教育王國 討論區 國際學校 GSIS Kindergarten Interview
發新帖
查看: 6397|回覆: 18
go

GSIS Kindergarten Interview [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 07-3-23 16:19 |只看該作者

GSIS Kindergarten Interview

Anyone attended the GSIS Kindergarten Interview this year?

2#
發表於 07-3-23 16:37 |只看該作者

Re: GSIS Kindergarten Interview

I am still waiting. What are you up to?
:-P

3#
發表於 07-3-23 17:17 |只看該作者

Yes, still waiting.  Did your child interview for K1?

4#
發表於 07-3-23 17:33 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

5#
發表於 07-3-23 18:00 |只看該作者

Haven't heard whether the result is out yet but one piece of news is that there should still be K1 for the coming academic year and it should be in the Peak campus although they told you before the interview that there might not be K1.

6#
發表於 07-3-23 18:12 |只看該作者

Komuimama,

Did the government give approval to their space request ?  They said the government rejected them before.

7#
發表於 07-3-23 23:04 |只看該作者

They have not officially announced.  The space is not in the Peak but in Tin Hau.

8#
發表於 07-3-23 23:28 |只看該作者

They mentioned that even they get to keep the Tin Hau campus, they still won't have enough space because they have to add a few more classes for the German Stream.  If the government does not approve more space (in addition to Tin Hau), which they rejected before, the school will not be able to have enough space for everyone.  That's the reason why there might not be K1 for international stream.

If they confirmed that there will be K1, that would mean they might have gotten some space approval from the government.   Not sure if this is the case.

Komuimama 寫道:
They have not officially announced.  The space is not in the Peak but in Tin Hau.

9#
發表於 07-3-28 01:25 |只看該作者

Hello!
Did you guys send your child to any pre-nursery? If so, which one would you recommend? I would love to send my child to GSIS kindergarten and want to prepare her well for the interview. Pls. help!
Also, christf, can you tell me if you speak to your child in Chinese or English? Since GSIS requires all applicants to be native English speaker, I'm worried that my child is not exposed to English enough. Pls. help and any of your advise is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

10#
發表於 07-3-28 08:56 |只看該作者

11#
發表於 07-3-28 11:04 |只看該作者

HI christf,
thanks so much for your advise. My child is only 8 months old now. I'm thinking of taking my child to some English speaking pre-nursury when she turns 1y. Did you do that for your kid? If so, which one do you recommend? Is QBS a kindergarten? Is it a ESF school?
Thanks a lot!

12#
發表於 07-3-28 11:19 |只看該作者

13#
發表於 07-3-28 12:00 |只看該作者

Thanks chrisft,
may I ask you which international kindergarten did your son go to and is the English private tutor expensive? Since the kindergarten interview will be held when she's a little more than 2 yrs old, I'm not sure if she can speak fluent English by then...I've been speaking to her in English so far, but my husband and my helper both speak Canto to her.

14#
發表於 07-3-28 12:16 |只看該作者

15#
發表於 07-3-28 23:10 |只看該作者

HI christf,
thanks so much for your advise. You are really nice and attentive. Hope we can keep in touch on bk always.
Speak to you soon!

16#
發表於 07-3-29 22:43 |只看該作者

The latest news are that there will neither be K1 and the additional K2 in the next academic year but nothing has yet been officially announced.[quote]

17#
發表於 07-3-29 23:30 |只看該作者

Does that mean whoever pass K1 and K2 this year will not be able to attend this coming academic year?  What will happen to them?  Stay on the waiting list for K2 and P1?

Komuimama 寫道:
The latest news are that there will neither be K1 and the additional K2 in the next academic year but nothing has yet been officially announced.[quote]

18#
發表於 07-3-31 00:01 |只看該作者

It would seem to be so.  In the past, those who passed their test but were not offered a place due to priority would stay on their waiting list for the same academic year until a place is available but will not automatically go to the next year.  If throughout the year, there is no vacancy, the waiting list will expire and GSIS will test the kids again for the next academic year.  However, if the kids pass the test again, they will be given certain priority.  What happens this year is a bit different from the past so I don't know how they are going to treat the kids who pass the K1 and K2 test this year.  

[quote]
courtbas 寫道:
Does that mean whoever pass K1 and K2 this year will not be able to attend this coming academic year?  What will happen to them?  Stay on the waiting list for K2 and P1?

19#
發表於 07-4-5 21:58 |只看該作者

christf,

My girl also 3 years old and will study int'l kinder in the coming sept, i want my daughter to improve her oral english as i communicate with her in cantonese at home, i really worry if she cannot speak fluent english. would u mind tell me which kind of extra-cirriculum did your son join? How many lesson each week? Also, would u tell me how often did the native english teacher teach your son each week and how long does it take each time?

autest_baby
‹ 上一主題|下一主題