用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 海外留學 HKU-computer science or UC-San Diego-computer scienc ...
發新帖
查看: 1880|回覆: 4
go

HKU-computer science or UC-San Diego-computer science better? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 07-3-27 22:41 |只看該作者

HKU-computer science or UC-San Diego-computer science better?

HKU or UC San Diego is better?

2#
發表於 07-4-3 21:59 |只看該作者

Re: HKU-computer science or UC-San Diego-computer science better?

hello, i just want to tell you that the knowledge itself stays the same no matter where you study. it's about the professors that can change ur attitude toward the subject, or how good they can make u understand and absorb the stuff. in my daughter's experience, studying in US was the most memorable exp in her life, she always mention how great the professors were in the States, how knowlegeable they were. she had made a lot of frds from different countries that she would visit from time to time now. and since she had spent 5 months to exchange to HKU, so she could also give u some advices. she said the professors were like secondary school teachers. their lectures were boring becoz they only read out their lecture notes. word for word. and that's why most of the students in HK skipped classes. she said she had never skipped a single class in the States becoz she thought she would miss so much if she skipped a class. if u have any questions about studying in US, u can ask me. hope this can help.

3#
發表於 07-4-4 08:56 |只看該作者

Thanks so much for your advice.
Basically, he has decided to study in US.Some school rejected him already,of course he is still waiting for some other schools' news.Up to now, he got accepted by U of Washington and U of california at San diego. His purpose is to transfer to some better schools with ranking maybe within 20 in his second year or third year.So, which one is better in order to achieve his purpose?Thank you very much.

4#
發表於 07-4-4 11:15 |只看該作者

u mean if washington is better? or san diego is better? i dunno about washington, but san diego as i know is indeed not bad. my daugther went to UC berkeley. and she loved california. she always says it's the best place to live. maybe ur son can think of going to san diego and then transfer to UCLA or berkeley. good luck

5#
發表於 07-4-4 15:27 |只看該作者

Thanks wongusa.My younger brother also applied berkeley but got rejected Your daughter is so smart.Your suggestion is indeed a very good option.However, some of  my friends said washington is better while some supported san diego. i believe it is easier to transfer to berkeley if you are in san diego. But for other good schools, i don't know whether it make any difference for both schools.I want to have a clearer picture before making any decision.
By the way,how is your daughter now?and what did she study in berkeley
‹ 上一主題|下一主題