elementary school, I don't know which one is better.  However, if u're talking about kinder.  AIS, definately! (in MY view, ESF kinders are ).  Actually, I believe that the standard of IS are quite average.  There is no band 1 or band 5 school.  You can find band 1 to band 5 students study in the same school.  Whether your kid beyonds to band 1 or band 5, it quite depends on the parent how to guide the kid. . e.g HKIS, some students get accepted by Oxford, Cambridge..; some students take drug.

nicki,

As I know, no K2/K3 students are rejected by IS.  Except one case, there is a little boy who is JUST eligible for applying P1.  ESF thinks that he is too young and then advise the parent to apply next year.  I think 90% or more go to ESF; for the rest, they may go to other IS.  The point that if u want your kid to be accepted by the IS other than ESF, the easier way is to apply their reception classes.  As a result, if the parent decides to stay at Anfield, it means that the chance for the kid to go to, e.g. AIS, CDNIS...is very very slim.  Making a successful application for other IS also depends on (1) time of application (2) holder of passport of other countries  (3) other priority?  
Some K2 or K3 graudates will go to the local school.  Why?  That is because most of them study at 2 schools.  Very often, St.Catherine/Kentville in a.m. and Anfield in p.m.  It's crazy!!!!

If i have made any mistakes, pls clarify.

7#
發表於 07-5-16 16:03 |只看該作者

Fattymom, thanks for your opinions, so please correct me if I was wrong.....

1) Anfield 90% ESF & 10% other IS (depending time of application & nationaility of child)
2) ESF kinder is    and Anfield is  

What if I am not sure yet to study in Local (target are the famous & well known) or IS for primary, what kinder do you recommended? (I don't agreed to go to 2 school a day, am & pm that will be so tried for child and they will lose their interest of learning) Thanks again........
Anson & Anise

8#
發表於 07-5-17 10:02 |只看該作者

in MY view, ESF kinders are  
Dear Fattymon,

Why do you think ESF kinders are    ?
Would you please share your ideas?

inho

9#
發表於 07-5-18 22:06 |只看該作者

nicki,

1. Yes.  It's roughly 90% graduates go to ESF.  The other 10% (approx. 4 or less) go to other IS.  Today, a parent of my son's classmate told me that his son has passed the interview of HKIS and CNDIS; however, they send out the application too late, he has to wait for the vacancy.  It prove that graduates are of high quality .

2.  If u have not decided the path that you will go.  Anfield may not be a suitable choice for you.  Take my son as an example.  Anfield provides an excellent English enviornment, you can see more than 90% of students chatting with Eng.  We also speak with my son in Eng. then, he can understand cantonese BUT cannot or, I should say, he is reluctant to speak Cantonese.  They have Mardarin class everyday.  They can understand and speak some simple mandarin.  They may recognise some simple chinese words; HOWEVER, they cannot write.  Their chinese standard is far behind the local kinder.  For your situation, have u ever considered St.Catherine or Think (kln tong)?

inho,

I said ESF kinder   because my son had been offered a place and then I visited the school.  I feel that it's just like a club house for young kids to play.  It's school time when I visited.  I saw most children were playing or eating on their own, not well-organised activities to inspire or to lead the kids.  A parent told me (quit already), her girl could sleep on a cushion for all 3 hours!!! No body interrupt her .  Honestly, it's not difficult to get admitted, even though u're on the waiting list.  it's because quite a lot parent turn down the offer after consideration.  Months before, there are some thread about ESF kinder in this forum.  Try to search for them out Anyway, it's better to visit the school and make your own decision.  What most people think is terrible, may be just fit for u.

10#
發表於 07-5-19 08:16 |只看該作者

inho,

I said ESF kinder  because my son had been offered a place and then I visited the school. I feel that it's just like a club house for young kids to play. It's school time when I visited. I saw most children were playing or eating on their own, not well-organised activities to inspire or to lead the kids. A parent told me (quit already), her girl could sleep on a cushion for all 3 hours!!! No body interrupt her  . Honestly, it's not difficult to get admitted, even though u're on the waiting list. it's because quite a lot parent turn down the offer after consideration. Months before, there are some thread about ESF kinder in this forum. Try to search for them out  Anyway, it's better to visit the school and make your own decision. What most people think is terrible, may be just fit for u.

Dear Fattymon,

Many thanks for your sharing.

It is so shocking to me, especially because the school is run under the brand ESF (though ESF Services Limited is not subvented by Govt). I am not sure if the time you were there is recess time.

As far as I know, the school was designed to be of an open area, that is, no partition for classroom. Students can explore in different areas, playing, learning and making friends during the right time (rest time?) . They do have curriculum and planned themes of teaching, but I don't really know how they actually deliver activties to students.

Parents of ESF kinder may share their kids' learning experience there.

inho

11#
發表於 07-5-19 12:06 |只看該作者

inho,

I'm sure that is not a recess time during I was there.  Yes, there is a theme and students are free to join different groups.  However, they are too free.  Some of them were eating, some are playing alone and some were listening to story, some were playing with teachers.  Since they are free to choice whatever they want to play, they may play the same game everyday!!!  The girl slept for 3 hours not because of sick or tired, she said she was too boring.  In my PERSONAL view, children need a grown-up to guide them.  I also saw their mandarin class.  The mandarin teacher use English to teach Mandarin, e.g. pointing a flower picture and ask: what is it?   .  A classmate of my son joined the class for a month and then also quit.  Anyway, ask for more comment and visit the school.  ESF elementary and secondary school are good, I don't know why the kinder is   .

12#
發表於 07-5-19 19:58 |只看該作者

:idea:Dear Fattymom,

I think it doesn't matter because learning mandarin needs another language (English as mother lanaguage) to tell the meaning to the students and let them revise it.
I know some graduates from that kinder and there were learning classes for them.
Fattymom 寫道:
inho,

I'm sure that is not a recess time during I was there.  Yes, there is a theme and students are free to join different groups.  However, they are too free.  Some of them were eating, some are playing alone and some were listening to story, some were playing with teachers.  Since they are free to choice whatever they want to play, they may play the same game everyday!!!  The girl slept for 3 hours not because of sick or tired, she said she was too boring.  In my PERSONAL view, children need a grown-up to guide them.  I also saw their mandarin class.  The mandarin teacher use English to teach Mandarin, e.g. pointing a flower picture and ask: what is it?   .  A classmate of my son joined the class for a month and then also quit.  Anyway, ask for more comment and visit the school.  ESF elementary and secondary school are good, I don't know why the kinder is   .
‹ 上一主題|下一主題