用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 Sheng Kung Hui(Mt Butler), Lingnan and Ling Liang Ch ...
查看: 2507|回覆: 27
go

Sheng Kung Hui(Mt Butler), Lingnan and Ling Liang Church (CWB), which is be [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 07-4-18 18:05 |只看該作者

Sheng Kung Hui(Mt Butler), Lingnan and Ling Liang Church (CWB), which is better?

Among the 3 kindergarten, which one is better?

2#
發表於 07-4-19 18:54 |只看該作者

Re: Sheng Kung Hui(Mt Butler), Lingnan and Ling Liang Church (CWB), which is bet

It's really hard to say. These 3 are all very good schools.

3#
發表於 07-4-19 21:31 |只看該作者

Re: Sheng Kung Hui(Mt Butler), Lingnan and Ling Liang Church (CWB), which is bet

我個小朋友都幾扭計,但又唔係好smart,佢而家成3歲都未認到A to Z.

咁边間適合呢?

4#
發表於 07-4-19 23:05 |只看該作者

It's so common that a 3-year-old child cannot reconize all alphabets from A-Z! :
I don't have much idea on Lingnan, but I heard that Ling Liang Church will let children have more active learning, and their academic level is not very high, just normal.

5#
發表於 07-4-20 09:18 |只看該作者

My son is studing in SKH (MB), K1.  My family loves the school very much.  Not only the large playground (for all outdoor activities of the kids at least twice a week) but also the teachers are very patient and willing to communicate with the parents & the teaching approach is fit to mine (although SKH is more than 30 years old but it is project-based school).  The school gives me the comfortable impression... not commercial.

As my son is little boy (Nov 03), he could not manage himself well when he entered this school in Sept 06.  But now... he is great.  In addition, although this school is Chinese based, there is English class four times a week + a Mandarin class per week.  My son can tune his language into Cantonese or English when you talk to him in Cantonese or English respectively... not very accurate in English ... at least he is willing to speak...

Certainly, I agreed that each school is good for different kinds of kids.  Parents should choose the appropriate school based on the character of their children not the name of the school.

6#
發表於 07-4-20 12:18 |只看該作者

粟子頭 Thank so much for your info.

Actually some friends told me that SKH's acdemic level is quite high. Really hard and tough for kids. Do you think so? Have you heard there is lots of homework to do in K2 and K3? Such as.....school teach 10 words, parents need to teach 20 words extra and dictation everyweek. Need the students to be trained very discipline (maybe over discipline), therefore no individual thinking and no creative......Is that true?

But some of them said the school really good and most of them allocate to very good Primary school.

Does it matter of the kindergarten that you attend or where you live to have the allocation? I was told that the gov't allocation like lottery, it doesn't matter of which kindergarten you attend.

Sorry for so many questions. Thanks thanks......

7#
發表於 07-4-23 13:12 |只看該作者

Is your child a boy or a girl?  I've heard from many friends that there're not too many homework from SKH. Last year my girl was admitted to SKH K1, but because I want her to stay in Victoria last year, I finally withdrew the seat although I've paid the school fee and bought the exercises from the school.  As I compared the exercises from SKH and Victoria, I found the level of Chinese and maths were similar, and my girl did not have difficulty in catching up at all.  Whether it is too tough, I think it depends on the character of your child.

Regarding the discipline, I've learned from my friend and BK moms that the teachers are caring and will talk to kids.  I think some other traditional schools may be even tougher.

I think the location you live affect the allocaion of pimary school, esp. in the second round allocation and also the 'knocking-door' letter.  I also think the kinder you study may affect the entry to primary school during the 'knocking-door' letter and when you apply for 直資.

Hope the informations may help.

8#
發表於 07-4-23 18:36 |只看該作者

Cinder, thanks for your info. I have already withdrew LLC mainly because of the traffic. They cannot provide 2 ways school bus or private school bus for my daughter. I'll go for SKH. Actually, about all of the parents in this forum that I've seen, their comment of SKH are good. That make me more relief because most of my friends' comments of SKH is not so good.

9#
發表於 07-4-24 09:05 |只看該作者

Irian,

For homework, it is OK as my son is K1.  Only 1 homework per day in 2nd semester.  I do not heard about the homework of K2 or K3 is too much.  But I found that all kids in SKH love to go to school.  In my case, my son can catch up because he learned most of words in his school books before (I teached him when I have spare time).

For the discipline, I cannot find that it is too tough. Most of the kids can follow the instructions of the teachers.  Even a few kids cannot follow, the teacher will teach them.. not blame.  

For innovation, as I mentioned before, there is project-based.  Even K1, they have their own project.  The kids discuss and vote... and choose their own project to do...  I think it is enough for the 3 years-old children to make their own decision under certain guidelines.

10#
發表於 07-4-24 18:19 |只看該作者

How can you send your kid to school? The school only offer a few school bus route or private school bus. I found the only transport to SKH is private car or school bus. Is there any other ways to go? Is it very common that parent or helper drive there?

11#
發表於 07-4-26 09:05 |只看該作者

By school bus!

12#
發表於 07-4-26 12:21 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

13#
發表於 07-4-26 15:51 |只看該作者

Where do you live? How much does it cost for the school bus?

I live close to Parkview, I checked with school that no school bus come to my place. There is a private school bus can do but it is expensive $1200/month. I have timed from my place to school only 8 mins drive.

Where is the route about the minibus? From which part of CWB to where?

Thank you very much for your infos.

14#
發表於 07-4-26 21:55 |只看該作者

15#
發表於 07-4-26 23:12 |只看該作者

ckwliu, thanks so much for your info. Her brother also took school bus to school starts from K1. I think it can train him more independent and make more friends. But of course if the school bus travel around and take 30 mins to arrive school, I will do it myself.

Which grade is your kid studying? K1,2 or 3? Do you think the teachers are good? Which Primary school are you expecting to apply for your kid?

Is SKH allow parents to bring kids to classroom and play with them for a while? Or like some kinder that parents have to leave once they hand over the child to the teacher in front of the door?

16#
發表於 07-4-26 23:26 |只看該作者

17#
發表於 07-4-27 11:31 |只看該作者

ckwliu,

Some of my friend told me that there is lots of homeworks and dictation in K3 SKH. Parents have to put lots of effort. The life like in primary school. They told me that SKH expects the kids who graduate from there know 600 chinese characters. Is that true? Actually, all of those friends, they only heard from other people. They don't really have kids study there. I think you are the right person to talk about this!

thanks so much.

18#
發表於 07-4-27 11:57 |只看該作者

19#
發表於 07-4-27 12:37 |只看該作者

Hi ckwliu,

May I know what is "choi kai yau"?

You said your son need 45 min. bus ride.  May I know where do you live?

Cinder.

20#
發表於 07-4-27 12:41 |只看該作者

ckwliu,

It sounds good that they will teach but not push everything in kids' brain. I really worry that my kid will scare about learning if they force them to learn. But now I've more confident in SKH. Thank you!

Your helper is really good. She is willing to help your son. My helper's english is good, however she is not always wants to teach my kids. (of course, I don't asked her to do any revision for them). I think she wants to look for a western family. She always want to stay outside overnight. She is not to re-new the contract this June. And now I'm looking for another one who love to do tutoring and can cook. Another headache!
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖