教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Applying IS
發新帖
查看: 1465|回覆: 10
go

Applying IS [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 07-5-12 23:15 |只看該作者

Applying IS

Hi, please help and solve my worries.............??

my son is studying P1 in local primary school, but early this year he tested HKWIS and confirmed that he is gifted child, so we are thinking maybe to change to an IS as they are more explore for students.

If so, Q & A time............  

1) we live in Kowloon Tong, which IS do you recommended?
2) will it be too late for application (ie for coming Sept.......!)
3) do they accept & welcome these gifted child (coz some local schools not welcome)
4) Fee, resonable? (we planned to afford only reasonable fee, as we did not except him to join IS before the test, for his sister, I already provided her int'l playgroup & assume kinder later)
5) he speaks ok english with good understanding, will it be a problem??

Thanks a million................
Anson & Anise

2#
發表於 07-5-13 18:10 |只看該作者

Re: Applying IS

Please try Kowloon Junior .ESF alloted school places based on catchment area (where you live). Please call Kowloon Junior if you are in thire catchment area. ESF school fees: $52,000 in primary & over $8,000 in secondary. They are very flexible in their syllabus and can accommodate for special needs of the children.

3#
發表於 07-5-13 18:13 |只看該作者

Beacon Hill (another ESF school) is also possible as it is located in Kowloon Tong (Ede Road)...you;d better check first which one your kid should go.

4#
發表於 07-5-15 03:16 |只看該作者

Thanks for chai_chai & Choichoichi, I will call up & check it out tomorrow. But do you know if they (ESF) will put priority to gifted child as my son is not under their admission cataory one.......... Thanks.
Anson & Anise

5#
發表於 07-5-15 07:19 |只看該作者

nicki_416 寫道:
Thanks for chai_chai & Choichoichi, I will call up & check it out tomorrow. But do you know if they (ESF) will put priority to gifted child as my son is not under their admission cataory one.......... Thanks.

No such priority.  Know that the queue for category 2 (kids who can study in local school) is still long.  You can expect to wait for a few years if you apply ESF.

For gifted child, you can try applying local schools like DBSPD or GT.

6#
發表於 07-5-15 13:43 |只看該作者

hi wymon, what is GT???  

WYmom 寫道:
[quote]
nicki_416 寫道:

No such priority.  Know that the queue for category 2 (kids who can study in local school) is still long.  You can expect to wait for a few years if you apply ESF.

For gifted child, you can try applying local schools like DBSPD or GT.[/quote]
Anson & Anise

7#
發表於 07-5-15 13:45 |只看該作者

You can try my son's school - ICS located in Jubilee Garden, as they have a teacher dealing with children with specialties.  

My son is also a gifted.

For more info, I am glad to talk to you

8#
發表於 07-5-15 14:03 |只看該作者

nicki_416 寫道:
hi wymon, what is GT???  

GT is 優才(楊殷有娣)書院, a local school located at 將軍澳調景嶺, heard that this school accepts gifted children.

9#
發表於 07-5-15 16:12 |只看該作者

Sorry, gifted children means very intelligent but having learning problem. Or simply genius kid ?

10#
發表於 07-5-15 16:33 |只看該作者

gifted child usually intelligent in their special aspect (ie, maths, art, or science.....depend on each child) and very often having certain level of learning problem(s)..........

joenkm 寫道:
Sorry, gifted children means very intelligent but having learning problem. Or simply genius kid ?
Anson & Anise

11#
發表於 07-5-15 16:36 |只看該作者

hi matdad,

I actually looked into ICS site before, but since I am not christian and I may worry if my son fits in Christian school???? Thanks

Matdad 寫道:

You can try my son's school - ICS located in Jubilee Garden, as they have a teacher dealing with children with specialties.  

My son is also a gifted.

For more info, I am glad to talk to you
Anson & Anise
‹ 上一主題|下一主題